So, I thought it was safe in the bottom of my purse, but my gloves had gotten in there, and with the snowy weather = damp storm.

It's totally haywire. I'm trying the bag of rice thing for now & can always go to the store and get a new one, but I was wondering if anyone had another trick for drying out the storm? (Besides the advice not to get it wet in the first place?)
    01-11-09 09:19 AM
    You may want to give it a couple days to see if the functionality of the device changes. Hopefully the moisture indicators on the phone haven't turned pink (or red). You can also try a dryer on a low setting.
    01-11-09 09:23 AM
    If you can get a new one form the store then why even risk having problems with this one?
    01-11-09 10:43 AM
    Ok thanks I'll try the dryer.

I've just heard bad things about the replacement phones verizon is sending out. Some people are saying they're worse than the originals and have bugs so I'd like to save this one if I can...
    01-11-09 11:26 AM
    man i've been seriously lucky w/ mine so far.....NYE spilled beer all over it, immediately removed battery & cleaned it up, 20 min later i put the batt back in & worked just fine......then a few nights ago spilled milk on it, alot less than the beer, but right on the screen, still no ill effects!
    01-11-09 11:26 AM
    There are other posts you should be able to find with a search.

Most recommend immediately pulling the battery, placing the phone in a bag of dry rice and sealing it for about 12 to 24 hours. The dry rice absorbs moisture and dries out the phone. some people have attached a dryer to the bag, but be careful not to let it get too hot..

I would suggest trying the rice trick first.
    01-11-09 12:16 PM
    If you can get a new one form the store then why even risk having problems with this one?
    Because if the moisture indicators have changed it won't be covered under the warranty. They will have to use insurance or pay full retail for another device.
    01-11-09 12:20 PM
    I got mine slightly wet and there was a big place in the screen that was brighter than the rest. I thought for sure I was going to have to get a replacement but then the next morning it was about 60% better and then by the end of the next day it completely resolved itself.

My moisture indicator had not changed though.
    01-11-09 01:47 PM
    no, but i had a dream last night that i did. i went swimming with it and i heard my "missed text tone" go off underwater so i freaked out. luckily i shook it off and took it apart and dried it but i never got to the end of the dream to see if it made it out ok.

ever since my first cell phone i've had dreams like this almost monthly. its turning out to be a real problem and very scary.
    01-11-09 02:03 PM
    Got a few drops of water in the screen gap right below the ear speaker and killed it. Without my bluetooth, I couldn't hear anyone. Took it back and got a new one.
    01-11-09 02:23 PM
    Anybody's Storm get them wet? OK, back on topic, I fumbled my Storm today and in the process of trying to catch it I knocked my diet coke off the kitchen counter. Storm hit the floor and back cover popped off. Coke spilled off the counter and soaked the back cover but missed the body. Whew! Used up one of my Storm's lives. Still working fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 05:36 PM
    OK - let me ask a "related" question and if it's inappropriate for this thread, I'll look elsewhere.

I purchased the Invisisheild protector the my Storm and it highly encourages spraying the storm face prior to putting the protector layer on. Does this concern anyone? Wouldn't this increase the chance of moisture, not to mention liquid, along the edges of the glass screen that might get underneath and do its damage?

Thanks
    01-11-09 05:51 PM
    I've always heard its best not to even turn the phone back on until its completely 100% dry. I once dropped a phone in a glass of water by accident and a co-worker told me the dryer trick..it worked!
    01-11-09 09:31 PM
    OK - let me ask a "related" question and if it's inappropriate for this thread, I'll look elsewhere.

I purchased the Invisisheild protector the my Storm and it highly encourages spraying the storm face prior to putting the protector layer on. Does this concern anyone? Wouldn't this increase the chance of moisture, not to mention liquid, along the edges of the glass screen that might get underneath and do its damage?

Thanks

I did just that. My touchscreen was useless. Spray as little liquid on there as possible. Luckily, I was able to return my phone for a new one. I'm probably one of the very few people that returned their phone other then the usual returns. 2nd phone is still working fine.
    01-11-09 09:36 PM
    I spilled a cup of cranberry juice on it by accident and at first where the juice hit the screen the worst was alot darker and the back button was completely stuck down and I couldn't even start the device without being in safe mode but the next day the phone was working again but I still have a slight stickyness to the screen click and back button....afraid to go get a replacement considering I haven't had a single problem with this phone.

As well the same day, that morning I accidently dropped and kicked my phone right on the driveway, have a couple scratches now :-(.

I never do this to my phones.
    01-11-09 10:05 PM
    I've let a number of pretty sizable drops of rain fall on the screen and so far nothing bad has happened.
    01-11-09 10:15 PM
    will the battery water mark and the phone have the red line if it has had moisture damage?
    01-29-09 10:34 AM
    dont spray the phone with the solution it says to spray the protective screen .. what r u talking about and make sure phone batt is out .
    01-29-09 11:27 AM
    will the battery water mark and the phone have the red line if it has had moisture damage?
    No, that means no water damage
    01-29-09 01:42 PM
    i hate it when it is snowing because i feel like the flakes will melt and then drip into the screen gap!
    01-29-09 01:44 PM
    i took my battery cover off battery out sim card out case off and laid everything on top of a fan for about 20 min. worked like normal
    01-29-09 03:56 PM
    my storm got wet and i cried because my ex boyfriend picture was frozen on the front and the touch screen wouldnt work nor the hard keys.... that sucked
    01-29-09 04:08 PM
    i hate it when it is snowing because i feel like the flakes will melt and then drip into the screen gap!
    Same, I protect mine like my life depends on it
    01-30-09 11:34 PM
    I have been selling phones for over 9 years, and while not the most ethical thing to do, I would "find a manufacturer defect" (shouldn't be hard with the Storm) and get the phone replaced while you still can. While the phone may work Ok now, water damage can lay dormant for MONTHS. When it finally does show its face, you may not even make the connection to this event and try to replace it under warranty. Problem is: even if the liquid damage indicator does not show signs of water damage, corrosion may still be present inside the phone voiding the warranty. GET IT REPLACED WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 12:02 AM
    One of my Storm's decided to take a dump and it jumped out of my hand and into my toilet bowl. The indicator light is now stuck on blue and it does whatever it wants to do. Sometimes the screen doesn't work at all. I already have another one but I'm hoping that it will dry out because I want to give it to a friend.
    01-31-09 03:19 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD