I have a pretty terrible story about my experience this day. I just like most of us here was highly anticipating the launch of the storm and I would have done ANYTHING to get one. But unfortunately, Friday morning I had to be at school at 9. I was able to talk my mom into heading over to the local Verizon store (Rochester, MN) at 9:00, though. She is not exactly the most patient person, so I didn't exactly expect to get one. But while I was at school I figured out that she had gotten in line in the freezing temperatures at 8:30. She knew exactly how much I wanted the Storm and she completely surprised me by waiting in line for me. I couldn't have been more excited when I got that text at school that read "I got the flier. I got the 9th storm out of 10." I wanted to personally be there when I purchased my storm, so I had worked out a deal with the store manager (Tom) ahead of time so that my mom would pick up a flier and he would personally save me a storm so I could pick it up after school. After school, my dad immediately took me to the Verizon store to pick up my new Storm. We got in the store, and the manager (Tom) approached my dad and I and said "Welcome, please come to the back of the store," and he had a storm box in his hand. I was ready to purchase it right there, but when we got to the back of the store Tom said, "Sorry, but your phone is broken. It does not boot." This was one of the most heartbreaking things that he could have told me. Any true Blackberry addict would have just died right there. He then told me that I should come back in store on Monday to see if there will be any more shipments to come in-store (he promised me a Storm out of the next shipments.) But he also said that if he had heard nothing of new shipments then I should just order one online, which it looks like if I did that I wouldn't get my Storm until 12-15 or later. This was extremely disappointing to not only me, but also my mom. She put in extra effort just to attempt to greatly surprise me by getting me the gadget that I had talked about everyday since I had heard about it (months ago.)

The worst part is that Tom already knew that my Storm was dead when I got in store. He told my mom that he would put my Storm into a safe until I was able to pick it up, but then why had he opened it prior to me arriving to the store? He claimed it was to "boot it up" but I am almost positive that he had realized that that unit was dead earlier that day and so he stuck me with it. This kind of service is completely disappointing to get from Verizon.
    11-21-08 07:46 PM
    That does suck but I would keep calling and following up. It's very possible they could get storms before monday. I found a store that had already gotten a 2nd shipment this afternoon and thats how I got mine. They said they expected even more tomorrow.
    11-21-08 07:48 PM
    at least you weren't the guy in an earlier thread that was FIRST in line... and didn't get one!!!!
    11-21-08 07:50 PM
    It's not his fault the phone didn't boot.

I'm really not sure you have much to be upset about. These things happen with new devices.
    11-21-08 07:51 PM
    at least you weren't the guy in an earlier thread that was FIRST in line... and didn't get one!!!!
    Now that guy I feel BAD for.

I was first in line, and first out of the store with my Storm.

How do you get first in line and then watch as everyone gets one but you?
    11-21-08 07:52 PM
    first to preorder it through my best buy and they told me i couldnt get the first shipment because it goes by day and not time of day of preorder. a person who preordered it after me could have gotten the phone even when i preordered it first.
    11-21-08 07:55 PM
    Now that guy I feel BAD for.

I was first in line, and first out of the store with my Storm.

How do you get first in line and then watch as everyone gets one but you?
    im guessing the store didnt have any for sale.
    11-21-08 07:56 PM
    Not by the guy I was relying on to have the Storm. He has a tiny Verizon Wireless store and didn't get one for himself or any to sell. I made the mistake of going to another small Verizon retailer and they were shady , characters who first ushered me in saying they had a Storm for me...until they looked up my existing account with multiple lines and an early upgrade...for some reason they no longer had one but did for the young guy who came back to see if his credit passed for a brand new account. The guy offered to sell me a Curve for $479 that I could use til the Storm came in. OF COURSE he would give me a refund and call me when my Storm was in.

The big Verizon corporate store had a line - I was #193 out of just over 200 people - and I still walked out with a Storm.
    11-21-08 08:02 PM
    Well, my story is probably going to make you mad. I work at Circuit City. I came to work at 9:45am, store opens at 10. Walked up to kiosk in store before we opened: "How many storms?" "Two" the associate that works there said. So I said I will be purchasing one, she said okay.

10AM hits, she starts my programming. Granted nobody was outside camping or anything like that, I just thought it was kinda cool.
    11-21-08 09:08 PM
    I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. But as on e the of fellow CB members said keep checking with Tom. They just might get a shipment tomorrow.
    11-21-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD