damn! i dropped my phone today! i had a silicone case and screen guard and ended up chipping the top corner of my screen.
    i am so pissed! i have OCD when it comes to electronics especially phones like when i had my blackberry curve. what do i do? the chip is killing me!:mad
    12-03-08 03:56 AM
    Don't drop your phone.
    12-03-08 04:25 AM
    I dropped mine, but fortunately it was only from about 3 feet and onto a carpeted floor, so it wasn't hurt. When I think of some of the falls my old Samsung Alias took (and survived) I get a little worried about the Storm. The weight combined with that big free floating screen make it a scary thought. Bummer about the screen...I take it you didn't get the insurance? I'm sure it can be replaced, but will cost a few dollars!
    12-03-08 04:31 AM
    I dropped mine and caught it between my knees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:43 AM
    oh naw... i could still add insurance on to my phone. i still have til this friday.
    would i be able to replace my phone even tho it's not completely broken for the 50 dollar deductible?
    12-03-08 04:48 AM
    I posted in another thread, my first storm lasted a whole 4 days, it wasn't RIMS fault thought I would like to give full credit to myself and one of my drunk friends lol. Lets just say a 3ft drop and a bottle of grey goose broken on the flooer is a baaaaad mix
    12-03-08 06:16 AM
    I was playin Madden 09 at 3am with one of my friends and I threw an interception.... took my phone and slammed it right on my blackberry. Unbelievably it didn't break or scratch.
    12-03-08 07:13 AM
    If the screen is cracked you can get a replacement device for 50 bones. If you are going to add insurance to the phone be absolutely sure you say nothing about the screen. You wouldn't believe how many people damage the phone and have a rep add the insurance feature (outside of the 15 day period) and asurion denies the claim.

12-03-08 07:15 AM
    is it me or is the Storm very very fragile.

Dropped it from about 3ft - it was in a silicone case. Now the screen is loose and rattles.

The first storm I had (four days earlier) I also dropped and the same thing happened - loose screen and a rattle - couldn't make calls after that.

Now, I have owned and dropped many a phone over the past 18 years and no devise has been so fragile.

Anyone else?
    02-12-09 07:06 AM
    damn! i dropped my phone today! i had a silicone case and screen guard and ended up chipping the top corner of my screen.
    i am so pissed! i have OCD when it comes to electronics especially phones like when i had my blackberry curve. what do i do? the chip is killing me!:mad
    buy the hard plastic case that snaps on buy it at verizon they sell a chrome and black one it will take a beaten trust me
    02-12-09 07:09 AM
    I've dropped mine twice, on asphalt/concrete, while taking it out or putting it in the holster. There are a few tiny scratch marks on the metal band, but no real damage. It still works fine and the tiny scratches don't concern me.
    02-12-09 07:32 AM
    Radp,

Don't be crazy, if you have OCD about your phone having scratches, dings, dents, or chips out of it a person like you should ALWAYS buy the insurance. I don't care how good a shape my phone is in as long as the screen still looks nice, and all the buttons work, and I still buy the insurance.

It would be insane not to, especially at this point, since you already know how durable your phone is or in this case is not, i guess. 50.00 bucks is a lot easier to then having to buy the phone without a Verizon plan, which is going to run you a whole lot of money if you don't have the insurance. It always will suck having to shell out extra money for your phone, but it beats having to replace a storm without the insurance... enough to make a grown man cry inside...
    02-12-09 07:37 AM
    I was running to grab something before it blew away and forgot I had my phone in its case on the edge of my pocket rather than my belt. It popped off and of course landed on one of the exposed corners rather than ANY other direction. It now looks like it has bite marks on that corner, and pressing on the rubberized part of the top left corner makes a snapping noise as if you're clipping something back together. Other than that, it seems pretty durable to me - it doesn't seem to have bothered performance at all, so I'm okay with a bit of snap crackle and pop when I squeeze the corner as long as the phone still works.
    02-12-09 07:37 AM
    My job requires that I spend a lot of time on new construction sites. Combine that with my legendary clumsiness, and you find that every phone I've ever owned winds up horribly disfigured.
    It's so bad that it's a point of hilarity to others in my office.

Somehow, some way, I have managed NOT to drop my storm since getting it on launch day.

Im sure I've just doomed myself with this post...
    02-12-09 10:05 AM
    i actually like having scratches on my phones. i had the voyager and i carved my name in the back :-). i dropped that phone all the time. right now i dont have a case or a screen protector on the storm. i will wait and see how durable it is?
    If mine gets damaged, and I need a replacement, can I sell it to you for $50? lol
    02-15-09 04:59 PM
    Dropped my storm for the first time last night, but it was on carpet no biggie

02-15-09 05:21 PM
    My job requires that I spend a lot of time on new construction sites. Combine that with my legendary clumsiness, and you find that every phone I've ever owned winds up horribly disfigured.
    It's so bad that it's a point of hilarity to others in my office.

Somehow, some way, I have managed NOT to drop my storm since getting it on launch day.

Im sure I've just doomed myself with this post...
    What do you use for protection on construction sites? I'm currently just using the leather slip pouch with a VZW screen protector. I got the OEM silicone skin but I'm finding it to be very loose at the sides, and I'm not really into the bulky type covers.

02-15-09 05:56 PM
    Since the last thread like this, I can now say that I have successfully dropped my phone a second time. As reported in the previous thread, day 1 on the driveway and this past week on the hardwood floors in my kitchen.

Knock on wood. All is good.
    02-15-09 06:31 PM
    Dropped mine twice onto a hard floor. Have the snap on hard plastic case from verizon and have no damage. The best 20 dollars my wife ever spent.
    02-15-09 07:15 PM
    My son dropped my phone yesterday while we were in Starbucks. Thankfully, I have the skin guard on it. No scratches. Whew!
    02-15-09 08:34 PM
    I dropped mine the day after I got it. I dropped it on concrete. Luckily I had it in a cute, pink, silicone gel skin. It does not have a scratch on it and works just FABulously!
    02-15-09 08:44 PM
    i actually like having scratches on my phones. i had the voyager and i carved my name in the back :-). i dropped that phone all the time. right now i dont have a case or a screen protector on the storm. i will wait and see how durable it is?
    Wow dude your brave
    02-15-09 09:20 PM
    I dropped my replacement that had an awesome click onto a tile floor. It was in the faux leather sleeve case but of course it hit on the exposed upper corner. After than the whole bottom of my screen wouldn't click at all, though it was nothing a few well placed pieces of plastic card couldn't fix haha

02-15-09 09:29 PM
    I dropped my replacement that had an awesome click onto a tile floor. It was in the faux leather sleeve case but of course it hit on the exposed upper corner. After than the whole bottom of my screen wouldn't click at all, though it was nothing a few well placed pieces of plastic card couldn't fix haha

i just did the same exact thing. my storm just randomly fell out of my side clip and hit the tile floor in my kitchen and then the bottom left cornter of the screen stopped workin but i tore apart a business card and threw it in the back of my phone and its almost back to good as new
    02-15-09 09:31 PM
    yea ive dropped mine a few times on asphalt and the chrome is starting to scratch which sucks but it hasnt affected the performance of the phone which is what I really care about
    02-15-09 09:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD