When I first discovered this site, I was on it for several hours a day waiting for leaks, looking at tips, downloading vids, etc. I am not completely and utterly over it. Even when a new leak is posted, e.g. .100, I didnt download it until 3 days later. I now log in one every couple of days to check for updates.

Is it just me or are others getting ovre this whole fad?
    02-10-09 09:29 AM
    ...is that everyone has a lot more time for this stuff!
    02-10-09 09:37 AM
    Frankly I never knew that BB's had so many issues. In talking to other BB owners (not Storm) I discovered that they are all plagued with issues. Battery pulls are a common thing with all BB's.

I don't think I would have purchased a Storm had I known this.
    02-10-09 09:38 AM
    I am over it. In my case each OS leak/patch just solved 1 problem and created another, so I stopped upgrading, and stopped logging each day to see what was new.

And I think that while the I like the Storm, it hasnt lived up to the hype, its too slow, the built in apps like the calendar are just weak, and there are not enough 3rd party apps. Ill keep it for awhile but the honeymoon is definitely over for me. Im now looking forward to what Microsoft and Palm will do this year, again hoping for the perfect phone/pda to get excited about.
    02-10-09 09:39 AM
    When I first discovered this site, I was on it for several hours a day waiting for leaks, looking at tips, downloading vids, etc. I am not completely and utterly over it. Even when a new leak is posted, e.g. .100, I didnt download it until 3 days later. I now log in one every couple of days to check for updates.

It's just you. I am still way into the whole leak thing.

And now we are seeing some amazing 3rd party applications.

Wait for the AppStore to come out and we have some great stuff to look forward to.
    02-10-09 09:42 AM
    I am also still way into the leak thing. Even tho I am still quite new I was very happy with the .99 release since it did wonders for me. Still not perfect but A LOT better from the original. So I'm checking back here always for new apps and another Leaked OS!

Thank you Crackberry.com!
    02-10-09 09:46 AM
    Never did one battery pull on my last BB...
    02-10-09 09:46 AM
    I'm over the leaking OS downloads, but I'm still into trying out new 3rd party applications and finding new tips and tricks to make my phone better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by LadyBug1383; 02-10-09 at 12:11 PM.
    02-10-09 09:47 AM
    I keep hearing great things about .99 and that makes me want to get INTO "the whole (leak) thing", but I am one of the few people for whom .75 runs very well. My only problems are occasional accelerometer lag (very rarely other screen glitches like snowy screen) and device error while using BB Messenger. For some people these would be huge problems, but for me they're not, so I feel like "if it ain't broke...", and continue to wait for the next official release.

But I keep hearing such good things about .99! *whines*

In any case, my honeymoon with my BB definitely isn't over. This is my first BB and I am now a RIM convert for life. My Storm never leaves my side, and I'm one of the people who still believe in its potential and look forward to the official OS update.
    02-10-09 09:51 AM
    I think its just like everything erlse, you get excited about something and than there is a dropoff. Sorta like buying a new car, you love drivign it around for the first couple of months but it loses a certain emotional value after a period of time.

I'm with ladybug, I like to download new apps to try out. The Storm is fun that way. I hated my WinMo device because I had to physically install the .cab file for 3rd party apps through my computer. This OTA thing is great!
    02-10-09 09:52 AM
    The only bad thing about hanging out to long is everything starts to repeat over and over again.
    02-10-09 09:53 AM

I'm definitely NOT over it. I am a Storm owner(a happy one), and I am still running the Official OS, so I'm not here for OS updates. I come here to find out about all sorts of things. Software updates, new devices, rants and raves (about ALL different types of BB). I visit the store every now and then, although I haven't purchased anything. I like to see what's out there. I also like the community here. If you read these forums enough, there's alot to laugh about, and alot to learn, and even sometimes there's advice that I can offer to other users. Nope, I don't know if it's JUST YOU, but it's DEFINITELY NOT ME!!!!
    02-10-09 09:58 AM

I think you came into Crackberry.com with the preconceived notion that all of your problems would be solved. You start reading about the leaked upgrades and then installed them. Then, you found out that they just didn't fix what you expected them to fix. Now, you're frustrated. It's a natural reaction.

I joined to read about what's going on with the Storm. I learned a lot reading about the leaked upgrades, but I don't have any desire to install them. I'll wait for Verizon to release them. **** might freeze over before then next one. In the meantime, I'll continue to read and learn.

Good luck!
    02-10-09 10:01 AM
    I'm not quite over it. I am looking forward to an OS release that is quick and bug free. I'd rather get excited about new programs than about a fix for a feature that was supposed to work in the first place. I wasted 4-5 hours recently trying to get mass storage enabled (still haven't gotten it to work). Oh well, I am using a beta OS (.99) and frankly I'll live with uncached Slacker rather than go back to the slow 'official' OS. But really, the phone has only been out for a few months now and people are quick to forget that most new phones now days have had bugs...though the Storm brings that to a whole new level.

I wasn't aware that the other BBs were bug ridden unless you were screwing around with it (beta OS, etc). My understanding is that the other BBs are fairly stable...I may be wrong though.
    02-10-09 10:20 AM
    Frankly I never knew that BB's had so many issues. In talking to other BB owners (not Storm) I discovered that they are all plagued with issues. Battery pulls are a common thing with all BB's.

I don't think I would have purchased a Storm had I known this.

The thing is... and maybe you arent aware of this but...read this and apply it to everything... THE INTERNET IS FULL OF COMPLAINERS. There is an exception to this rule, its apple users... but there are many apple users who complain too.

My 8830 on verizon NEVER EVER EVER had issues, i did maybe like 3 battery pulls in 18 months. Electronics...are not flawless... and you will find people complaining no matter what product it is.

These forums are to complain... dont get me wrong...some of the complaints are legit, but the point is... lots of people love their storm and dont use crackberry... and lots of people love/hate their storm and do... but you only notice the complainers

If you talk to people who use WinMo then you'll truly know what a headache a smartphone can be... and honestly the iphone is an awesome toy..which has become stable as of 2 years of firmware updates and as of yet not a smartphone(it lacks the productivity requirements of a smartphone).
    Last edited by thebigpants27; 02-10-09 at 10:30 AM.
    02-10-09 10:26 AM
    no device, as complicated as the Storm, is without its quirks and bugs on the first run. not even the almighty iPhone. It happens with Apple, Microsoft and every other complicated electronic device. So to say that all BB's are bug ridden is being very narrow sighted and ignoring every problem every other device has...
    02-10-09 10:29 AM
    Over it... how do i delete my crackberry account?
    02-10-09 10:29 AM
    The thing is... and maybe you arent aware of this but...read this and apply it to everything... THE INTERNET IS FULL OF COMPLAINERS. There is an exception to this rule, its apple users... but there are many apple users who complain too.

My 8830 on verizon NEVER EVER EVER had issues, i did maybe like 3 battery pulls in 18 months. Electronics...are not flawless... and you will find people complaining no matter what product it is.

These forums are to complain... dont get me wrong...some of the complaints are legit, but the point is... lots of people love their storm and dont use crackberry... and lots of people love/hate their storm and do... but you only notice the complainers
    Probably true. My brother has an iPhone and it is snappier, and has a ton of apps, but I like the click screen on the Storm, and I like Verizon. If RIM can solve some of the bugs and sluggishness, and get the app store up and running, this phone could compete with the Apple. But they have a lot of work to do, & releasing this phone before it was ready really hurt its rep IMO.
    02-10-09 10:31 AM
    Delete your crackberry account? Just stop visiting...
    02-10-09 10:32 AM
    I'm still checking several times a day, reading about how the leaks are working or what probs are present, etc. Staying with official OSs. Altho I am too chicken to try a leaked upgrade, I like seeing the progress that's being made with the leaked OSs. I continue to pick up little tricks or learn of new things and how to better use the phone.
    02-10-09 10:44 AM
    I'm not"over it" but i am hapy to see that things are starting heading toward the voulme of posts PRIOR to the storm Launch.

It gives me a chance to stick my head out of the storm forms and into the other BB forms.

I am satisfied enough with .99 that I no longer CRAVE the next leaked OS though.
    02-10-09 11:32 AM
    aaronwh98
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Dec 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete your crackberry account? Just stop visiting...

Ok smartass... I keep getting random emails from CB, so I would rather just delete the ******* account.
    02-10-09 11:34 AM
    And some f-a-g mod PM'd me and asked me not to post *****. I only did it to break the gayass rule of 10 posts in order to do certain forum things. TEN posts... are you ******* kidding me
    02-10-09 11:36 AM
    It comes in waves for me...but the waves are getting less frequent
    02-10-09 11:39 AM
    And some f-a-g mod PM'd me and asked me not to post *****. I only did it to break the gayass rule of 10 posts in order to do certain forum things. TEN posts... are you ******* kidding me
    Dude, every website on the internet sends useless emails...try unchecking the option in your settings. You obviously are choosing to get banned by swearing and acting like a 12 year old on xbox live instead of just deleting yoru account. No one wants to deal with your immature idiotic behavior, go play call of duty and p0wn some n00bz and get off the forums
    02-10-09 12:01 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD