Is it not ironic that the OP was posting from
    his "CrackBerry"? Never had an iPhone,
    wouldn't take one if you gave it to me simply
    because of the crappy network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 03:38 PM
    My computer checks my email once a minute and it almost always comes up on my phone first. Obviously it might be different if my computer checked every second, but having them arrive within a minute is pretty damn good. Only time I've had problems were a couple of days in Jan or Feb when RIM had issues.
    03-08-09 03:49 PM
    The three main mails I am talking about are:

1. "my name"@att.blackberry.net
    2. "my name"@vzw.blackberry.net
    3. "my name"@ "hospital I work at.com

I can understand the last one having some filters to grind through... but the first two?

Honestly, you guys get mail instantly, all the time, never a delay? I'm not trying to be a **** here, but this starts to look weird that you have perfect experience with everything you touch...

And I am NOT saying that you probably don't dink around with settings and such until it suits you... I so far have made sure my Storm works pretty well with cleaning the memory, tossing the junk, pulling the battery.. etc... So there is a "user element" I am sure, but I can't make the network give me emails instantly all the time. It does happen... but on AVERAGE... I'm saying it takes a few minutes. Even on a real computer it takes a few minutes sometimes... =/

Even BBM takes a few seconds to minutes... "sometimes" ...
    Your "@xxx.blackberry.net" mails should push near instantly.

Are you on BIS or BES?

As for the other people chiming in. Yahoo / Gmail / Hotmail / AOL are different than normal POP3 emails. POP3 emails from outside providers (like Comcast or private corporations) are not instant delivery. RIM's servers check outside email accounts at a different frrequency. Someone explained it all in a post somewhere. But IIRC it goes something like it checks for new mail every 15 minutes. If it finds mail on that server, it downloads it and then begins checking like every minute for a certain amount of time. No mail, then it begins lengthening the interval until it goes back to default.
    03-08-09 03:56 PM
    blackberry

gmail

yahoo

personal domain

and work address

all come in instantly
    03-08-09 04:03 PM
    If your iphone is so good then why do you have to convince storm users of it? Reason: your iphone is outperformed in so many ways. No other reason an iphone user would be in a storm forum. Before you say I don't know what I am talking about, you should know should know my gf has an iphone so I know the facts daily. {it was so easy discredit you}. Each of your follow up comments prove my point so go ahead. Goodbye.

03-08-09 04:23 PM
    Absolutely right

Sad iphone fanboys have to troll here

03-08-09 04:54 PM
    owned..goodbye..
    03-08-09 05:09 PM
    vz network rox...att sux...but the guy is funny and struck a bunch of nerves...stop playiin into it and the bully loses all of his power
    03-08-09 05:10 PM
    I'm on BIS... and I'm sure your guy's mails come through as fast as you say. I'm thrilled for you. lol. Just being my cantankerous self.

I never did IMAP routing or whatever it was that someone was suggesting. I always figured the minor delay was the hospital's filters, but I don't always get .carrier.blackberry.net mails instantly either. No biggie.
    03-08-09 10:05 PM
    Well.......................... Not everyone loves the storm. I do.

03-08-09 10:10 PM
    Can you please explain yourself, I can give you a dozens reasons why the iphone is a better business device, can you tell me why a blackberry is better?

The iPhone has:
    VPN
    Much better OWA access
    Browser cabable of web apps
    an app store with thousands of useful apps
    These people use notes and tasks from Outlook with thier phones. Neither of them sync with the iPhone directly. Apparantly there is a rig job for both but is a hassle and the tasks work around app does not give you alerts. Both individuals also use copy/paste heavily. They also MMS pictures to friends and family from time to time which is not business use of course.

Blackberry was the orginal business phone and is used by far more people in business than the iPhone, just ike far more people use Windows versus Mac. I don't have the numbers but I'm sure that RIM has sold many millions more of their phones than Apple has.

I am not saying that the iPhone is bad just that for most business professionals a Blackberry would work better just like Windows does for most business related computer users versus the Mac OS.

FYI... I use a MacBook Pro for my PC. I do use bootcamp with Vista installed and go into the Vista side far more often than the Mac.
    03-08-09 10:46 PM
    I have many FREE aPps on my storm n it works just fine .... Sure it glitches once n a blue moon but what phone including tha iphone doesn't n can I mention that the iphone wasn't always as good as it is now and to add to that iphones "3g" network doesn't work as good as advertised
    Didnt the iphone get a telling off for cutting the process on the adverts ? so it made it out to be alot more efficient than it already is.

lol, so stupid

i get emails on my storm before they shop up on the pc

+1 Same here. I hear the storm email alert and then look on the taskbar and pop i got email on phone and PC haha.

Can the Iphone be used as a tether for your computer ??? Just asking cuz I don't know.

You could until Apple took the app from the appstorm. I think my girlfriend still does it through Cydia.. I dunno
    Looking in the rant and raves sub forum all i see if storm -iphone, iphone - storm. Its not only the iphone thats a competetor to the storm people. Old Arguments old postings. ... Just a concept but isnt everything nowadays a concept?

Although love reading the rants and raves forum

~Joe
    03-09-09 04:00 AM
    Why do you people entertain this sh!t?
    I can only answer for myself...I am entertained both by reading storm users who are obviously just now orienting to the new age of what we call in the online gameing world �a patch fix for such and such bug� {phones just passed into their next evolutionary phase and became micro computers}...

And the other reason is to read childesh temper tantrums from iphoners who are experiencing what I coin �phone envy�. My gf's iphone can't do half of what my storm can... And I can't remember the number of times her network drops her calls, or she has to call in for help because it quit working and they had to reboot her account {!!!}, or my all time favorite, she has to borrow my storm because her iphone �has no bars�.

03-09-09 06:29 AM
    *sits back with a bag of popcorn and enjoys the show
    03-09-09 07:04 AM
    And the other reason is to read childesh temper tantrums from iphoners who are experiencing what I coin �phone envy�. My gf's iphone can't do half of what my storm can... And I can't remember the number of times her network drops her calls, or she has to call in for help because it quit working and they had to reboot her account {!!!}, or my all time favorite, she has to borrow my storm because her iphone �has no bars�.
    What's even better is the envy from Curve users. Nothing like owning old stuff to make you bitter and angry.
    03-09-09 07:38 AM
    ... Another one I forgot. She hates her iphone camera. She borrows my storm for the 3.2 megapixel camera to take pictures. And the ******** I hear when I download an mp3 for a ringtone? Priceless. Of cousre I do not brag. Takes a while to recooperate from noassitol.

03-09-09 08:39 AM
    These people use notes and tasks from Outlook with thier phones. Neither of them sync with the iPhone directly. Apparantly there is a rig job for both but is a hassle and the tasks work around app does not give you alerts. Both individuals also use copy/paste heavily. They also MMS pictures to friends and family from time to time which is not business use of course.

So MMS, copy/paste, and syncing notes and tasks are the killer apps you not live without for Blackberry.

I would say the fact that we run our inventory management system remotely on an iPhone outweighs the features above by a little. And it is an old piece of software developed years ago....
    03-09-09 12:00 PM
    So MMS, copy/paste, and syncing notes and tasks are the killer apps you not live without for Blackberry.

I would say the fact that we run our inventory management system remotely on an iPhone outweighs the features above by a little. And it is an old piece of software developed years ago....
    Way to completely ignore what I said to you earlier. Try running it from your storm with the storm actually in HTML mode.
    03-09-09 01:07 PM

way to generalize
    03-09-09 01:31 PM
    ....I can't believe I just read all eight pages. I was trying to learn something new oh well.
    03-09-09 02:30 PM
    barley good for anything but emails... just reading them at that.

keyboard is way flawed on top of clicking bs

contact retrieval is jacked

answering calls is 50/50

taking pictures is 50/50 then 50/50 if your pic is actually saved

accelerometer is s l o w

blinking lights yay

battery pulls yay

stick a biz card or some paper. r u m'fn kidding me at $299? priceless

another bs leaked version lol at "it runs faster" u guys kill me

all you soap boxers should take you phone to any phone store and play with phones side by side. the iphone slays this thing all day... u know why. cause it works imagine that.

**** the LG dare can blow this thing out of the water.

VZW and RIM wiffed so bad the execs are wishing the phone never was, and they will get their wish very soon. tech bills, replacement phones etc... cost more to operate and support than it will ever be worth. don't know why people can't see this.

imagine if this was a tv you bought and the tech was flawed, it crashed or froze... anyone wana buy a tv? free storm included

keep on dreaming, i mean smoking
    03-10-09 02:28 AM
    **** the LG dare can blow this thing out of the water.

yeah, u go right back to that then

03-10-09 03:43 AM
    Damnn LG vs Storm.

:Slaphead:

No comment
    03-10-09 04:22 AM
    Ditto. lol
    jumping on this bandwagon hahahaha
    03-10-09 11:59 AM
    question:

blueskyjunkie are you running .109? Bc it sounds like she's a little behind with the problems she's complaining about.

A few more official OS versions and I'll be impressed.
    03-10-09 12:01 PM
175 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD