Maybe...if it comes to VZW and it is all its cracked up to be and there isnt a 2nd gen storm out (because by the time Pre comes to VZW I'll be up for another NE2 lol).

As it stands Sprint is the deal breaker..I would NEVER go to sprint over VZW, (id go to ATT first). and I sure as **** wont be buying an unlocked pre for $700+ off Ebay just to port it over to VZW.

Maybe if someone I know with sprint doesnt want their upgrade I'll look into it but that sounds like too much of a hassle also.
    01-31-09 12:09 PM
    Can you tell me more about the roaming for free on Verizon?
    If you have the Sprint $99 Simply Everything Plan, and you lose Sprint coverage in a particular area, it will jump on to the Verizon network for voice and data. This has been the case in the past, but roaming fees made it prohibitive, to where I just set my phone on just the Sprint network. Now that I don't have to worry about roaming fees, and I get unlimited minutes on both networks, I just leave it and get great coverage.
    01-31-09 12:10 PM
    If you have the Sprint $99 Simply Everything Plan, and you lose Sprint coverage in a particular area, it will jump on to the Verizon network for voice and data. This has been the case in the past, but roaming fees made it prohibitive, to where I just set my phone on just the Sprint network. Now that I don't have to worry about roaming fees, and I get unlimited minutes on both networks, I just leave it and get great coverage.
    Ok, unless if something changed, in the past you could only use voice on Roaming I thought...never data? Or was I misinformed?
    01-31-09 12:11 PM
    Nope. The design doesn't appeal to me, it looks like a cheesey poker handheld game. Whether the device runs good or not, it's still on Sprint and imo Sprint is the bottom of the food chain. I love my Storm, and the more I have it the more I'm happy I got it.
    Last edited by Hanano17; 01-31-09 at 12:23 PM.
    01-31-09 12:13 PM
    Pre looks like it has a great UI and very user friendly OS, But sadly, i won't be leaving VZW for a sub-par wireless carrier... and we get 50% off our bill anyways. lol
    I'd go T-Mobile before sprint.
    01-31-09 12:23 PM
    man there is alot of haters about everything seriously. Anyone on verizon knows that sprint has nothing on the coverage of verizon.. Sprint has gone down hill in coverage and used to have one of the better networks out there. This is pretty easy to see when running around with people who have sprint across the country..

However to hate on the PRE itself is a different story. People here also hate on the iPhone. However with the number of units sold they did something right.

Palm on the other hand started out focusing on Business users. It looks like they have a solid start to a "new os" and you know dang well they will incorporate business things into it. The email didn't look terrible for home users with integrated contact lists gmail, facebook etc..

Thats great for a average user. I personally love BB, but that doesn't stop me from keeping my eyes open for new technology...

keep with the times dont let times keep you.

I am not saying to change to it. I am saying dont ignore and write it off before we even know the full capabilities.
    01-31-09 12:24 PM
    left sprint a year ago. after being on verizon's network there is no phone that would attract me back.
    01-31-09 12:27 PM
    If you used as many minutes talking as I do, you wouldn't be saying this. I don't hang out at your friend's appartment, so I could care less. I get great coverage in the areas I find myself.

Also, how can you keep calling the kettle black with this nonsense? You're dogging me because I don't own a storm, and therefore don't "know how much work can get done on one", and yet you're dogging the Pre that NOBODY has been able to purchase yet??????
    Um, I never "dogged" the Pre, I simply said I wouldn't switch from my BB to the Pre because I don't care about flashiness. I saw nothing in the videos that my BB doesn't do in terms of function.

I also use a lot of minutes, but most everyone I know has Verizon, so it doesn't matter. The minutes I have are more than enough for the people I talk to who are not on Verizon.

I like how you're getting all up in arms simply because I stated the reasons why I would not switch to Sprint to get a Pre. YOU asked ME how I figured Verizon's network was better than Sprint's, so I told you.

You should probably also look up the definition of 'irony'. And perhaps we just have different opinions on what is flashy. To me, the Storm isn't all about glitz and glamor. Its simple, easy to use, and doesn't rely on 'oooh' and 'ahhs' to get by.
    01-31-09 12:32 PM
    Why would anyone even consider switching to Sprint? I would never switch to Sprint even if they were giving away free Vertu (which is a fugly phone itself) with every new account... My opinion - Sprint needs to go away.
    01-31-09 12:40 PM
    Absolutely, positively... NOPE!
    01-31-09 12:44 PM
    Not me. The form factor is just about the exact opposite of what I want in a phone. And the fact that it's on Sprint eliminates it from the get go for me anyway.
    01-31-09 12:47 PM
    Even if I wanted to go to the Pre, I wouldn't just because of the cost of switching. Ending my VZW contract just to get a fancy new phone is silly. Plus I'm loving my Storm (.90), and although other BB users seem to dog on it, I would think they'd love a million new friends out there using BB. It's almost like there's some sort of envy going on here...
    01-31-09 12:49 PM
    I have yet to see the advantages of the Pre, regardless of the device comparing it to. The screen is smaller, I didn't see an on screen keyboard, not to mention the top row of keys is RIGHT next to the top part. Should be tons of fun to type words that include keys on the top row... you know words that include e, i, o, u, y, t, p, w. Like if I wanted to type the words, wipe out, it would be difficult.

For touch device in terms of fun: iPhone, Storm, all others.
    For touch device in terms of use: Storm, iPhone, others
    For touch device in terms of newness: Storm, Pre, iPhone
    For touch device in terms of typing: Storm, Pre, anything that has a keyboard, anything that DOESN'T have a keyboard, iPhone
    For touch device in terms of security: Storm....that's it

As you can see by this extensive analytical comparative data, the Storm clearly (in the best Neal voice) is ahead.
    01-31-09 12:50 PM
    Why would anyone even consider switching to Sprint? I would never switch to Sprint even if they were giving away free Vertu (which is a fugly phone itself) with every new account... My opinion - Sprint needs to go away.
    lol.. or at least boughten out and restructured.
    01-31-09 12:52 PM
    How do you figure the Verizon network is better than Sprint? I'm curious, because for $99 per month, I get unlimited everything, which includes roaming on to the Verizon network.
    The price you pay for your Sprint plan doesn't have anything to do with how well their service works, it just means that you pay a cheaper price.
    01-31-09 12:54 PM
    "boughten" isn't a word...

I agree with pretty much everything minigts said. Plus, no one even knows how the Pre will perform under extensive use after it is released.

Also, I'd rather switch to metroPCS or get a pay as you go phone than go back to Sprint(had them years ago before vzw).
    Last edited by Hanano17; 01-31-09 at 01:00 PM.
    01-31-09 12:58 PM
    Boughten isn't, but BROUGHTEN is. They used it in Not Another Teen Movie, so the word is real.
    01-31-09 01:00 PM
    EDIT: Good, cheesey movie haha
    Last edited by Hanano17; 01-31-09 at 01:14 PM.
    01-31-09 01:01 PM
    Well I was making a joke ; it reminded me of the movie. That whole scene was hilarious.
    01-31-09 01:08 PM
    Yeah, that's my bad...I thought that was him responding, I got the users mixed up lol.
    01-31-09 01:13 PM
    As soon as it hits VZW I am ALL OVER THAT! I am a palmanite as pure as they come! I love their design and software culture... if you will.
    01-31-09 02:53 PM
    Wow, you are right. You crushed my feelings. My total intellect went out the door along with my hopes and dreams of being an English professor. My college education now means nothing.. So, i made it up? :-) Sorry for making a mistake. Glad you were able to catch that one though. Thanks professor.
    I thought i had a restraining order against you?
    01-31-09 02:58 PM
    Why would you leave a blackberry for anything, especially for sprint?

Going to sprint service is a failure in itself and I wish anyone luck that is brave enough to attempt it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:03 PM
    not dumping the storm for it... but possibly adding it to the line up
    01-31-09 03:11 PM
    not dumping the storm for it... but possibly adding it to the line up
    Well I suppose going that route isn't too bad of an idea then. Especially with how cheap you can get a sprint line with data for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:15 PM
121 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD