I've been running .99 since it came out and it's running great for me with one small exception. My screen lock is worse than it was on .75 - it'll only lock by itself like 2 out of 10 times at best.

When I hit the lock button (in portrait or landscape mode both) the menu icons will start to fade, but then stop half faded and the screen won't finish dimming. I have to click the screen to get it to finally fade away the icons and then dim.

Is anyone else having this much of a problem with this in .99?
    02-04-09 03:34 PM
    The same thing happens to me, though its not a huge problem imho. All I have to do is tap the screen after I hit lock. Don't see what the huge deal is, lol. Its not that much of a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 03:38 PM
    Yes. It's my biggest gripe about .99. You press to lock and sometimes it locks, other times it doesn't, and other times it slowly lock/unlocks and you end up having to hit it again to lock/unlock it. Confuses the **** out of me. Also the typing in Suretype seems slow and I keep getting the load clock show up here or there when it shouldn't which pauses things even more.
    02-04-09 04:29 PM
    Go to Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning

If your memory cleaner is enabled, disable it, that's your problem. I had the same problem in .85. It's not .99 specific. Overall, it lags the system terribly.

I never understand how ppl can say "it's not a huge deal" when your phone is malfunctioning. Why comment at all? It IS a big deal. The crap is annoying.
    02-04-09 07:38 PM
    Its a BETA. If it was an official release I would understand, but since none of us should have this in the first place, how can u complain about it? That makes no sense. If its such a big deal, then stay on an official release. I've beta tested for various companies and devs for years. I don't get people who complain over what they shouldn't have. Is this a glitch? Yes. Does it need to be fixed? Yes. If this is your biggest gripe with a BETA release, then you shouldn't be beta testing. In comparison to what others are dealing with, this is nothing. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but its annoying to hear complaints about something none of us should have.

02-04-09 07:55 PM
    Its a BETA. If it was an official release I would understand, but since none of us should have this in the first place, how can u complain about it? That makes no sense. If its such a big deal, then stay on an official release. I've beta tested for various companies and devs for years. I don't get people who complain over what they shouldn't have. Is this a glitch? Yes. Does it need to be fixed? Yes. If this is your biggest gripe with a BETA release, then you shouldn't be beta testing. In comparison to what others are dealing with, this is nothing. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude, but its annoying to hear complaints about something none of us should have.

you ARE coming off rude because he simply asked if it was happening to anyone else.
    02-04-09 08:52 PM
    He is asking if anyone else is having "this much of a problem" .. which has been discussed in the Official Findings thread. See it as rude if you may, but there is a reason why Kevin created a thread for people to post their findings and quirks. If something as minor is a big problem in an OS that you shouldn't have, then don't install it. I understand he's asking a question, but we have an official thread to post findings.

It's a big thread, I understand, but it's best to read through first than to constantly create new threads. Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but all these threads do is clutter the forums.
    02-04-09 08:57 PM
    My screen just locks up period. I have to do a battery pull.
    02-04-09 09:01 PM
    Go to Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning

If your memory cleaner is enabled, disable it, that's your problem. I had the same problem in .85. It's not .99 specific. Overall, it lags the system terribly.

I never understand how ppl can say "it's not a huge deal" when your phone is malfunctioning. Why comment at all? It IS a big deal. The crap is annoying.
    Works well. Didn't even have to battery pull and it worked off bat after disable. Excellect.

+100.
    02-04-09 09:54 PM

First off, Ms/Mr beta tester, his problem had NOTHING to do w/ the BETA version he was on. I had this same problem in previous OS including the official .75 release. You're popping off about beta this and beat that when that's not even the problem! Just b/c you're running beta doesn't mean you shouldn't look for a solution. The whole point in complaining about a prob is to get help. Many issues, regardless of whether you're on beta or not, can be remedied w/ simple tweaking. I gave him a simple tweak, it's fixed, his phone is slightly less frustrating now.

Back to my original statement, if you can't be helpful, then why comment at all? Tellin someone "it's not a big deal" is not helping.
    02-05-09 10:40 AM
    I was having huge problems with the lock/unlock stuff too. When i press the lock button to lock the phone, it just shows the normal screen and wouldn't refresh until i hit a button. It happened in .75 for me as well. I didn't see this was that big of a problem because the phone is locked anyways, you just don't see it.

My biggest grip with .90 is the unlocking. When I click the unlock button, sometimes it would register, sometimes it won't. Other times, if I click the screen, it would just say the "press the unlock button to unlock" message, other times it would wouldn't do anything, half the time, it would show the "unlock, emergency call, cancel" buttons. I don't mind that the functionality changes, it's just that the inconsistency with how it works that's really annoying.

edit: i have memory cleaning on and will turn it off to see if it improves.
    02-10-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD