Hello,
    Just for my on curiosity i ask...anyone considering turning in the storm for a PRE?? I was thinking about it and i can only see two real reasons and one superficial one not to get rid of me BB Storm.

1). BBM
    2). I know the interface already.

Superficial: Its a BB.

So, just curious on your thoughts about the storm and the pre....
    Last edited by LVWILLIAMLV; 01-31-09 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-31-09 11:08 AM
    Hello,
    Just for my on curiosity i ask...anyone considering turning in the storm for a PRE?? I was thinking about it and i can only see two real reasons and one superficial one not to get rid of me BB Storm.

1). BBM
    2). I know the interface already.

Superficial: Its a BB.

So, just curious on your thoughts about the storm and the pre....
    No way. Not impressed by flashy nonsense. Also, the Sprint network is like a dog with only hind legs.
    01-31-09 11:12 AM
    Sprint is a definite deal breaker for me.

Not that I would switch anyway, but I might consider having both if the Pre were available on Verizon or AT&T
    01-31-09 11:13 AM
    No way. Not impressed by flashy nonsense. Also, the Sprint network is like a dog with only hind legs.
    How do you figure the Verizon network is better than Sprint? I'm curious, because for $99 per month, I get unlimited everything, which includes roaming on to the Verizon network.

Now, the original question by the op is a good one. The Storm is actually what I would call "flashy nonsense", as compared to the Curve, Bold, etc. that you can actually get some real work done on.

The Pre looks promising, but I just don't know yet. Depends on how it all shakes down with the features of the phone. What I CAN tell you is that you should seriously consider dumping your Storm for a Curve or Bold.
    01-31-09 11:16 AM
    i dream about the day when you can buy ANY phone on ANY carrier

the market is too segmented right now by this "exclusivity" garbage and contracts
    01-31-09 11:18 AM
    i dream about the day when you can buy ANY phone on ANY carrier

the market is too segmented right now by this "exclusivity" garbage and contracts
    +1, absolutely with U. Germany: the same!
    01-31-09 11:21 AM
    Not even if the Pre was for Verizon. Never would change a blackberry for a palm...
    Storm for a Pre?
    NO WAY!
    01-31-09 11:26 AM
    Sprint blows. That alone will hinder the PRE's sellability a bit.

Also, we still don't know squat about the PRE's email capabilities. If it sucks as bad as the G1 when it comes to corporate email integration (i.e. no ActiveSync or other type of Exchange integration) then it's a useless POS.
    01-31-09 11:27 AM
    Palms are just not in the same league as BB
    01-31-09 11:28 AM
    How do you figure the Verizon network is better than Sprint? I'm curious, because for $99 per month, I get unlimited everything, which includes roaming on to the Verizon network.

Now, the original question by the op is a good one. The Storm is actually what I would call "flashy nonsense", as compared to the Curve, Bold, etc. that you can actually get some real work done on.

The Pre looks promising, but I just don't know yet. Depends on how it all shakes down with the features of the phone. What I CAN tell you is that you should seriously consider dumping your Storm for a Curve or Bold.
    The better way to find out is...
    Look around and you'll see how many people are leaving sprint (even with the $99) and how many people are getting verizon...

I'm sure is not about price they are coming from Sprint to Verizon...What could be the reason then?
    01-31-09 11:30 AM
    I get unlimited everything, which includes roaming on to the Verizon network.
    This is a commonly misunderstood situation. Sprint does roam on Verizon in some areas but not in all. Also, Verizon only lets Sprint users roam at 1X no EVDO. Sprint and T-Mobile are cheaper for a reason. No business would sell their service that far below the market if their product was equal to their competition. I have personally used Sprint and it was a nightmare with all the 'pockets' of poor or no service. No comparison to AT&T or VZW.
    01-31-09 11:32 AM
    If it's available on Verizon and if it retains multitouch functionality (despite Apple's best attempts), I would certainly conisder it
    01-31-09 11:34 AM
    Palms are just not in the same league as BB
    I agree with that statment with regard to the PalmOS of old.

The Pre is a completely new OS based on WebKit and Linux, IIRC. This could actually be a really, really good OS.

Won't go to Sprint though.
    01-31-09 11:34 AM

How do you figure the Storm is flashy? Its all about preference and what the individual is looking for.
    01-31-09 11:39 AM
    The Pre looks to have a better "user experience", and I'm digging the slide out keyboard. Seems like a well thought out device and I would definitely consider it over my Storm.

I would miss BBM and push email but I would love the improved web browsing, physical keyboard, and beautiful OS. Who knows though, if the Storm gets enough OS updates and I end up being satisfied I'll keep it around.
    01-31-09 11:42 AM
    I'm more than happy with my first BlackBerry - quirks and all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 11:43 AM
    I am pretty excited about the Pre, it looks to be a great Platform and phone so far. Only time will tell though! .. I am disappointed though that Verizon seems to skip most of the cutting edge hardware that comes out, I cannot see myself leaving Verizon for Sprint. I would suspect that if all goes well it would eventually end up on the Verizon network and at that point I would seriously consider it. I love the premise of consolidation!
    01-31-09 11:46 AM

I live in Brooklyn, and have a friend who uses Sprint. I consistently get better service than she does. She doesn't get service in her apartment, I do. My phone bill is less than yours per month and is exactly what I need, unlimited txt, e-mail, internet, etc etc. The horror stories of friends and family in regards to Sprint's customer service are endless.

I would not call the Storm flashy nonsense. It is an interface based on simplicity and ease of use. I use my Storm for work as well as personal use, and get plenty of work done. If your user information is any indication, you don't own or use a Storm, and thus have no input as to how much work you can get done on one.
    01-31-09 11:50 AM
    This is a commonly misunderstood situation. Sprint does roam on Verizon in some areas but not in all. Also, Verizon only lets Sprint users roam at 1X no EVDO. Sprint and T-Mobile are cheaper for a reason. No business would sell their service that far below the market if their product was equal to their competition. I have personally used Sprint and it was a nightmare with all the 'pockets' of poor or no service. No comparison to AT&T or VZW.
    Might be the case for you, but not for me. I've had great coverage and I travel quite a bit.
    01-31-09 11:55 AM
    The better way to find out is...
    Look around and you'll see how many people are leaving sprint (even with the $99) and how many people are getting verizon...

I'm sure is not about price they are coming from Sprint to Verizon...What could be the reason then?
    It's because Sprint's customer service has been awful for years, and they are also one of the last to get the new phones. Well, their customer service has improved quite a bit lately, but the real improvement is that if your bill never changes because you have unlimited everything, why the **** would you even call customer care that often? Also, they are apparently working on getting the cooler new phones, or we wouldn't be talking about how Sprint is the first to get the Pre. They do need to work on getting new BlackBerries, but I'm hearing they are getting a new version of the Bold soon that'll make the rest of you guys envious.
    01-31-09 11:58 AM
    even if the pre comes to verizon, verizon will wash it down anyway. you know it will have a slower prossesor and therefor would never run as smoothly as it would on sprints network.

i looks at alot of other possiblities before coming to my storm. i loved Windows Mobile but there was nothing out there or that was coming out yhat could even compare with the storm.

dont forget this is palms last dying attempt to reveive themselves there last couple phones have been less than ground breaking and underperformed. i spent more money on software and upgrades to my 700wx than i did on the phone itself. dont count on the pre being as nice as it looks right now. wait and see maybe when they release a second version it might be worth getting.
    PLUS ITS UGLY AS SIN
    01-31-09 11:58 AM
    How do you figure the Storm is flashy? Its all about preference and what the individual is looking for.
    Oh, man. Just go check out the flood of threads about people on this very forum knocking the Storm and it's inability to do even the most simple of tasks. I'm not going there. That dead horse has been beat already. I'm just saying it is ironic that a guy that owns a Storm of all phones, would call the Pre flashy.
    01-31-09 12:00 PM
    Sprint is the primary dealbreaker for me. I had an Instinct and Sprint still owes me money from their 30d guarantee.

The secondary dealbreaker is the keyboard. I don't do physical keyboards anymore.
    01-31-09 12:00 PM
    That UI looks great. When they come to Verizon AND make another device (I'm not digging the "pebble" look) I will switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 12:03 PM
    I live in Brooklyn, and have a friend who uses Sprint. I consistently get better service than she does. She doesn't get service in her apartment, I do. My phone bill is less than yours per month and is exactly what I need, unlimited txt, e-mail, internet, etc etc. The horror stories of friends and family in regards to Sprint's customer service are endless.

I would not call the Storm flashy nonsense. It is an interface based on simplicity and ease of use. I use my Storm for work as well as personal use, and get plenty of work done. If your user information is any indication, you don't own or use a Storm, and thus have no input as to how much work you can get done on one.
    If you used as many minutes talking as I do, you wouldn't be saying this. I don't hang out at your friend's appartment, so I could care less. I get great coverage in the areas I find myself.

Also, how can you keep calling the kettle black with this nonsense? You're dogging me because I don't own a storm, and therefore don't "know how much work can get done on one", and yet you're dogging the Pre that NOBODY has been able to purchase yet??????
    01-31-09 12:06 PM
121 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD