I dropped mine today face down. Luckily there is no cosmetic damages since i have a case and double protected my screen BUT now i see lines when I change the screen from landscape to portrait and vise versa. I also noticed my screen had the static screen, you know when you connect your TV to the antenna and when you get no signal you get that fuzz.

It's bit blurry but notice the lines on the bottom. I had to take the pics while i move the phone.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I've noticed it's only when there is lag on the phone, especially when i'm playing music.
    04-08-09 04:02 PM
    Thats sucks.
    I dropped mine from about 4 feet onto my hardwood floor, with no protection. No damage, not even a scratch, and it still runs great.
    04-08-09 04:09 PM
    damn. mine was only 2 feet drop.
    04-08-09 04:10 PM
    I dropped mine on Sunday, 2ft from the ground, not a scratch on it. Backlight DEAD. One little green line from top to bottom. Completely black. They are sending me a replacement.
    04-08-09 04:14 PM
    I have dropped mine 2x. First time was the day after I bought my silicone case and screen covers I dropped it out of my pocket onto the concrete. There is a MM sized scratch on the top left chrome part. Then when I was on the East Coast for my AP History trip, I dropped it at Little Round top in the dirt and it bounced like 4 or 5 times and not a scratch or chip on it at all.
    04-08-09 04:15 PM
    i havent drop it yet, i intend to keep it that way.
    04-08-09 04:20 PM
    Someone should make thicker silicone or rubber cases or add rubber inside plastic cases to reduce the shock more effectively if it gets dropped.
    04-08-09 04:23 PM
    i have dropped mine several times and for some reason always on to concrete. my storm is all scratched up, but still supringly works.
    04-08-09 04:46 PM
    Dropped on cement once. and carpet several times.
    04-08-09 04:53 PM
    I've dropped it twice. The first time was getting out of my car. It was on my lap wearing its silicon case. Landed face down on the parking lot. No damage at all. In fact it made my screen click much better.

The second time it fell out of my Seido (sp?) holster getting out of my car. Took a nice chunk out of the silver on the bottom right and scratched above the blackberry logo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 04:57 PM
    I drop mine multiple times a day, i always forget i have it in my lap when i get out of my SUV, and never had any issues, though one time it dropped and then i stepped on it and cracked the screen, and when i took it into Verizon, they didnt even hesitate to hand me over a new one due to insurance....take it in and get a new one
    04-08-09 04:58 PM
    I drop mine multiple times a day, i always forget i have it in my lap when i get out of my SUV, and never had any issues, though one time it dropped and then i stepped on it and cracked the screen, and when i took it into Verizon, they didnt even hesitate to hand me over a new one due to insurance....take it in and get a new one
    I have dropped mine about ten times on concrete and stil looks good

04-08-09 05:03 PM
    Yeah I usually drop mine every time I get out of the car. I need to chain it to my belt or something. No problems yet though.

04-08-09 05:04 PM
    I dropped mine In the toilet a couple weeks ago. It was right after I go out of the shower luckily so the toilet was clean. I took the batter out towel dried it and let it sit over night. It still works perfect. d i

04-08-09 05:11 PM
    Does the toilet count?
    04-08-09 05:12 PM
    I was in Calgary last week and as I threw a snowball my Storm went flying out of my jacket pocket. It flew over a fence and down a cliff. The cliff wasn't rocky, more like packed dirt but parts were covered in snow. It was a hundred feet or so to the bottom, maybe more. The Storm was cartwheeling the whole way. It ended up in a pile of dirt a the bottom. I managed to find a way down and the phone was covered in dust but to my surprise still working! It has one chunk missing from the silver bezel near the mute button. Other than that, no major damage. Screen is perfect.
    04-08-09 05:31 PM
    I dropped the first one I had onto concrete. Took a chunk out of the screen. Thank God for insurance on it. Anyway, dropped the new one only once, onto hardwood, and it works great. No dings or dents either. Needless to say, now I have a holster...
    04-08-09 05:42 PM
    Dropped it in an airport. Four big marks on all four corners of the silver edge of the screen. No damage to the screen itself, and still works great.
    04-08-09 05:48 PM
    one guy on here put up a post about how he dropped his from the roof of his car (he left it there) and it got ran over at least once but someone saw it happen picked up the phone and it still worked so they called it and gave it back to him lol
    04-08-09 06:06 PM
    i drop it all the time.. silicone case saves the day everytime
    04-08-09 06:19 PM
    I tend to drop it on the asphalt but the Seidio case has saved it.
    04-08-09 06:22 PM
    My storm has popped out of my Seidio Holster a couple of times and dropped about 3 feet onto a tile floor. Apparently so far there is no damage. Thank God!!
    04-08-09 06:28 PM
    Dropped mine getting out of my truck scratched the chrome on the left side so now you can kind of feel the plastic push in a little

I was bummed but other than cosmetic it's fine
    04-08-09 06:34 PM
    Yep feel right off my lap as I got out mt yukon lookn fresh...plastic case from verizon went flyn one way and phone is face down on concrete. My heart was broken..just left some nice scratches.

04-08-09 08:16 PM
    Today as I was getting out of my car it decided to fall out of my pocket and hit the ground. Thank god for the case loll

04-08-09 08:39 PM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD