I think you came into Crackberry.com with the preconceived notion that all of your problems would be solved. You start reading about the leaked upgrades and then installed them. Then, you found out that they just didn't fix what you expected them to fix. Now, you're frustrated. It's a natural reaction.
    Wow. Talk about some massive assumptions. I actually found CB by accident whilst I surfing for apps for my storm. I didnt come in with any expectations of finding leaked OS'.

Regarding the OS leaks, Im extremely familiar with beta testing/user accept testing for new software or re-iterations of the same software so believe me, I dont get disappointed when I dont experiences the same fixes others do. I simply install an OS without any expectations.

I should probably clear up the 'over it' statement. I dont mean it in the pre-pubscent, whiny, scraped knee kind of way. I just meant that Im over the whole leaked OS fad, i.e. it doesnt interest me anymore. Probably because Windows 7 has taken its place. Now there is some fun.

Anywho, I do feel like I need to say that I am actually fairly unimpressed with my phone. I always knew that it wouldnt live up to the hype, but for it to fail so miserably was something I didnt anticipate. This is probably one of the worst phones I have used in a long time and I have gone through several handsets (mostly bb's).
    02-10-09 12:16 PM
    no device, as complicated as the Storm, is without its quirks and bugs on the first run. not even the almighty iPhone. It happens with Apple, Microsoft and every other complicated electronic device. So to say that all BB's are bug ridden is being very narrow sighted and ignoring every problem every other device has...
    Thats very true, but at least the iPhone is an extremely smooth and reliable phone with good hardware and software (this is coming from an anti iPhone person). From all reports, it didnt take all that long to get it to the stage where its at now.

After 3 months, the Storm still has the same issues as it did on the day of its release. The UI is still clunky and laggy. The browsing is slow. Constant problems with the media player. Constant problems with the click screen and several more factors which everyone here is familiar with.

I am a massive BB fan, but this experience has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    02-10-09 12:20 PM
    thebigpants27
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon

this dude hit the nail on the head... i'm a 12yr old on xbox... you're an *****...
    02-10-09 12:21 PM
    When I first discovered this site, I was on it for several hours a day waiting for leaks, looking at tips, downloading vids, etc. I am not completely and utterly over it. Even when a new leak is posted, e.g. .100, I didnt download it until 3 days later. I now log in one every couple of days to check for updates.

Is it just me or are others getting ovre this whole fad?
    I keep reading these posts and just can't believe the level of tolerance people have for this terrible piece of equipment. I foolishly let the Verizon tech support talk me into keeping it beyond my return trial due date and holding out for the next great update which would miraculously fix all of the MANY shortcomings of this dumbphone. Well, if anything, what little functionality it had is now slowly degrading by the day. About every 3rd or 4th phone call simply can't be answered...buttons pushed: no response. It will no longer download links in emails, and only a few websites run with enough speed to surpass a Commodore 64. The accelerometer, as everyone knows, continues to suck. Battery life is dismal. I work 24 hour shifts and frequently the phone dies before I can return home to charge. The calendar app is quirky and not user friendly. Even the calculator is designed completely wrong...do the designers not even know how to create a typical calculator key layout?? Third party apps like Facebook don't work as they should. The camera and video camera have poor picture quality and are extremely difficult to activate. I could go on...

I tried and tried to be patient and hopeful for this phone to live up to its promise, but it simply has not. Now I'm stuck in a contract, desperately wishing I could go back to my old Treo.

So yes, I'm over the fad. Far, far over it.
    02-10-09 12:53 PM
    Im guessing that we'll get a OS patch eventually that will fix some of these issues. But even if that happens this month or next, its been too long. I heard rumours from VW in late december about a new great OS that was just about ready. They are obviously having trouble fixing the many issues that they have. And I disagree about being patient since its a complicated device. Imagine if MS released a new OS that crashed your laptop daily, hung up constantly, and barely functioned at other times. Would the public be patient while waiting for some eventual patch to fix it? I dont think so. This phone and OS was released about 6 months too soon, its as simple as that.
    02-10-09 01:06 PM
    As someone else previously stated, this is a place where people discuss issues and try to resolve them. I've been on all different types of forums enough to know this.

Am I over it? no, i still love my phone and come on this board to help others and learn more about the device in general.
    02-10-09 01:09 PM
    When I first discovered this site, I was on it for several hours a day waiting for leaks, looking at tips, downloading vids, etc. I am not completely and utterly over it. Even when a new leak is posted, e.g. .100, I didnt download it until 3 days later. I now log in one every couple of days to check for updates.

Reading this original post(which I did respond to) I thought it was posted in the wrong place, because it was a question about the CrackBerry site, and therefore not specific to the Storm or any other particular model of BB. But the further I go through the posts, I realize that it ends up going off-topic in many posts, and ends up as just another Storm-bashing thread in some cases. So I just wanted to say, there's plenty of threads where you can Storm bash. How about reading the original post, and answering the poster's question?
    02-10-09 01:22 PM
    Frankly I never knew that BB's had so many issues. In talking to other BB owners (not Storm) I discovered that they are all plagued with issues. Battery pulls are a common thing with all BB's.

I don't think I would have purchased a Storm had I known this.
    This will likely start an argument, but I am gonna say it anyway. I have been looking into the Bold's launch and from what users have said on here, the Bold's problems were nothing compared to the Storms. They had their fair share of bugs, but they were not in the same league as the Media card and VSOD freezes.
    02-10-09 01:41 PM
    This will likely start an argument, but I am gonna say it anyway. I have been looking into the Bold's launch and from what users have said on here, the Bold's problems were nothing compared to the Storms. They had their fair share of bugs, but they were not in the same league as the Media card and VSOD freezes.
    that's funny becuase as i was reading this I was working on one of my co-workers Bold and it ATT-SOD as well as give me the media card error on top of java.lang.exception errors.

I've been running .99 with NO issues. I haven't even done a batt pull in over 4 or 5 days and my app memory is right around 35mb.
    02-10-09 01:51 PM
    I am over the whole leak thing now that .99 has been extremely stable for me... even when .99 came out it was a good week or so before I went ahead and downloaded and installed. Now I will wait for verizon to release an official OS. Until then, I have found myself going onto other sections of these forums finding out about a bunch of useful tips/tricks/apps for my phone.
    02-10-09 03:16 PM
    I too am over the leaked downloads. I uploaded it up to .83 and then just got tired of it. I am waiting for the official update by Verizon.

I am more excited by the app store launching then anything else but would love the official update to come around soon. For now, I still check the website to see if any news apps are available or any word of the new official update is coming up soon.

I do like reading about the newest leaking os just to see what the differences are.
    02-10-09 03:23 PM

once .90 came out i stopped 'hovering' over CB waiting for leaks or info of leaks. i downloaded it a few days after it leaked, and the same with .99. honestly it was mostly b/c i got sick of the same tiresome routine on the forums:

1) people whine, someone leaks info
    2) someone harasses the person giving info, person 'in the know' stops posting
    3) update leaks a little later, inc. spam of 'omg downloading now.. ', despite mods or whomever saying 'post your findings, dont just post 'downloading now', people do by the hundreds.
    4) people eventually start posting bugs, then the rants come. omg verizon, rim you failed, this unofficial leak is horrible! i have rights, i want money, lets sue the man!
    5) cycle repeats itself, with intermittent posts by the ignorant or absent minded folk ressurecting a month old post or complaining about something everyone else has had a fix to since day 2. fortunately sith seems to have done a decent job distracting people with his hybrid OS build. kudos for that. if my phone didnt work so well with .99, i'd actually consider trying it out.

after loading .99, ive had zero troubles with the phone, thus its not sitting in my pocket as a constant reminder that 'oh gotta check CB to see if they finally fixed bug_x and/or glitch_y.
    02-10-09 03:39 PM
    Frankly I never knew that BB's had so many issues. In talking to other BB owners (not Storm) I discovered that they are all plagued with issues. Battery pulls are a common thing with all BB's.

I don't think I would have purchased a Storm had I known this.
    actually its part of any advanced computing platform. you can't leave your PC on for days and running multiple apps constantly. you need to reboot/restart. the battery pull is commonplace for smartphones. its way worse with winmo and palm OS devices. blackberry is the most stable and most reliable IMHO. this is coming from someone who supported all 3 devices at tech suport. i heard daily about winmo and palm and berries, but the berries are the lesser problem of the 3.
    02-10-09 09:16 PM
    Thats very true, but at least the iPhone is an extremely smooth and reliable phone with good hardware and software (this is coming from an anti iPhone person). From all reports, it didnt take all that long to get it to the stage where its at now.

After 3 months, the Storm still has the same issues as it did on the day of its release. The UI is still clunky and laggy. The browsing is slow. Constant problems with the media player. Constant problems with the click screen and several more factors which everyone here is familiar with.

I am a massive BB fan, but this experience has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    i've used the storm since a month after it launched, and ive been using blackberries for over a year. been troubleshooting smart phones for way longer than that. the storm issues are not widespread, they are very case by case, and there is no rhyme nor reason to why the problems are there. my storm has been step by step improving since i got it, and will continue to do so forever.
    for ev er
    for ev er
    for ev er
    who doesn't love a "sandlot" reference?
    02-10-09 09:21 PM
    *Downloading .100 Leak*... what was the question again?
    02-10-09 11:16 PM
    i've used the storm since a month after it launched, and ive been using blackberries for over a year. been troubleshooting smart phones for way longer than that. the storm issues are not widespread, they are very case by case, and there is no rhyme nor reason to why the problems are there. my storm has been step by step improving since i got it, and will continue to do so forever.
    for ev er
    for ev er
    for ev er
    who doesn't love a "sandlot" reference?
    That in itself brings the build quality of the phone into question. Is there a reason why some phones out perform others? When things are mass produced there is an expectancy that they will all perform the same and to an acceptable standard. This hasnt happened with the Storm.

If I didnt purchase the phone outright, then I would have returned it without question. In all honesty, I have never been so dissapointed with the purchase of a new computing or any other device in my life.

Anyhow, to bring it back on topic, are people still refresing this site 5 times a minute checking for leak updates? I tend to find myself in the apps or tips and tricks more often now.
    02-11-09 05:43 AM
    I am kind of over it too, I never downloaded a beta OS but always read the threads to see the pros and cons, now I don't post as much or spend as much time here. I usually come to see if any new apps are out.

Time is also an issue for me though. I have the final year of my degree to complete plus a job plus a social life.
    02-11-09 08:32 AM
    Wek=ll i guess when you are hard core with it it is hard o be OVER the crackberry thing. I hop in at least once a day, sometimes more. So no, not over it
    02-11-09 08:34 AM
    Time is also an issue for me though. I have the final year of my degree to complete plus a job plus a social life.
    Bah! Who cares about that stuff when you can surf a forum for an entire day waiting for a new OS to leak.
    02-11-09 08:57 AM

I'm over it. I am sticking with official o.s. releases only. Im tired of the placebo effect people get thinking there is nothing wrong with my LEAKED OS (when in reality there is).
    02-11-09 08:57 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD