Can you please explain yourself, I can give you a dozens reasons why the iphone is a better business device, can you tell me why a blackberry is better?

The iPhone has:
    VPN
    Much better OWA access
    Browser cabable of web apps
    an app store with thousands of useful apps
    VPN.. that's great, but how well does the Iphone handle remote desktop software?

OWA? LOL! There's no use for Outlook Web Access when your email push delivers your outlook messages straight to your phone like a POP client.

Browser caPable of web apps? Do tell, what web apps? No flash yet, so I fail to see your point here.

The app store.. 100,000 applications and 99,500 of them that are completely useless or redundant. Way to go. Is it a shame knowing that the blackberry comes packaged with a PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS viewer while Iphone users have to buy apps for it? Your points are fairly useless.

But do tell us how well the Iphone handles exchange servers. Go on. We'll wait.

Also:

Have fun yankin your battery 5x a day, kid.
    At least we have the option of removing our battery instead of paying apple to service the phone, and being without a phone for a week or more if something happens to the battery.
    Last edited by xilly; 03-07-09 at 11:00 PM.
    03-07-09 10:41 PM
    Iphone and curve are inferior to the storm

That's why these trolls are so upset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have to take major issue with that statement. The iPhone sucks every bit as much as the storm... lol.

But seriously... you cannot compare the curve and the storm. You can talk all day about how the curve looks old and dated... but so does a 911 compared to, say, a Lotus...

BUT...

I have both devices and use them side by side and I can tell you objectively that a) I don't have hardware/software issues with the Storm that are deal breakers and b) it will never ever ever never be as fast as a device with a real keyboard and trackball for things you ACTUALLY DO on a blackberry like email, text, BBM and surf the web (and by the latter I mean filling out web based forms and such...) .. I will challenge anyone to a head to head competition: Curve or Bold Vs Storm on the above tasks. Lets make it 30 texts, 10 emails and 5 online forms... I bet the Curve does it in HALF the time... and god forbid you make a mistake...

You know I'm right.

I'm still keeping my Storm, but you have to have some reality in your life once in a while...
    03-07-09 10:41 PM
    VPN.. that's great, but how well does the Iphone handle remote desktop software?

OWA? LOL! There's no use for Outlook Web Access when your email push delivers your outlook messages straight to your phone like a POP client.
    The iPhone uses Microsoft active sync through OWA, which is basically push, through its email client.

Browser caPable of web apps? Do tell, what web apps? No flash yet, so I fail to see your point here.
    At our facility, the iPhone is batting about .500 for working with our web apps, the Storm 0

The app store.. 100,000 applications and 99,500 of them that are completely useless or redundant. Way to go. Is it a shame knowing that the blackberry comes packaged with a PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS viewer while Iphone users have to buy apps for it? Your points are fairly useless.

But do tell us how well the Iphone handles exchange servers. Go on. We'll wait.
    How does it handle exchange? much better than the Storm, see previous comment. LOL
    03-07-09 11:04 PM
    I'm no iPhone apologist ... but I have to agree with collins... My son has about 50 apps on his Touch. Never had a reboot. Not one. He also has it linked to his gmail... I send him a mail, 3-5 minutes later, poof... it appears on his touch. No fuss, no muss.

And I had some reference books in PDF format.... I had to pay $50 to docs to go to be able to use them (no, attachment service was not an option... too slow and unavailable at times) ... and guess what, no search function! It's just an image viewer! Ouch!
    03-07-09 11:11 PM
    The iPhone uses Microsoft active sync through OWA, which is basically push, through its email client.
    What about for companies who don't have an OWA portal set up? Not everyone uses an OWA portal, sir. Certainly not the United States Army.

How does it handle exchange? much better than the Storm, see previous comment. LOL
    You should heed your own advice and see previous comment.

At our facility, the iPhone is batting about .500 for working with our web apps, the Storm 0
    This is a biased sample. How are we to know whether or not your programmers/coders are trying to make those applications iPhone friendly? Your argument is still invalid due to a lack of a nonpartisan example.

He also has it linked to his gmail... I send him a mail, 3-5 minutes later, poof... it appears on his touch. No fuss, no muss.
    That's cool. I'll stick with my Gmail coming instantly though. 3-5 minutes is a long wait if you're waiting for a rapid response.
    03-07-09 11:15 PM
    What about for companies who don't have an OWA portal set up? Not everyone uses an OWA portal, sir. Certainly not the United States Army.
    Well like it or not, the OWA portal is the industry standard, and by far the most popular out there, and if not good thing there is a VPN client on the iPhone.

You should heed your own advice and see previous comment.

This is a biased sample. How are we to know whether or not your programmers/coders are trying to make those applications iPhone friendly? Your argument is still invalid due to a lack of a nonpartisan example.
    Since all of our apps are > 2 years old I am pretty sure they are not designed for the iPhone.

The Storm browser is not "full html" it is WAP
    03-07-09 11:21 PM
    I think its a great forum for BB users,across the board, to debate/discuss the most controversial BB ever released.
    you just like it because it's the only sub forum on this site dedicated to stirring the pot and inviting arguments under the guise of controversial debate or heated discussion. why else would you post here so frequently, being a non-storm owner and all.

in any case, the novelty of this particular forum is wearing off for me. it's turning into a lot of repetitive bickering, even in threads that were started as a "rave". it would almost be helpful to tell the naysayers to use the search button to avoid a repost. lol
    03-07-09 11:33 PM
    That's cool. I'll stick with my Gmail coming instantly though. 3-5 minutes is a long wait if you're waiting for a rapid response.
    I'm not trying to pick a fight... but I picked those numbers to be realistic... I have sent myself emails on all three mails I have on my BB... and it takes between 3 and 5 minutes. There is a disclaimer in the BB literature that if you are waiting for a rapid response, don't use email.

I have the Gmail app on both the curve and storm... it often takes over 20 minutes to get a message. It has taken an hour! If you are getting 100% instant throughput... well you aren't, lol.

There is a blackberry BBM emergency service for this very purpose... but... that's not email.
    03-07-09 11:41 PM
    The novelty of this forum died when they first added

03-07-09 11:44 PM
    I've never had a delay in emails...

03-07-09 11:46 PM
    Email is instant for me. And LMAO at rc saying the storm browser is wap. Ignorance is bliss?

03-07-09 11:57 PM
    Cool post. You bashed my cell phone real good. You are totally badass at talking **** on peoples cell phones on the internet. Keep on living the dream.

03-08-09 03:07 AM
    Can you please explain yourself, I can give you a dozens reasons why the iphone is a better business device, can you tell me why a blackberry is better?

The iPhone has:
    VPN
    Much better OWA access
    Browser cabable of web apps
    an app store with thousands of useful apps
    There are numerous arguments you can make about the iphone being a better device than the storm, but being a better business device is not one of them.
    03-08-09 08:04 AM
    I'm no iPhone apologist ... but I have to agree with collins... My son has about 50 apps on his Touch. Never had a reboot. Not one. He also has it linked to his gmail... I send him a mail, 3-5 minutes later, poof... it appears on his touch. No fuss, no muss.

And I had some reference books in PDF format.... I had to pay $50 to docs to go to be able to use them (no, attachment service was not an option... too slow and unavailable at times) ... and guess what, no search function! It's just an image viewer! Ouch!
    You are comparing the stability of an MP3 player with a smartphone? A little apple vs oranges (no pun intended) dont you think? I would imagine the touch or the iphone would be slightly less stable if either device allowed you to do more than one thing at a time. Which, I assume, is the point Apple had in mind when they said, "NO MULTI TASKING FOR YOU!!".
    03-08-09 08:08 AM
    I'm not trying to pick a fight... but I picked those numbers to be realistic... I have sent myself emails on all three mails I have on my BB... and it takes between 3 and 5 minutes. There is a disclaimer in the BB literature that if you are waiting for a rapid response, don't use email.

I have the Gmail app on both the curve and storm... it often takes over 20 minutes to get a message. It has taken an hour! If you are getting 100% instant throughput... well you aren't, lol.

There is a blackberry BBM emergency service for this very purpose... but... that's not email.
    Have you set your gmail account to IMAP? I often get notifications on my Storm of emails before I get them on my laptop.
    03-08-09 08:19 AM
    I like my phone and I figure this place is as good as any to up my post count.
    Ditto. lol
    03-08-09 09:22 AM
    Greatest thread. Also what is IMAP? Ok, you're right I should search for it myself.
    03-08-09 09:38 AM
    You shouldn't really be drinking Tequila and posting at the same time...
    03-08-09 09:45 AM
    lol, so stupid

i get emails on my storm before they shop up on the pc
    03-08-09 10:22 AM
    Can the Iphone be used as a tether for your computer ??? Just asking cuz I don't know.

If you use your Storm as a tether to your laptop you'll be shocked at the amazing speed ! It is as good as my FIOS

I have the Storm b/c of the Verizon network ... period. My buddies that have the Iphone have nothing but problems with the AT&T network. They lose a signal by moving 20 feet !!!
    03-08-09 11:00 AM
    The three main mails I am talking about are:

1. "my name"@att.blackberry.net
    2. "my name"@vzw.blackberry.net
    3. "my name"@ "hospital I work at.com

I can understand the last one having some filters to grind through... but the first two?

Honestly, you guys get mail instantly, all the time, never a delay? I'm not trying to be a **** here, but this starts to look weird that you have perfect experience with everything you touch...

And I am NOT saying that you probably don't dink around with settings and such until it suits you... I so far have made sure my Storm works pretty well with cleaning the memory, tossing the junk, pulling the battery.. etc... So there is a "user element" I am sure, but I can't make the network give me emails instantly all the time. It does happen... but on AVERAGE... I'm saying it takes a few minutes. Even on a real computer it takes a few minutes sometimes... =/

Even BBM takes a few seconds to minutes... "sometimes" ...
    03-08-09 11:38 AM
    You are comparing the stability of an MP3 player with a smartphone? A little apple vs oranges (no pun intended) dont you think? I would imagine the touch or the iphone would be slightly less stable if either device allowed you to do more than one thing at a time. Which, I assume, is the point Apple had in mind when they said, "NO MULTI TASKING FOR YOU!!".
    Actually I am talking about an MP3 player that is getting email via wi-fi hence the rate limiting step is the internet itself.

I love it when people say that they get emails faster on the BB than on the "real computer" ... It does happen. It even happens consistently... but if you were constantly refreshing on the "real computer"... you might not notice a big difference...

And as for multi-tasking.... ANY blackberry, and especially the Storm... gets a little fussy when it is doing too many things at once. I used to know a guy that could juggle 9 tennis balls at once... for about 30 seconds... my point is, multitasking is great, but it eventually bogs you down... I WISH the storm closed out all un-used apps when it was done with them instead of making ME do it... 1. bb button. 2. scroll down. 3. scroll down some more. 4. hit close... 5. repeat as needed...

I'll say it again, like the phone, but pretending it's perfect ... is just that, pretending.
    03-08-09 11:47 AM
    Well like it or not, the OWA portal is the industry standard, and by far the most popular out there, and if not good thing there is a VPN client on the iPhone.
    So you're saying government agencies are wrong for not using OWA? This conversation is effectively over, because you're clueless.

The Storm browser is not "full html" it is WAP
    Um... *facepalm*

Do this: Open the internet browser, bb key, options, browser configuration, browser identification: set it to either IE or Firefox, then try those tests again, Mr. "It's WAP only".

Am I, or am I not? Since you're telling me I'm wrong and all these other people are saying you're a ****, pick a stance and stick with it, John Kerry. You realize we're talking about configuring gmail as a pop/imap account, and not using a gmail app, right?
    Last edited by xilly; 03-08-09 at 12:19 PM.
    03-08-09 12:12 PM
    JDOC..in all seriousness my email 99.9% of the time comes through instantly, I have 1 hotmail account and 1 GMAIL account and do not even have the gmail app on my phone. The only time it doesnt come through instantly is when something gets messed up (normally after an update) and I have to resubmit my email password.

If yours is taking more then a minute to come through you are either getting really crappy signal or maybe you should try re-registering etc?!?

edit: and why did you spend $50 JUST to view pdfs..you could have got beamberry or whatever for 19.95 if you have no desire to edit them?
    03-08-09 02:31 PM
    Hey can you MMS me a pic of your avatar please? wait you can't can you.... **** off dude.

I'm happy that you are happy with your "i'm in the click" phone. Maybe if you show it to the 15 year old girl you are trying to bed she'll actually lay down for your punk ***.
    hahahahah that is tooooo funny!! oh hey can u download some songs right now? with no wifi around? or maybe shoot a video clip.. ooohh yahh.. i forgot..
    03-08-09 03:01 PM
175 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD