I was there the morning the Storm came out...waited 2 hours only to be rewarded with the promise of overnight delivery of the phone, which arrived 4 days later.....after I was told that there were 12,000 in the warehouse ( on a HUGE rollout like that....why arent there more than 10 in each store?)

Phone#1 - SLOW!!!!! and would sometimes freeze in landspace. screen would freeze up... and yes, this was after the upgrade. I called to complain and they sent me a new phone....they swore it would be brand new, but there were wear marks in the battery compartment and the screen has small scratches.

Phone#2 - screen scratches aside....still a bit slow changing from landscape to portrait but a bit better. Here's the problem....twice now while using an earpiece (mandatory in CA) the phone has completely frozen on me. I took the battery out for a few minutes and rebooted....Tried to record a video of my child (didn't have my video camera)....was very excited to have captured the moment....only to be told that it could not be saved because the format is not supported!!!!! What the Hell??!!!! The phone recorded it...it should support its own format!!!!

I am SSOOOOOOO DONE!!!! I just don't know if Verizon will let me out of this joke of a contract.....the I pay you and I get CRAP contract.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    02-25-09 09:39 PM
    I understand your frustration. Many storm users like yourself feel the same way. A simple search and you would have found those threads. But since you already posted I'll give my opinion. Maybe you should just return it for full refund if your still in your 30 day window. If not then maybe return it for a curve? Good luck!
    02-25-09 09:44 PM
    I had to re-read this before reply. At 1st I thought you wanted to be rid of the phone; but you want out of your contract. That would be based upon how long you've been a customer. If it's recent, then I dont see you having a problem- then again, I dont work for Verizon.

If the phone is just a ploy to get out, it may not work for you without paying the ETF. Based on what you're saying, it would appear that you're using the phone to build your case.
    02-25-09 09:44 PM
    I am with you on all your negative feelings on the Storm...I really expected a much better product after all the hype. I understand that the curve was not perfect in the beginning either but it seems to me that there were a few too many empty promises on this one...
    02-25-09 09:47 PM
    I have been with Verizon for MANY years.....and have actually loved them...great coverage.

I could try the Curve. I have also thought about the Dare. I do have to say the the ONLY reason I stayed with with Verizon to renew the contract was this phone....and their exclusive contract. Given the chance after the disappointmnet, I am going to ATT for the iPhone.
    02-25-09 09:53 PM
    I'm curious to know how many early adopters who are disappointed with the Strom find themselves in the same situation with other devices and just wont learn their lesson.
    02-25-09 09:59 PM
    I have been with Verizon for MANY years.....and have actually loved them...great coverage.

I could try the Curve. I have also thought about the Dare. I do have to say the the ONLY reason I stayed with with Verizon to renew the contract was this phone....and their exclusive contract. Given the chance after the disappointmnet, I am going to ATT for the iPhone.
    the curve is a good device, but if you want a great touchscreen phone the dare is and awesome phone, I had it prior to my storm and loved it to death, only problem was I couldn't get my company email to sync with it, so I got the storm just after it released... I too was a bit disappoited ewith the storm at first, but after updating it, and taking a leap of faith by upgrading to the new beta .109, the storm is slowly but surely winning my affection...
    02-25-09 10:05 PM
    I had tons of friends tell me not to buy a first generation phone....it'll be crap! I chose to believe the hype that this phone was the best thing since sliced bread and the iPhone killer. Shame on me!

Not sure whether to try the Curve (I have heard good things about it) or go tot the LG Dare. I feel that LG makes an awesome phone!!!
    02-25-09 10:07 PM
    I am with you on all your negative feelings on the Storm...I really expected a much better product after all the hype. I understand that the curve was not perfect in the beginning either but it seems to me that there were a few too many empty promises on this one...
    Go ahead and elaborate on the empty promises please.
    02-25-09 10:45 PM
    one thing to understand about high-tech phones is that they are ALWAYS released before their time. the companies (both manufacture and carrier) hype up the phones so much that they pretty much HAVE to release the phones early to appease customers so they dont loose them. it is a catch-22: release and listen to complaints or dont release and watch those customers go to other carriers/makers. it is also a BIG money maker. look t the IPhone - the 1st gen was out what? 4 months? before the 3g came out, and AT A LOWER PRICE!!

you are always going to have software/hardware problems with the brand new phones. if you are an techy kind of person you can usually handle it and live with in until the fix comes out. the storm has been out less than 3 months and they have already fixed most of the problems. had they just waited 5-6 more months they probably would have had the best dam phone out there. (NMO)

if you cant deal with 1st gen hardware/software problems - dont get the BRAND-SPANKIN' NEW phone. live with not having the best-ist for a few months, let the manufactures get all the kinks and bugs worked out and THEN jump on the band wagon. it will be a lot cheaper and easier on your stress level in the long run.

/rant over
    Last edited by chelseytx; 02-25-09 at 11:06 PM.
    02-25-09 10:47 PM
    The original iPhone was out for a year before the 3G came out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:01 AM
    Anyone who is HUGELY disappointed should have returned it during the return window. Those who didn't have only themselves to blame. Anyone who actually expected the physical device to be as good as the commercial, is very naive.
    02-26-09 01:23 AM
    Sometimes a bit frustrated or annoyed, but hugely disappointed? Heck no.
    02-26-09 01:24 AM
    I smell a troll.

Screen scratches? It's been proven how hard it is to scratch this screen.

Not new? If it's within 30 day's, you ALWAYS get a new one. It's policy.

You were there the day is came out, November of last year? Yet your now complaining? I also have yet to hear about any complaints regarding the saving of videos. I may be wrong on that, but the only problems I saw were with saving pictures and that was on beta OS's.

You won't get out of the contract without paying an early termination fee. You had 30 day's which is usually made extremely clear when you sign up. If I was still a customer service rep, no way would I let you out of your contract. Perhaps i'd offer a replacement phone, it would be refurbished.

Talk to a customer service rep like that and you won't get anywhere.
    Last edited by Ravr; 02-26-09 at 04:16 AM.
    02-26-09 04:11 AM
    I smell a troll.

Screen scratches? It's been proven how hard it is to scratch this screen.

Not new? If it's within 30 day's, you ALWAYS get a new one. It's policy.

You were there the day is came out, November of last year? Yet your now complaining? I also have yet to hear about any complaints regarding the saving of videos. I may be wrong on that, but the only problems I saw were with saving pictures and that was on beta OS's.

You won't get out of the contract without paying an early termination fee. You had 30 day's which is usually made extremely clear when you sign up. If I was still a customer service rep, no way would I let you out of your contract. Perhaps i'd offer a replacement phone, it would be refurbished.

Talk to a customer service rep like that and you won't get anywhere.
    There was an issue with recording video for some people as early as .75. Seems to be resolved for everyone in the leak OSs prolly around the .99 leak.

Using the camcorder for about 2-5 minutes would lock up the phone. Attempting to save before the lock generated a file that couldn't be read. I tested it on mine when the reports were out there (I don't use the camcorder much) and wasn't able to repeat it (recorded 15 minutes of video and played back fine)
    02-26-09 04:26 AM
    No. Not one other person is disapointed. Not one.
    02-26-09 07:56 AM
    Not me. I personally have had none of those problems. Had a few lockups, but in general I love my Storm.

I'm not shilling here for Verizon, just honestly had very few problems.
    02-26-09 08:07 AM
    Seems to be a lot of I hate my storm threads. Why don't we have a sticky so everyone can just post in one thread and they all can talk about the hatred.

I have had a launch Storm and I have had none of these issues. Not saying they aren't valid complaints. I could only imagine if these people paid the what....$600 on the launch Iphone. At least it was only a $200 device.
    02-26-09 08:44 AM
    Anyone who is HUGELY disappointed should have returned it during the return window. Those who didn't have only themselves to blame. Anyone who actually expected the physical device to be as good as the commercial, is very naive.
    Simple answer, some people need to use Verizon through their work. The WinMo devices are OK but I preferred my BB 8703, since it is no longer 2002, the 8703 is outdated and I could use a lot more functionality. The Storm is Verizons flagship BB, and it is a piece of junk.

The iPhone is just as good in real life as it is on the commercial, LOL, I guess my standards are just too high.
    02-26-09 10:13 AM
    Simple answer, some people need to use Verizon through their work. The WinMo devices are OK but I preferred my BB 8703, since it is no longer 2002, the 8703 is outdated and I could use a lot more functionality. The Storm is Verizons flagship BB, and it is a piece of junk.

The iPhone is just as good in real life as it is on the commercial, LOL, I guess my standards are just too high.
    Sorry, the iPhone has its issues too. I see one everyday in my gf's hands and her frustrations with it when it comes to making phone calls. I've almost got her to the point of accepting a iPod Touch and anything AT&T sells for phone communications (locked into her contract for another year).
    02-26-09 10:22 AM
    Disappointed?????? Hardly, The best phone I ever had. Got to remember its a phone, not a laptop. Software gets better and better with each Beta. Dont want to do Beta? Well someday a killer version will pop up on your screen and you'll be pleasantly suprised ... I love it.
    02-26-09 10:39 AM
    Disappointed?????? Hardly, The best phone I ever had. Got to remember its a phone, not a laptop. Software gets better and better with each Beta. Dont want to do Beta? Well someday a killer version will pop up on your screen and you'll be pleasantly suprised ... I love it.
    Is this the laptop you are comparing it to?

02-26-09 10:44 AM
    Well having repaired those types in the 80s, no. program disk and a data disk. No hard drive but 128 bytes of ram. That was an old 8088 processor I believe ... been so long. Were you born then? Probably not or you would appreciate where technology has gone.
    02-26-09 12:19 PM
    Is this the laptop you are comparing it to?

It's a dichotomy, not a comparison.

A comparison would be taking a Yugo and a Geo and seeing which one would break down first. Coincidentally, both are questionable, but the Geo would JUUSSST eek out. So while that would not be a good comparison, it is nonetheless.
    02-26-09 12:32 PM

To be fair, the Storm isn't the only BB on Verizon. There's nothing you can do on a Storm that you can't do on a Curve or 8830.
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD