season opens in 2 days
    whats the hold up!

I was hoping this would release with app world -- i know some of you have gotten emails from mlb saying it was coming - was wondering if anyone had heard of a release date
    04-03-09 08:32 AM
    Nope. Haven't heard an ETA other than 'soon'.
    04-03-09 08:37 AM
    I downloaded the quick launch to chicagocubs mobile. I like it. I have my cubbies icon showing, click it and see all the news I want :-)
    04-03-09 09:18 AM
    ***Read outloud with your best Harry Carary impression***

Hey everbody, I'm so excited about the upcoming baseball season. I even went out and got me a buncha hotdawgs to eat everyday before opening day! Hey, if MLB would hurry up with this new app I would never have to leave bathroom. It would be like being at the ballpark in your pajamas. Nothing beats baseball in your pajamas. Can you imagine how free you would feel manning second base in a pair of JC Penny sleep wear? I know how I would feel. Hey, if the MLB app was a hotdawg, would you eat it? I know I would, I would ask for seconds and then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser.
    04-03-09 09:31 AM
    I downloaded the quick launch to chicagocubs mobile. I like it. I have my cubbies icon showing, click it and see all the news I want :-)
    yup, same here! It may not be perfect or glamorous looking, but it get the job done.

Side note, when do you think Fukudome will be in the minors? My prediction June 1st. Its Reed Johnson's time!
    04-03-09 09:34 AM
    unfortunately, everyone, here's the latest from mlb.com:

MLB.com Gameday Application for BlackBerry

The Gameday Application is no longer being supported. However Gameday data is available on your BlackBerry at MLB.com.

that s*cks
    04-03-09 09:50 AM

The Gameday Application is no longer being supported. However Gameday data is available on your BlackBerry at MLB.com.

that s*cks
    But there is a new app coming. That will supposedly include Gameday Audio.
    04-03-09 09:52 AM
    But there is a new app coming. That will supposedly include Gameday Audio.
    ah, I thought that's what they were referring to...
    04-03-09 09:53 AM
    While I agree with you. I don't think fukudome will ever see the minors. You don't get paid all that money and then get sent down. And don't say I'm crazy cuz I'm not. First and formost its a business. I just hope Bradley stays healthy.

yup, same here! It may not be perfect or glamorous looking, but it get the job done.

Side note, when do you think Fukudome will be in the minors? My prediction June 1st. Its Reed Johnson's time!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:19 AM
    ah, I thought that's what they were referring to...
    Someone emailed MLB about the MLB at Bat app for the storm. Here's the post:

I just received a reply to an email I sent to MLB.

"Do you know if one of the devices will be the Storm? Will this service be ready for opening day? Thank you very much."

Yes and Yes. On your storm the service will be called MLB.com Mobile Premium and it will include Gameday Audio

Regards,

Adam Ritter
    MLB Advanced Media

This is GREAT news!
    Linky to the other thread that contains this post.
    04-03-09 10:23 AM
    well i look forward to its release in the next 2 days then!
    04-03-09 10:39 AM

Yeah it will be a tough one. On paper, and looking at games played, Reed has better stats. However he also has A LOT less games played. So who knows what will happen if he actually gets MORE game time. He may end up even with Fukudome.
    04-03-09 11:06 AM
    ***Read outloud with your best Harry Carary impression***

Hey everbody, I'm so excited about the upcoming baseball season. I even went out and got me a buncha hotdawgs to eat everyday before opening day! Hey, if MLB would hurry up with this new app I would never have to leave bathroom. It would be like being at the ballpark in your pajamas. Nothing beats baseball in your pajamas. Can you imagine how free you would feel manning second base in a pair of JC Penny sleep wear? I know how I would feel. Hey, if the MLB app was a hotdawg, would you eat it? I know I would, I would ask for seconds and then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser.
    Oh I inserted the impression, and I laughed. lol
    04-03-09 11:07 AM

that s*cks
    If this is from mlb.com, can you post the link please? I emailed that guy that gave me the original information yesterday, and he says they are still on target for opening day.

Edit - just found what you are talking about. That is referring to the gameday app for blackberry. The OP is talking about gameday AUDIO which allows us to listen to live streams of the mlb radio broadcasts.
    Last edited by jep0617; 04-03-09 at 11:29 AM. Reason: found more info
    04-03-09 11:27 AM
    I personally liked the mlb gameday. I don't want the audio version. I used my gameday when I was in places where I couldn't/shouldn't watch/listen to a game. But I could peek at that and see what was happening right then or look at the history of the plays. It's not live streaming video but it is close enough that I got a good picture of what was going on.

So, my question is, does anyone know of another app that does something similar? I really don't want this audio app.

I have my espn icon, my Boston icon and even my mlb.com icon, lol but I want what I had last year something like gameday.
    04-18-09 02:26 AM
    Has anyone bought the MLB Premium Package? Reviews?
    04-18-09 08:05 AM
    I subscribed to the permium mobile thing ($15 a year).

It basically installs an icon on your phone that launches the MLB.Com page for your desired team - a shortcut, basically.

When on there you can sign into your account and stream live gameday audio for any game that you want to listen to.

It's not an app; it's really just a link to a web page. I don't know if an app would be nicer or not since this seems to work well and since it's plain HTML, it's less likely to be buggy.

For me, being out of market for my chosen team, the $15 is a great value and it's nice to click over to see a summary of the headlines relating to my team.
    04-18-09 08:08 AM
    I subscribed to the permium mobile thing ($15 a year).

It basically installs an icon on your phone that launches the MLB.Com page for your desired team - a shortcut, basically.

When on there you can sign into your account and stream live gameday audio for any game that you want to listen to.

It's not an app; it's really just a link to a web page. I don't know if an app would be nicer or not since this seems to work well and since it's plain HTML, it's less likely to be buggy.

For me, being out of market for my chosen team, the $15 is a great value and it's nice to click over to see a summary of the headlines relating to my team.
    So you can't not watch other games on Gameday?
    04-18-09 08:16 AM
    Gameday audio is like a radio, you can listen to any game. There is no watching available.
    04-18-09 08:46 AM
    That is disappointing
    04-18-09 08:50 AM
    Sik, how does the gameday audio sound? Does it pause or freeze or do anything funny. I have been a Gameday Audio subsriber for years so I could listen to out of market games at work but I held off this year thinking I might get this instead.
    04-18-09 12:25 PM
    Also, can you listen to gameday audio on the computer and your blackberry?
    04-18-09 12:30 PM
    The gameday audio for computers requires a separate subscription, I gather. The mobile one is JUST for blackberries. I have been tempted to get the regular gameday audio sub so that I can play back thru my computer but thus far I've resisted getting both on account that whilst I might not always have my laptop with me, I *ALWAYS* have my cellphone.

The audio is radio quality - if your signal is a bit weak then it can break up as the thing buffers but I find even with 1 or 2 bars of signal I get no interruptions.

Yes, you can listen to ANY live game; not just your team of choice.
    No, there is no live video, but there are often video highlights posted after each game.
    04-18-09 12:45 PM
    I signed up for the MLB Premium Mobile package. It's only $14.99 for the whole season and I figure with 150 or so games left, that is a pretty reasonable investment at about $.10 per game.

I like that you have the option of listening to both teams' flagship broadcasts. I can listen to my Orioles radio and then see what they are saying in Boston.

I also signed up for the video updates for an extra $2.99 per month, but it really isn't worth it to me. They send you a few during the game (i.e. after home runs, etc.) but so far I've only watched a couple.

Go O's!
    04-18-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD