So i just recently got a replacement phone after mine fell in the snow and it is/was brand new out of the box so its not refurbished.

something that seems to happen alot with it though is that the phone will randomly shut off. as in like i pulled the battery because it always does a full reset when it starts back up. Its wierd because it will stay on over night but during the day it will randomly shut off sometimes and i wont even know it becuase there is no kind of warning/alert.

anyone else have this problem? any remedies?
    12-28-08 08:56 PM
    Well... I had a random reboot issue with my Bold and since updating to the latest beta, I've been smooth sailing.

Have you tried .85 for the Storm?
    12-28-08 09:01 PM
    Mine was doing that too. Exactly what yours was doing. I brought it to Verizon and they just handed me a new one...
    12-28-08 09:01 PM
    Well... I had a random reboot issue with my Bold and since updating to the latest beta, I've been smooth sailing.

Have you tried .85 for the Storm?
    I have a mac so i have to wait til the OTA update. I doubt its an OS issue though because its running .75 and thats what my last phone was running

Mine was doing that too. Exactly what yours was doing. I brought it to Verizon and they just handed me a new one...
    that would suck if i have to take it in again. i really love this phone and the first one i had was perfect never had any issues out of the box and now im having issues. i just hope its not a continuous thing where i have to get a new model every month.
    12-28-08 09:04 PM
    ya mine does to...since i got a new one friday...its happened twice...my first one did it like three-four times a day i got used to it tho..i assumed all blackberrys did it..??
    12-28-08 09:27 PM
    Mine has done it about 6 times and Ive had it for 2 weeks. The last time it happened I was using the Garmin mobile gps software and I looked down for directions and my storm was doing the spinning clock load screen.
    12-28-08 09:43 PM
    all the time here
    i am geting my 3rd phone next week. They will keep giving me new phones till this problem stops
    12-28-08 09:51 PM
    It's the software. Try and have some patience. New updates are coming.
    12-28-08 09:53 PM
    That's kind of what I figured. My Storm does this maybe 3Xs a week, too. I had this issue with my original pearl "back in the day" hehe.... it eventually crashed totally. The replacement T-mobile sent only did it ONCE the near year I used it. Every time it happened, the pearl and the new Storm, I was in the middle of one program while having another opened in standby... meaning I didn't "stop" one app completely before moving on to the next because I wanted to go back to where I was. Ex: pausing in the middle of listening to music to send a picture message... add the camera and there's 3 apps going at once.

Can we say "overload"? hehehe.... Unless your storm is doing this multiple times a day, I think CX is right... try the OFFICIAL updates.
    12-28-08 10:54 PM
    i've had my storm for one week now. it randomly turned off one time on the second day but not since then.
    12-28-08 10:55 PM
    how can it be the software? my first phone didnt have this issue and it had .75 as well.
    12-29-08 12:14 AM
    I love this answer....have some patience. So, can you tell my clients to have patience when they are talking to me and I just disappear, only to return 3 minutes later with a "sorry, my phone shut off".
    02-23-09 12:10 PM
    mine does it once a day now, the only thing is when it turns on now it just gives me a verizon screen and i cant access my phone, now after doing ten battery pulls it works, but some of my icons are missing. i think im going back to my 8830
    02-23-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD