It only happens occasionally but its been happening to me since i went to .83 and now .85

If i go to settings and change the time the backlight goes idle it seems to go off afterwards but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue

My aol email has also been extremely inconsistant -- sometimes its instaneous, sometimes its delayed , sometimes it never gets to my berry at all

was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
    01-03-09 05:45 PM
    I've seen this inconsistently also. Notice it most often if the unit is not sitting clearly in one plane. E.G. it was sitting on a couple of books at an angle with one corner down. It never went into "idle". I watched it for over an hour, and gave up because I needed to read a company e-mail that came in...
    01-03-09 05:53 PM
    Not consistently but it has happened on 2 separate occasions since going to .85. Both times it was laying flat and it just never dimmed out to black. Kick the heck out of my battery.
    01-03-09 05:59 PM
    This happen to me once and a reboot fixed.
    01-03-09 06:27 PM
    My Storm had this problem the first couple of days after I got it (Nov. 21 - version .65). Reboot fixed it then. Didn't have the problem until tonight and another reboot fixed it for me. I'm using .85 now, but can't see there's a correlation to the O.S. though since it happened before on .65.
    01-03-09 06:40 PM
    Yeah I have rebooted as well -- it didnt take once-- i dunno its a pain in the *** but i guess im glad it doesnt seem like im only one with this prob
    01-03-09 06:53 PM
    I also had this happen once and a reboot fixed it.
    01-03-09 07:04 PM
    This happen to me once and a reboot fixed.
    Same with mine. On .83 BTW.
    01-03-09 07:19 PM
    yea happens all the time.. worst is when i'm trying to go to sleep and it doesn't shut off.. battery killer if it's in your pocket
    01-03-09 07:23 PM
    Same here...battery pull was a quick fix but it only started happening when I switched to .85. I have also noticed that when I plug it in before I go to bed the screen won't dimm out and the phone will stay bright all night....anyone with this problem?
    01-03-09 07:25 PM
    Same here...battery pull was a quick fix but it only started happening when I switched to .85. I have also noticed that when I plug it in before I go to bed the screen won't dimm out and the phone will stay bright all night....anyone with this problem?
    No, not staying bright, but one night when still on .75 my screen would dim then get bright then dim again, did it about every 2 or 3 minutes all night. Only ever happened once though and never happened again.
    01-03-09 08:27 PM
    I've had this issue pretty much daily ever since the .85 update. Very frustrating, but I'm also having the "media card" and subsequent Verizon screen of doom. I'm getting tired of pulling the battery multiple times a day.

I'm really hoping .86 (or another near release) addresses some of these issues.
    01-04-09 07:23 AM
    I've had this issue pretty much daily ever since the .85 update. Very frustrating, but I'm also having the "media card" and subsequent Verizon screen of doom. I'm getting tired of pulling the battery multiple times a day.

I'm really hoping .86 (or another near release) addresses some of these issues.
    Thankfully my Storm only did the media card and WSoD once so far. By mentioning this, it means today its going to happen a lot
    01-04-09 09:03 AM
    Was reading a post about this issue and wouldn't you know it, my Storm would not fade. A quick battery pull corrected it and I have not had the issue sense.
    I my Storm knew I was reading smack about it.......
    01-04-09 10:48 AM
    I too have the problem and only since the .83 upgrade (which I've been running since it was leaked. I have never used the .85 version)...I also noticed that I was unable to turn the phone off and if I tried to see all open applications, that failed as well. The only way to recover for me was a battery pull or using the quickpull app. I noticed that it happened more frequently when the battery had less that 40% life left.
    I actually went back to official .75 this morning. Given the shorter than expected battery life, this happened quite frequently for me and was more of a pain than the upgrade was worth.
    01-04-09 11:10 AM
    A little off topic but where can I find this Quick Pull application?
    01-04-09 11:11 AM
    This is one of the big reasons I switched back to .75

The phone just out of nowhere deciding not to turn the screen off and instead killing the battery is unacceptable.
    01-04-09 11:17 AM
    A little off topic but where can I find this Quick Pull application?
    it's in the software section....just search for quickpull...it's free too!
    01-04-09 12:39 PM
    This is why i am downgrading as we speak. My screen would stay on all the time even when locked. The phone would also not turn off. It would just stay on screen that says hit any button to abort but would never turn off. After battery pulls it would take forever to fire back up and every couple of times just got to verizon screen and not move forward. O yeah the phone would also not unlock. Its crazy .85 started out flawless and has slowly eroded.
    01-04-09 01:00 PM
    Had this issue once did a batt pull and it hasnt returned since running .85 as we speak.
    01-04-09 11:18 PM
    I posted this elsewhere, but I had a similar issue where the screen would start to go dim when locked, but when I'd press the screen it would light back up and unlock. I noticed it was similar behavior to bedside mode in the clock, so when I checked the clock, i was given the option to exit bedside mode.

When i did that, the issue was fixed, so I guess when i took it off the dock in the morning, it didn't exit bedside mode properly. Not sure how that made it past multiple battery pulls but it must be a glitch to stay in that mode even when the clock isn't running, or the active app.

Hope it helps.
    01-05-09 10:46 AM
    i had this issue when i first updated to .85 from .83. it seemed to resolve itself after i uninstalled some random apps and did a battery pull. battery drain problem also dissappeared after the pull. but who knows if that's what solved the problem
    01-05-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD