I'm still fairly new to the BB OS, but I haven't seen anything on this issue so far.

I received an email from [email protected] this afternoon on my work account. It said...

Update the password for (insert my email address here) in the Blackberry Internet Service. Email messages are not being delivered to your device.

It then provides a walkthrough of how to update the password on your device, which I followed, with no success.

Tried a battery pull just for the heck of it and had no luck.

Logged into my email account from my PC, and everything worked as usual.

Tried updating the password again, just in case I entered the wrong one by accident.

Finally, I ended up just deleting the account from my phone, and re-registering using the same password, and everything has been working fine since then.

Random freak event, or possibly just an IT issue with my company email server?
    01-27-09 03:53 AM
    That sounds interesting. But as long as everything is working now, it is all good.

01-27-09 07:31 AM
    Nope never has happened to me.

lol
    01-27-09 07:40 AM
    Had to be an IT problem on the company's end. I talked to two other BB owners tonight and they both received the same email. They however, were successful after the first time re entering their password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:29 AM
    It could have been numerous things but if you enter your pass and it still doesn't work resend the service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:34 AM
    I had the same thing happen, but it was after doing the first switch device using the DM and copying stuff from my old Curve. I think it over-wrote the sevice books, and I had to delete and re-create the email account as well.
    01-27-09 08:38 AM
    Never happened to me either but I would wonder why you weren't getting messages. Might be worth updating the password just to be safe. Maybe someone tried to access your account as was locked out fora certain number of attempts.
    01-27-09 08:45 AM
    I would recommend changing ur password now too.....never know if its just a phishing scam to gather login info. Email addresses can easily be masked.
    01-27-09 08:53 AM
    I would recommend changing ur password now too.....never know if its just a phishing scam to gather login info. Email addresses can easily be masked.
    That was my initial thought.
    01-27-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD