while surepress was one of the main reasons i decided on buying the S2, i have noticed that i have "good" and "bad" days while trying to type on it. i can type quickly and accurately about 90% of the time, but around once every two weeks i have a day where i simply can NOT hit the keys i am aiming for. lately i have found myself wondering if it has something to do with how long i go between reboots or the current battery level on the phone. although, it's probably just me.

anyone else experiencing this??
    06-22-10 03:13 PM
    Normally I have to touch slightly above the item I want to select.
    I have noticed with 713 that now from time to time it actually lines up perfectly instead of getting further out of whack like with previous OS's. Overall its not that big of deal to me.

I agree it must be something to do with battery, memory or the processor doing something in the background when your typing.
    06-22-10 03:43 PM
    I know what you mean, I just wish I had a 90% hit rate...

I believe that it is due to the fact that we can not feel the keys which would allow the thumbs to automatically align themselves. So instead they drift and all of sudden they will hit the key next to it instead.

I have only had the Storm for 3 weeks and I fell improvement all the time, every now and again I exerience those set backs....

I have started to try and align the thumbs by resting them on the letters D and K before starting to type. That is at least leading to some improvement in my case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 03:52 PM
    I used .713 for a while but was unable to find a multilanguage which I absolutely need. But for the time I had it I actually noticed the same thing. That it seemed as if my typing had all of the sudden improved. Had to go back to .669 though....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 03:58 PM
    I know what you mean, I just wish I had a 90% hit rate...

I believe that it is due to the fact that we can not feel the keys which would allow the thumbs to automatically align themselves.
    I believe it's due to the fact that surepress is a gimmick, nothing more!
    06-22-10 03:59 PM
    I believe it's due to the fact that surepress is a gimmick, nothing more!
    I believe you're confusing gimmick with feature.
    Wouldn't really call the Droid's slide-out keyboard a gimmick?

RIM has taken an input style and adapted it in a way that has never been done before. Just because it wasn't for you doesn't take away from the achievement.

Assuming RIM keeps surepress alive I'll most likely never go back to a regular touch device.
    06-22-10 04:23 PM
    I just switched to the 9550 from the 9530 and i really dislike the surepress on the S2. its inconsistent at best for me.

im one of the few who really digs surepress too...but not liking the S2 screen. my S1 was perfect. if they both had the same amount of app memory...id go back to my S1
    06-22-10 05:00 PM
    I believe you're confusing gimmick with feature.
    Wouldn't really call the Droid's slide-out keyboard a gimmick?

RIM has taken an input style and adapted it in a way that has never been done before. Just because it wasn't for you doesn't take away from the achievement.

Assuming RIM keeps surepress alive I'll most likely never go back to a regular touch device.
    Nicely put. SurePress is an excellent innovation in the way we input information in touch devices. It is way up there with Swype.

It is no gimmick. Just because you don't like does not make it one.
    06-22-10 05:04 PM
    If you dig SurePress then you're in the majority as far as I can tell.

I just switched to the 9550 from the 9530 and i really dislike the surepress on the S2. its inconsistent at best for me.

im one of the few who really digs surepress too...but not liking the S2 screen. my S1 was perfect. if they both had the same amount of app memory...id go back to my S1
    06-22-10 05:28 PM
    As for the thread subject itself, SurePress works great - hasn't failed me yet. Knock on wood.
    06-22-10 05:32 PM
    I like the surepress. The tactile feed back makes it far more accurate when texting and emailing for me. Rarely have any problems with it.
    06-22-10 06:28 PM
    When it works correctly (about 90% of the time for me also), Surepress is great. It seems that every so often it won't respond or even responds way too easily. For the added level of usability, it's a benefit. I like that being able to select something with a touch & then clicking if I want to go further. As long as I have more good than bad days with it, I'm happy.
    06-23-10 12:01 PM

Give it some time. I also switched from the S1 & at first felt the screen had an unnatural feel to it. After a few weeks, I got more comfortable with it & grew to like it more.
    06-23-10 12:04 PM
    If you dig SurePress then you're in the majority as far as I can tell.
    in this forum yes...but in the "smart-phone" touchscreen community...not so much...i think we are a minority...no?
    06-23-10 12:08 PM
    Give it some time. I also switched from the S1 & at first felt the screen had an unnatural feel to it. After a few weeks, I got more comfortable with it & grew to like it more.
    good to hear...i hope i do too
    06-23-10 12:09 PM
    while surepress was one of the main reasons i decided on buying the S2, i have noticed that i have "good" and "bad" days while trying to type on it. i can type quickly and accurately about 90% of the time, but around once every two weeks i have a day where i simply can NOT hit the keys i am aiming for. lately i have found myself wondering if it has something to do with how long i go between reboots or the current battery level on the phone. although, it's probably just me.
    Maybe you go to the bar every two weeks???
    06-23-10 01:10 PM
    I noticed this problem on my first device. Some days it would be very hard to press, other days it was great! And the bottom keys were VERY inconsistant! I since have a replacement with the reenginnered screen and it is flawless! Almost seems as if the OS is completely isolated from the screen click since it works so consistantly on every screen, time of day, or environment!

I wouldnt of said the same thing just 2 months ago!
    06-23-10 02:05 PM
    i have a theory... but i am not sure if thats the case....

somehow i feel that the environment or temperature affect the surepress in some ways. can't tell you if cold or hot weather makes a difference but i do feel the pressing is different in particularly cold environment. maybe thats my own illusion

i have personally replaced my cracked touchscreen...so i have explored the storm2 " naked body" and to be honest with you guys.. the screen itself have gap underneath...if there's ever a drop of water drip onto the edge of your screen, it will sip thru definitely.
    06-23-10 04:42 PM
    Maybe you go to the bar every two weeks???
    much more frequently than that.

seriously though, i have noticed that temperature/humidity does affect the way the screen clicks/rebounds. it doesn't affect my accuracy much but i can definitely notice a difference when using the phone with warm/damp hands vs. cold/dry hands.

the weather is mostly likely not my issue though, as i have had "good" and "bad" days regardless of temp/humidity.
    06-24-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD