My personal favorite is the fact that the Storm is clearly a "Me Too!!!" device, multimedia capabilities, app store, touch screen interface, because lets face it the iPhone changed the game. However the fanboi insists that the iPhone is a toy, so logically the storm is aspiring to be a toy......????
    03-06-09 10:43 AM
    Oh your replies are so predictable. It's ok. You can have fun with your mms while I peruse through the 20k apps on my wifi connection. By apps I mean the ones with impressive audio and graphics that I can fit on my 8gb of memory. Have fun yankin your battery 5x a day, kid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, clearly you're so enthralled by your iPhone you still feel the need to troll here

03-06-09 10:51 AM
    Hahahaha. Great thread. I have a storm, and I love it, but I am fully aware of it's shortcomings, bluesky is dead on with everything he has said, and the battle between him and everyone else is beyond funny.

Classic.
    03-06-09 11:03 AM
    I just had 2 people at one of my clients get the iPhone for business use. They both had Blackberry Curve's before. I told them not to but they did anyway. They are now returning them today and going back to Blackberry. When it comes to business use, Blackberry is the king. The phone is a good phone but not as a business tool. Don't assume that just because the phone is good for you that it is for everyone else as well.

03-06-09 11:20 AM
    I think the storm will fail just for the sole fact that I picked it, for what ever reason I seem to pick the wrong one when there is a battle....betamax divx HD DVD there is a huge list
    03-06-09 11:50 AM
    I too picked those failing items

03-06-09 12:07 PM
    I couldn't resist.....

Attachment 16212
    03-06-09 06:57 PM
    I just had 2 people at one of my clients get the iPhone for business use. They both had Blackberry Curve's before. I told them not to but they did anyway. They are now returning them today and going back to Blackberry. When it comes to business use, Blackberry is the king. The phone is a good phone but not as a business tool. Don't assume that just because the phone is good for you that it is for everyone else as well.

Spot on. Iphone smooth phone / multimedia device, but for raw business use it sh*t.

So depends what ya looking for. Each is good for theor perspective audiences.

03-06-09 07:11 PM
    To everyone who thinks I'm lying about owning a Storm:

I'm not . I still have my Storm. However, I am considering purchasing an Iphone for $70 from someone I know.

Also please know that I'm not trying to convince anyone else to run back and return their phone. I'm simply stating my dissatisfaction with my Storm. I realize that some people love it and all its capabilites, and I did for a while; however, I've noticed far too many detrimental shortcomings pop up recently that could have been easily avoided. I understand that they haven't had sufficient time to perfect the OS yet, but IMO the device has numerous hardware issues that cripple it severely.
    03-06-09 08:31 PM
    Mindless little children should be seen but not heard. Go tell mommy and daddy that you aren't grown up enough yet to have a real smartphone so you want them to go out and buy you the pretend smartphone that the apple people make. I'm sure you can remember the name.
    Thanks for your [worthless] opinion, but I'd hardly consider myself a mindless little child. I'd use the term "mature young adult" . I pay for all my own stuff, and in three months I will be at a service academy living on my own. I will tell mommy and daddy you said hello though.
    03-06-09 08:36 PM
    I was enjoying my new storm until I read this thread and then realized I shouldn't be enjoying it. Oh well. You know what not everyone will be satisfied with any device. Its no reason for you to freak out though.

I'm not trying to make you dislike your phone. I'm only stating my frustrations with it. It may serve your purposes well and turn out to be a great phone for ya.
    03-06-09 08:39 PM
    and pathetic crap like this is why the Rants/Raves forum should probably be done away with..or atleast not even count towards posts. Some people reallyyy need to get a f'in life..it truly is sad
    03-06-09 08:49 PM
    and pathetic crap like this is why the Rants/Raves forum should probably be done away with.
    yet you still come in and post
    ....the door is to the right : )

03-07-09 01:16 AM
    No wonder everyones post counts are so high. I'm out the door to work but if any of you dudes got off your computers and ventured outside there's actually women out there

03-07-09 05:26 AM
    I have many FREE aPps on my storm n it works just fine .... Sure it glitches once n a blue moon but what phone including tha iphone doesn't n can I mention that the iphone wasn't always as good as it is now and to add to that iphones "3g" network doesn't work as good as advertised
    03-07-09 07:49 AM
    I can't stop laughing. Since launch, people have been ardently defending the Storm with arguments like "yeah well at least I can cut n paste!" or "just wait until the next official OS comes out! It will do the Storm wonders," or my new favorite "once the app store launches it will be great!!!" I'll enjoy listening to your pathetic excuses for why the Storm kills the Iphone now that you have NOTHING left to fall back on. Wipe the feces out of your eyes Storm owners because you just got pooped on. Have a spectacular day downloading the 6 $2.99 apps that your Storm's memory can hold. Let the inferno begin. Deuces.
    This is simply false. The OP should be thankful that folks like us have a phone that enables work to get done. It is because of this that the EMO's, hipsters and the rest of the instant gratification gen-Y can sit around, sms, play games and have a shaker app that tells them where to eat.

03-07-09 08:23 AM

Can you please explain yourself, I can give you a dozens reasons why the iphone is a better business device, can you tell me why a blackberry is better?

The iPhone has:
    VPN
    Much better OWA access
    Browser cabable of web apps
    an app store with thousands of useful apps
    03-07-09 10:52 AM
    yet you still come in and post
    ....the door is to the right : )

Or you could actually quote my whole saying instead of JUST the part that suits your needs

I made a thread about this already outside of the rants/raves if you ever ventured outside you might have noticed it. I think that the lounge/rants & raves need to be combined and/or just make the rants/raves not count towards post counts..its truly a useless forum wether i visit it or not thats how I feel. It should mean more by the fact that I still post in here and think it shouldnt count towards posts.
    03-07-09 11:16 AM
    woop de friggen do - app store is just a bonus for me
    03-07-09 08:26 PM
    Iphone and curve are inferior to the storm

That's why these trolls are so upset

03-07-09 08:44 PM
    I see the same post from RC everyday

VPN
    Much better OWA access

03-07-09 09:00 PM
    Iphone and curve are inferior to the storm

That's why these trolls are so upset

Not trolling, but curious. What exactly makes them "inferior"?
    03-07-09 09:01 PM
    I see the same post from RC everyday

VPN
    Much better OWA access

Not as much as I hear "The Storm is better for business"

However I have never heard a reason why.
    03-07-09 10:16 PM
    ok so why i think the iphone is not better then a storm.

MMS is something everyone uses.
    Email is total crap on the iphone.
    if anything happens to it you can just pop it apart like blackberrys.
    for being a "multimedia" phone it has a poor camara that needs an app to take videos. which makes me think if you can get an app for video why cant they make an app for MMS.... anyways 2.0MP is crap now a days.
    cant insure.

correct me if im wrong on any of these things but this is all what ive heard.
    also everyone one talks about the wifi **** which is kinda ******** to me. the reason they gave the iphone(and other att devices) wifi is cuz A. edge sux and is slower then Rev A. B. there isnt as much edge coverage as there is reva so it has to have wifi. C. wifi isnt a secure connection unless its your own but if your using it at your house then get on your PC cuz that is faster anyway. but this is all just ny opinion
    03-07-09 10:24 PM
    Or you could actually quote my whole saying instead of JUST the part that suits your needs

I made a thread about this already outside of the rants/raves if you ever ventured outside you might have noticed it. I think that the lounge/rants & raves need to be combined and/or just make the rants/raves not count towards post counts..its truly a useless forum wether i visit it or not thats how I feel. It should mean more by the fact that I still post in here and think it shouldnt count towards posts.
    I think its a great forum for BB users,across the board, to debate/discuss the most controversial BB ever released.

Rants and Raves should count towards posts because for the most part people are debating (hotly at times) the Storms failures/successes dislikes/likes tech/hardware.

Remember crackheads will smoke out of a crackpipe or tin foil. The drugs the same but the method of delivery differs. We are all in the same boat whether you like it or not : )

I think the hardcore crackheads know bad shiat when they smoke it.

03-07-09 10:28 PM
175 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD