04-30-10 12:07 AM
36 12
tools
    Ok but its not as generic as bbm not working so instead of making a wicked long or misleading title I did it MY way. If people don't wanna read it then don't. Jeez this is crackberry u guys need to chill out a lil bit. The way everyone patronizes eachother makes people not even want to post a question/problem/response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mkelley111; 04-14-10 at 01:59 PM.
    04-14-10 01:54 PM
    Ok but its not as generic as bbm not working so instead of making a wicked long or misleading title I did it MY way. If people don't wanna read it then don't. Jeez this is crackberry u guys need to chill out a lil bit. The way everyone patronizes eachother makes people not even want to post a question/problem/response.

Exactly, this happen to me once before when I asked a simple question and ten or more people jumped on me for not looking through other threads. I mean where has the hospitality gone???
    04-14-10 05:45 PM
    Ahhh thank you! Someone who understands!!

Exactly, this happen to me once before when I asked a simple question and ten or more people jumped on me for not looking through other threads. I mean where has the hospitality gone???
    04-14-10 05:52 PM
    One could argue that it is "inhospitable" to ask a question that has already been asked 1,000 times before and is located in multiple threads throughout the website. When someone does try and do a search for an issue, there are so many responses that it becomes difficult to weed through them all to find what it is, specifically, that you're trying to address. Many people (not naming any names here), find it easier to simply start a new thread, say something ineffective like "I did a search, but couldn't find it" (I've learned to never believe those). At least the OP here was relatively honest by saying "I don't have time for looking for this" which, to me, is the same thing as saying "I'm too busy/important to exercise a little bit of responsibility and searching out my answer, so I'll just re-ask the question and you that know, take the time to re-type everything that you've already typed once, twice, three times or more, once again." That's what irks people and generates the responses that some, including me, post here. If people can't take some time to fix things for themselves, or at least TRY, why should people enable laziness and reach out to help them? So, when you see a response like "do a search" it's from people that are trying to educate folks on the proper way to utilize a forum.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone calls me (usually family) to ask for help on their computers. My first response usually is "Did you click on the "Help" link at the top of the screen?" The response is often "no, it was easier to just call you." arrrrrgggghhhhh. People generally like to be helpful, but only when the request indicates that the person has made every effort to help themselves, first.
    04-14-10 08:37 PM
    Ok so if this question has been answered 1000 times y not just answer it? Cuz honestly I've been through the other threads after being bashed by you since yesterday and I have yet to find an answer. I see there's a common bbm keyboard issue but haven't come across anything like mine yet. And for u to infer I am lazy is just plain rude of u. U DO NOT know me and maybe your life is just that bad that u hawk around the crackberry forums and try to belittle people but that's ur problem not mine. So either answer my question or stay out of my thread if it bothers u so much. I'm done. Ok. U got ur point across Mr all high and mighty. Again, this is crackberry...relax..

04-14-10 10:44 PM
    mkelley, I am not trying to harass you or make life difficult for you. Yes, I had a sarcastic post, and I've explained my reasoning for that. I'm finished with it. Had you had the time to read your own thread, you would have seen where I posted, again and very politely, that I'm not sure there is an answer to your issue. I will elaborate on that by saying, I'm not having that particular issue, so I'm not out tearing up the trail trying to find an answer. But, since I do read most of the .607 threads, I run across most of the issues and I've not seen the answer to yours. I've NEVER said it's been "answered 1,000 times" I said the issue has been addressed 1,000 times. Believe me, after all of this, I would have, by now, given you an answer if I had one. My initial involvement was only to promote new users to use search and, I also agreed with someone else who was suggesting that your thread title might have given you better results had the title itself been more clear. You have refused to acknowledge that, instead saying "I did it my way." (I almost heard a "neener, neener, neener" after that). Fine, you have done it your way, so how's your way working for you?

I will end with one more bit of advice, you can elect to accept or reject it and continue with "your way." Call VZW tech support. If they don't have an answer, ask to be transferred to RIM Tech support directly (you cannot call them yourself without paying a support fee, but VZW can transfer you on their dime) and see if they have a solution.

By the way, I'm very relaxed, I do not take this place all that seriously, it's for information, but there are right and wrong ways to get the information. 'nuff said.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-14-10 at 11:35 PM.
    04-14-10 11:31 PM
    K well but first off had u read my thread u would know its not just a 607 issue and second u would have known I'm not a new user. Just because I don't have 2564238 posts doesn't mean anything. I have used this site for answers for quite sometime before I joined. So I'm well aware of how to search the forums for answers. So in the future do not assume someone needs "teaching". Ur intentions may have been genuine according to u but to me they seemed a bit patronizing and if I were a new user and hadn't seen this exact same situation play out 1000times I prob wouldn't wanna come to this site for help. I appreciate ur honesty in trying to explain ur reasoning, however next time if u don't have an answer maybe u should just leave it alone so the next person doesn't feel badgered. I'm a big girl n can defend myself but not everyone can. tks for ur suggestion on tech support however I tried them already n went through all the troubleshooting n still do not have an answer thus the reason I turned to crackberry. I am actually quite savy when it comes to my BB so don't think for one second I found a problem and immediately posted it here just because my join date n post count suggests I'm a "newbie".

04-15-10 10:19 AM
    And they wonder why the world is against them.

But don't change a thing, cause it's not you, it's everyone else.
    04-15-10 10:54 AM
    I'm going to leave this thread, but before I do, one final suggestion. I used to have a Storm 1. For one full year, it worked perfectly. Suddenly, I experienced an issue where the dialpad for the phone pulled up, but it would not work. I could not dial a number. Multiple battery pulls resulted in nothing. Finally, I called VZW. They failed to help so they again, transferred me to RIM. RIM couldn't do anything so they offered a replacement unit. I accepted and the day the new unit arrived, I was preparing my old unit to ship back. I did a factory wipe. When finished and the phone rebooted, just for the heck of it, I tried the dialpad again. Voila! Worked perfectly. I have no idea what went wrong, as I put the same apps/themes back on the new one and never experienced that problem again. It's a hassle, setting a phone back up again, but from what I've been able to gather in your posts, that seems like a reasonable measure to take. Be sure to do a backup first, including 3rd party backups. Good luck.
    04-15-10 07:52 PM
    i cannot believe the ego's that people have. I was always told, if you have a question to speak up! mkelley111 i believe you did your research, and had no answers. so you came to crackberry to get answers, and why not? thats what this forum is set up for, HELP. energysucker, if you did not want to answer her question bc it had been posted before, then you should have moved on. there was no reason for badgering mkelley. dont act superior to people, your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like an arrogent ***hole. you need to get over yourself and "intelligence" because one day, you might need someone to help you, and they may not be so quick to lend you a hand. treat people how you would want to be treated.
    04-29-10 10:55 PM
    LOL..this is absolutely hilarious. You dredge up an old thread just to jump my case? And "Energysucker" ?? Please...that is not even worth addressing. Names like that bring me back to kindergarten.

You say you believe she "did her research" so you obviously didn't even read her first post where she said she didn't have time to research.

Look, I made amends with mkelley (as you would have seen had you bothered to read the posts) and offered some possible solutions. I will refrain from lowering myself to your level by making some silly name up from your screen name, so, have a nice day

i cannot believe the ego's that people have. I was always told, if you have a question to speak up! mkelley111 i believe you did your research, and had no answers. so you came to crackberry to get answers, and why not? thats what this forum is set up for, HELP. energysucker, if you did not want to answer her question bc it had been posted before, then you should have moved on. there was no reason for badgering mkelley. dont act superior to people, your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like an arrogent ***hole. you need to get over yourself and "intelligence" because one day, you might need someone to help you, and they may not be so quick to lend you a hand. treat people how you would want to be treated.
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-30-10 at 12:09 AM.
    04-30-10 12:07 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD