Just got a prompt asking if I want to do an automatic update for blackberry desktop software for 4.7.0

Blackberry's not plugged into the computer, and I've never seen this do that before. Am I just a little slow or could this be a good sign of things to come?
    04-07-09 01:39 PM
    its wanting to update DM most likely... no release from VW as of yet.
    04-07-09 01:41 PM
    mine updated application loader today, thats it
    04-07-09 01:41 PM
    It's a glitch
    04-07-09 01:49 PM
    What kind of glitch? Other than the false hope of an update..
    04-07-09 01:52 PM
    I actually fired up my DM and it didnt have any update. Many people are reporting the update though.
    04-07-09 01:52 PM
    i got the same thing. plugged in and did the update. I have never updated my phone or software before. now my phone says: v4.7.0.113 (platform 4.0.0.144). not sure what it did.
    04-07-09 01:54 PM
    I actually fired up my DM and it didnt have any update. Many people are reporting the update though.
    Some DM are updating. If your not, then your up to date.

I installed my DM thru VZ website. Others are probably installing using the disk that came with their device. I'm going out on a limb to say that those that used the disk are getting the update. Like a push. That's my opinion.
    04-07-09 01:57 PM
    my update was for the device software not DM. original poster should reply back as to what happened after his install
    04-07-09 01:59 PM
    I did mine through the CD that came with my Storm, so that's probably all it is then. Sorry for the tease, moderators if you want to kill the thread I won't be offended. One less worthless thread about an update the better!
    04-07-09 01:59 PM
    I did mine through the CD that came with my Storm, so that's probably all it is then. Sorry for the tease, moderators if you want to kill the thread I won't be offended. One less worthless thread about an update the better!
    Nothing to kill about. But today all these newbies posting threads like hey new OS thru DM update.
    04-07-09 02:02 PM
    What kind of glitch? Other than the false hope of an update..
    They closed the thread I started this morning but I did get an update this morning and it updated my phone to 4.7.0.113. View it if you want. There are a lot of ppl calling me liars but they are wrong.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/closed-200955/
    04-07-09 02:07 PM
    They closed the thread I started this morning but I did get an update this morning and it updated my phone to 4.7.0.113. View it if you want. There are a lot of ppl calling me liars but they are wrong.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/closed-200955/
    Suggest you go down to your local Verizon store, explain to them that you received the "official" update to 113, and ask them why you can't forward MMS messages. Make sure you show them the About screen that shows you're running 113. Let us know how that turns out.

113 is a leak. You installed it to your computer at some point, that's why the DM is showing it to you as available. 75 is still the current official OS, even the DM tells you it's "Preferred". I don't deny that you are running 113, I'm running it too, so are many others here. But it is not official. Check Verizon's web site.
    04-07-09 02:14 PM
    Well all I can add is that yes the DM update applied to my installation, which was from the CD shipped with the unit in December - and wow was it slow - took the better part of 20 minutes for the installer to finish!
    04-07-09 02:21 PM
    Suggest you go down to your local Verizon store, explain to them that you received the "official" update to 113, and ask them why you can't forward MMS messages. Make sure you show them the About screen that shows you're running 113. Let us know how that turns out.

113 is a leak. You installed it to your computer at some point, that's why the DM is showing it to you as available. 75 is still the current official OS, even the DM tells you it's "Preferred". I don't deny that you are running 113, I'm running it too, so are many others here. But it is not official. Check Verizon's web site.
    Words of wisdom DeaconBlue, Words of wisdom

Carry on
    04-07-09 02:27 PM

Well I guess the weird part is that on the thread I started a guy said he had 8 friends with storms and 5 of them said there was an update available. Now I personally don't think its the leaked version because I tried what you said and I was able to forward an MMS message to myself. Oh and not to mention I never downloaded the leaked version on my PC.
    04-07-09 02:30 PM
    Well I guess the weird part is that on the thread I started a guy said he had 8 friends with storms and 5 of them said there was an update available. Now I personally don't think its the leaked version because I tried what you said and I was able to forward an MMS message to myself. Oh and not to mention I never downloaded the leaked version on my PC.
    I'm not going to argue with you friend, for the same reason I don't argue politics or religion. You cannot change the mind of true beleivers. Just be aware when you try to get support from Verizon that you are NOT running an official OS, and they will not support you.

I'm out.
    04-07-09 02:39 PM
    I'm not going to argue with you friend, for the same reason I don't argue politics or religion. You cannot change the mind of true beleivers. Just be aware when you try to get support from Verizon that you are NOT running an official OS, and they will not support you.

I'm out.
    Your right, I hope I accidentally did get a leaked version of the "official" release which has fixed stuff. I guess I would call it a fluke, but a good one . I'm done posting on it as well. My original reason for posting was to give hope to those still on 4.7.0.75 like i was; and it was miserable.
    04-07-09 02:59 PM
    Well after I downloaded the update my phone now says:
    v4.7.0.122(Platform 4.0.0.153)
    04-07-09 03:08 PM
    There is an updated Desktop Manager available
    470_b051_multilanguage_nomediamanager.exe
    470_b051_multilanguage.exe
    04-07-09 03:12 PM
    share the wealth
    04-07-09 03:12 PM
    I can't because I haven't posted 10 times, the board software doesn't think i can handle it.

But, Google "Blackberry downloads Telus" and you will see it as the first response.
    04-07-09 03:20 PM
    All,

I'm currently running .109 on my storm. I got the automatic update this morning and let it go through with the installation. I have not connected my storm to my computer since the update and I have not downloaded or installed any leaks since .109 was released. I am about to connect my storm after this post and will confirm whether or not it gets automatically updated like these guys are posting OR if it does what I think it will do and remain on .109.... will let you all know shortly.
    04-07-09 03:32 PM
    Well after I downloaded the update my phone now says:
    v4.7.0.122(Platform 4.0.0.153)
    Notice anything different?
    04-07-09 03:36 PM
    it's 4.7.0.122 but when i try to update i get an " Your Blackberry Application loader needs to be updated before you can continue. Do you want to update it now?" i click yes and i get an error " The Blackberry Application Loader upgrade failed to download." and the app loader just closes
    04-07-09 03:43 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD