Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-29-12 at 05:19 PM.
    11-03-09 07:21 AM
    I have liked Bing (Live) maps for some time. I was happy when the Bing icon showed up and has maps. I thought sweet, I can uninstall Google Maps. Well I may be going back. If you turn on traffic in Bing Maps it constantly blanks out and redraws the map. This makes it worthless. Turn off traffic and it works well.

The other problem is it only works in portrait. Oh well, as usual MS did it half right.

jrohland
    The portrait only issue is the reason I deleted it. Compatibility mode was already disabled so you couldn't do that. It's not bad other then that I think.
    11-03-09 08:02 AM
    I'm actually surprized it worked that good. I'm actually still using it. Google maps would always freeze up my phon of I zoomed in more than once. So I deleted it and just used. The BB maps. when I read that Bing had maps I thought I would give it a try. other than a few issues like not being able to view in landscape, I'm happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:16 AM
    I really like Google Maps which works well on my Storm. But I figured I would try out Bing. I didn't like the portrait-only view and I couldn't figure out how to get to the satellite view (if there is one). Plus, I was a little annoyed that the Menu suggests that I go to VZNav (which is a pay app). That's a little too much MS/VZW synergy for me. Ultimately, I wound up uninstalling Bing because I suspected it was causing a memory leak, but I really didn't confirm this last part.
    11-03-09 08:44 AM
    Sounds like I will not be making the switch, thanks for the heads up guys.
    11-03-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD