02-08-09 12:56 AM
43 12
tools
    I never had a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard prior to getting the Storm, but was dead set on using the keyboard in QWERTY mode- until I tried it. I find I'm way faster and more accurate with SureType, about 90% of the time.
    02-04-09 06:47 PM
    I have my portrait mode defaulting to multitype. It seems to work like suretype and not multi type even when in mult mode. I am confused!
    02-04-09 06:55 PM
    I just sent a text to my GF using sure type for the first time and it's actually pretty cool, it's going to take some time to get used to it but I think Im going to like it
    02-04-09 06:57 PM
    TIP: When you're using SureType and if you notice that it's correctly predicted the word that you want, you can press the word to select it OR just press the ENTER button. Pressing enter also selects the current 'predicted' word.

Once I discovered that, my typing speed and accuracy skyrocketed
    02-04-09 07:14 PM
    I SUCK at Suretype. I don't know what my problem is. I'm awesome with T9 but I think my main issue with SureType is that I hit L instead of backspace and it takes a while for my brain to catch up with my thumb. I use the landscape keyboard and I'm speedy fast on that.
    02-04-09 07:18 PM
    I use suretype when I'm typing notes, texts, or anything real quick (such as answering questions on these forums). But when I have to type something very long, I prefer to use the landscape keyboard because my hands are more at rest and don't tire as easily. But if I had to put a percentage for this, I would say 89% suretype and 11% landscape qwerty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 08:33 PM
    I swore I would never use the SureType. I didn't like it, I didn't get it at all ....

Last night on my way home, I was messing around with it .... I love it! I still use the QWERTY most of the time, but I am acclimating well to the SureType.
    02-05-09 07:19 AM
    I'm really surprised I like it so much, I guess with the pearl its so small. When I was looking for my first blackberry I had a LG Chocolate, so when I'd try out the pearl I could not get my mind into suretype mode and was constantly trying to type like T9. I think the key is just add all those random words to your dictionary. I love how the bb is smart enough to even use your address book as a dictionary. I have lots of asian friends with big last names and it's awesome how it brings them right up.
    02-05-09 08:03 AM
    the only time i don't use sure-type is for tricky last names that just won't register. i use it for all messages and for the most part i fly through typing, even faster than when i used qwerty. the accuracy of the guessing of words is amazing, and it actually learns very well... almost too well. i use an abreviation of UF (work related) often and the abreviation actually comes up when i try to type "if" now, which is a little annoying at times but i've gotten used to it.
    02-05-09 08:09 AM
    as hard as I try I just cannot bring myself to love suretype. I mean i have no problem using it to bang out a quick SMS response but for a long message I much prefer switching to landscape.
    02-05-09 08:10 AM
    I have to mulitap. I had a chocolate before the storm so I always had to text with one hand. I just could not get used to suretype it drove me nuts!
    02-07-09 11:09 PM
    I've been a fan since I had my Pearl. It's really great having the option of both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 11:14 PM
    I was always a big T9 user for texting and Suretype is as close to that so I use Suretype all the time. I guess if you came from an Env or Env2 then I'm sure most will use the full keyboard. I think it depends what you're used to.
    02-07-09 11:55 PM
    I used to have a pearl and loved suretype. For some reason the suretype on the Storm aggravated me too much. It never guessed my word and trying to pick it from suggestions was terrible. It added minutes to typing a simple email. Any time i typed friday, feufat would be the first word to come out. friday was 4th on the list. Just way too stupid for me.

Thank goodness for qwerty i portrait with .99. Suretype didn't agree with me
    02-08-09 12:10 AM
    Now that they have full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode I just use that. (OS .90 and up) It to me is better than sure type even though the keys are small.

Before that though, I would use suretype over multitap when typing in portrait
    02-08-09 12:23 AM
    When I first wrote this post I switched to suretype but kept going back to qwerty. Now I can honestly say, I ONLY use suretype. I can type just as fast as I could on my 8703e with suretype. Before I used to send random texts to friends on the 8703 but found with qwerty on the storm I'd never want to since it was a hassle. With suretype though I can type fast again and love it!
    02-08-09 12:46 AM
    When I first wrote this post I switched to suretype but kept going back to qwerty. Now I can honestly say, I ONLY use suretype. I can type just as fast as I could on my 8703e with suretype. Before I used to send random texts to friends on the 8703 but found with qwerty on the storm I'd never want to since it was a hassle. With suretype though I can type fast again and love it!
    Suretype ONLY
    Never use landscape!
    02-08-09 12:50 AM
    Used to t9, suretype is awesome, hopefully more so when they fix the lag issues.
    02-08-09 12:56 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD