If so what Os is on it? My husband got a replacement and it already has .148 installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 10:38 AM
    If so what Os is on it? My husband got a replacement and it already has .148 installed.

Well that refurbished product you received has .148 installed because the previous owner installed the leaked OS. Verizon has not installed .148 with their new storms until today at 3. Pm st.

05-31-09 10:42 AM
    Yeah, I call BS. And no refurb is still going to have the OS that the previous owner had because they are wiped first. Nice try OP
    05-31-09 10:44 AM
    I just thought it was weird. Aren't they supposed to check their phones before they give them to someone else? They are so picky as it is.

05-31-09 10:47 AM
    No bs sorry

05-31-09 10:48 AM
    The rudeness and arrogance in replies is amazing sometimes. The OP clearly asked an innocent question and immediately honesty and integrity are called into question.
    05-31-09 10:51 AM
    The rudeness and arrogance in replies is amazing sometimes. The OP clearly asked an innocent question and immediately honesty and integrity are called into question.
    Thank you for your support. I was just curious if they made a mistake or not.

05-31-09 10:54 AM
    Its not totally impossible.....I have seen stranger things with warranty exchanges.....did you get the phone from a store or was it shipped?
    05-31-09 11:00 AM
    I received a replacement BB Storm 2 weeks ago and its refurbished and it had OS .75 installed. I had a little water spilled into the phone so i had to get it replaced.
    05-31-09 11:02 AM
    He went in the store. His other phone just froze with a white screen and a fatal error.

05-31-09 11:03 AM
    I think you just got lucky.....
    05-31-09 11:07 AM
    Yes looks like it.

05-31-09 11:09 AM
    I wouldn't accept it. Sounds like a return that wasn't refurbed. Take it back. Unless vzw can confirm .148 is supposed to be on there.

05-31-09 11:15 AM
    I will tell him thanks.

05-31-09 11:17 AM
    If its not broke why fix it......If your husbands phone is currently functioning properly.....why chance it?
    05-31-09 11:21 AM
    just replace my storm today...it had .75 on it
    05-31-09 11:23 AM
    Just out of curiosity I called tech support they said the store put it on that they had it frida(sorry it was friday that this happened days confused)and they are putting it on all the phones. Don't know if this is true or not.

05-31-09 11:34 AM
    I could definitely see someone getting a refurb phone with a leaked os, i returned a phone before that was completely screwed up once and a week later a friend of mine went into the same store and they sold him the phone i returned and didn't fix a dam thing with it.
    05-31-09 11:35 AM
    The phone could easily have been a phone an employee at the store had, and loaded the .148 leak. The person didn't like it, returned it, and it was placed as a refurb in the store.
    05-31-09 11:50 AM

The refurbished devices come from rim then through vzw for adt'l "testing" it is quite possible that's where the os came from b/c I find it hard to believe they would even allow a person to do a warranty replacement with "leaked" s/w on there...which by the way only recently came out itself..I say keep it
    05-31-09 12:19 PM
    I went to Verizon because my phone would not send out mms and my phone had .121 and they to replaced it with no question asked

05-31-09 01:31 PM
    I have a ton of dust under my screen. Do they repllace for that?

05-31-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD