View Poll Results: How would you feel about a summer release of Storm 2

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Storm rocks and I want this one too!

1 7.69%
  • Please fix the one I have!

3 23.08%
  • Who cares? Technology is evolving faster than ever.

3 23.08%
  • Didn't it just come out 6 months ago!?

2 15.38%
  • Man, I just hope it's better than version 1.0

4 30.77%
    New Storm out this summer? Pure speculation, but what are you feelings? Sound off.

Storm 2 could drop on Verizon sooner than expected : Boy Genius Report
    05-19-09 12:01 PM
    it'll be fun, see?

people will go ape over storm2 in its first few months, realize they dont like it and start complaining about its faults and we'll have TWO generations of pathetic whiners who cant program their wristwatch on this site

i, for one, cant wait!
    05-19-09 12:03 PM
    So, at around the 1 year mark, they have a new model out. Sounds like marketing SOP to me.
    05-19-09 12:04 PM
    it'll be fun, see?

people will go ape over storm2 in its first few months, realize they dont like it and start complaining about its faults and we'll have TWO generations of pathetic whiners who cant program their wristwatch on this site

i, for one, cant wait!
    I'm with you. I for one didn't like the 1st Storm, but I am looking forward to the next one. I have to test drive to see if it's the device for me (until something else comes out lol).
    05-19-09 12:07 PM
    So, at around the 1 year mark, they have a new model out. Sounds like marketing SOP to me.
    1 year or 6 months?
    05-19-09 12:12 PM
    I love my storm but I knew that Rim would develop something new, I mean the technology that is being developed today will be outdated by this afternoon. I for one just hope that if they do drop Storm 2 in the near future they dont cut all of us original storm users loose cause i know my storm still has a lot of unlocked potential
    05-19-09 12:13 PM
    I love my storm but I knew that Rim would develop something new, I mean the technology that is being developed today will be outdated by this afternoon. I for one just hope that if they do drop Storm 2 in the near future they dont cut all of us original storm users loose cause i know my storm still has a lot of unlocked potential
    I agree for the most part. Technology does develop at a very fast pace, but wouldn't you agree that 6-8 months is a quick turnaround even for a smartphone especially given RIM's history with releasing devices? Just wondering. Especially when the Storm was hyped so much and then presumably replaced so easy. Of course this is all speculation so we don't know what the release date will actually be. RIM can probably just be suiting up to go against another version of the iPhone and Pre this summer. So we'll see.
    05-19-09 12:20 PM
    I'm with you. I for one didn't like the 1st Storm, but I am looking forward to the next one. I have to test drive to see if it's the device for me (until something else comes out lol).
    ahaha um maybe you misread my post
    05-19-09 12:44 PM
    blackberry should just stick with physical key pad. I mean look at the storm it was a disaster.
    05-19-09 12:48 PM
    ahaha um maybe you misread my post
    LOL. Nope. Your last comment was "I for one can't wait". I agree with those sentiments because I am always looking for the next device. I'll be checking it out too. But the other stuff you wrote about the whiners, no comment
    05-19-09 12:49 PM
    blackberry should just stick with physical key pad. I mean look at the storm it was a disaster.
    LOL. People are going to flame you and it's going to get out of hand and the Mods will shut it down. Guess you can't help yourself. Back on topic please...
    05-19-09 12:50 PM
    what's this? captain mctrolls has something to say?!!

I have something to tell you mctrolls, RIM is STILL making physical keyboard blackberries! They're available! Go now! for the good of the country! There might be one or two left in stores

LOL. Nope. Your last comment was "I for one can't wait". I agree with those sentiments because I am always looking for the next device. I'll be checking it out too. But the other stuff you wrote about the whiners, no comment
    hahahah! well met, sir

and on topic, i think new devices are always good for the system. The storm2 will help separate the click screen lovers from the non
    05-19-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD