View Poll Results: What is your Satifaction level with VZW's .607?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love 607, great job releasing it Big Red!!!!

74 39.15%
  • Verizon Q & A Should be fired! HATED IT!

42 22.22%
  • It's ok, but I'm ready for the next leak!

73 38.62%
    Lots of love floating around here for the new OS....before I take the plunge, can anyone tell me how the bottom button issue is compared to the 320 OS? Also, read about some drop call issues...can anyone comment on that?
    no trouble with calls or buttons here.
    04-07-10 02:41 PM
    no trouble with calls or buttons here.
    Thanks Dave.....I am always nervous of these things because I rely so heavy on my bb for business.
    04-07-10 02:47 PM
    Just got my S2 a few days ago and the first thing I did was load up .607. Battery life is great and no leaks what so ever and as for the few apps that are having issues I can patiently wait for some of the newer updates to come out to fix the issues......
    04-07-10 02:53 PM
    I am very happy. My home screen icons are updating, typing is faster, screen response feels better and after a couple days of use, I feel comfortable saying my battery life is actually a little better.

Sensobi is the only app that I have found not working perfectly. While I do not have the Opera bug that others have discussed, Sensobi is not going full screen for me any longer. I am not that upset, b/c I am still a little ambivalent about the program to begin with. That is another story for another thread.
    04-07-10 02:55 PM
    I don't seem to understand why there is soo much negative feedback from this update...

The weather now updates on the home screen....the clicking is soo much more responsive.....the brighter blue and letters/numbers displayed above your finger on the keyboard is a huge plus....Never used BING anyways so who cares.....

I think many of the issues are from being paranoid, purposely looking for glitches and or battery or memory leaks.

Our phones are great and so is this update!
    I am loving the same exact things!!! This update works very well!
    04-07-10 02:56 PM
    I heard the .607 build doesn't play nicely with themes. Anyone confirm?
    04-07-10 02:57 PM
    I have rocked out a few themes these past few days and they work just fine for me. Even without any leaks...... Give it a whirl...
    04-07-10 02:59 PM
    Edited the title slightly and added a poll.
    04-07-10 03:10 PM
    I'm sporting the idroid theme found on the crackberry app store and all good here! It is a very nice layout and with this new upgrade, the weather updates now on the home screen.

I have tons of apps and not a problem with either one
    04-07-10 03:30 PM
    I don't seem to understand why there is soo much negative feedback from this update...

The weather now updates on the home screen....the clicking is soo much more responsive.....the brighter blue and letters/numbers displayed above your finger on the keyboard is a huge plus....Never used BING anyways so who cares.....

I think many of the issues are from being paranoid, purposely looking for glitches and or battery or memory leaks.

Our phones are great and so is this update!
    because almost everything you list was in the previous builds and is not new. The only thing that is really new is a broken BBM chat, shazam and apps that reset the phone. The phone operates a little faster and they did fix some minor issues but overall what now doesnt work outweighs the improvements really for most people.
    04-07-10 03:35 PM
    because almost everything you list was in the previous builds and is not new. The only thing that is really new is a broken BBM chat, shazam and apps that reset the phone. The phone operates a little faster and they did fix some minor issues but overall what now doesnt work outweighs the improvements really for most people.
    Such as????

A broken BBM chat??? I never use it

Shazam, never tried it.........

Why are soo many people having different results?? I doubt Verizon would release an update with soo many bugs
    04-07-10 03:40 PM
    glad i updated...no issues with anything so far
    04-07-10 03:45 PM
    Answers to this will be all over the place. Works just fine with my AppleBerry 2.0 theme.

04-07-10 03:45 PM
    Such as????

A broken BBM chat??? I never use it

Shazam, never tried it.........

Why are soo many people having different results?? I doubt Verizon would release an update with soo many bugs
    but tons of people do

you said

and i told you why

how bout if they break the homescreen update again or take the popup keys away. Would you be praising the OS then. didnt think so!

try to use some common sense!
    04-07-10 03:56 PM
    I understand that, but could it be that most of these problems are caused by problems with people's settings?

If you aren't happy, then why did you upgrade?? Be it the hybrid or whatever version you might have
    04-07-10 04:10 PM
    I understand that, but could it be that most of these problems are caused by problems with people's settings?

If you aren't happy, then why did you upgrade?? Be it the hybrid or whatever version you might have
    i have a higher version of BBM where the problem seems fixed and dont use shazam often enough that it matters. the majority of people dont have this BBM though so they still have no good work around. So they downgrade to 517 which doesnt have these issues and works damn near perfect
    04-07-10 04:28 PM
    From what I have read it seems that if you use the chat in BBM, if you use Opera, if you use I heartradio, if you use google maps (and upgrade to the new version), if you need to use the VPN fuctionality for you work/business, then this upgrade is not a good one as it seems all those features/apps and others do not work correclty in release .607.
    04-07-10 04:36 PM
    I've had no problems so far, besides forgetting to re-sign into Google Sync and forgetting that I could restore my settings from the memory card for QuickLaunch. Nothing astoundingly cool about the build for me, but nothing bad either.
    04-07-10 04:37 PM
    hate it hate it hate it. Im getting that opera problem. The whole things slows and takes forever to do anything mostly. I find myself incredibly frustrated. Also my contacts got all screwed up. [explitive]
    04-07-10 04:46 PM
    i have a higher version of BBM where the problem seems fixed and dont use shazam often enough that it matters. the majority of people dont have this BBM though so they still have no good work around. So they downgrade to 517 which doesnt have these issues and works damn near perfect
    I haven't really had any problems, but hearing of all of these issues makes me wonder if maybe i'm just not seeing something.

What does the 607 have that the 517 doesn't?? I just purchased my storm 2 about 3weeks ago and I believe it came with the 320 software......how would I go about downgrading to the 517? would it be best? Would my weather still update on the homescreen? Letters above the keys?
    04-07-10 04:57 PM
    Found a way around the BBM group keyboard not showing up. BB menu button-new chat-cancel and the keyboard shows up. Everything else is working out great. I am glad to have upgraded.
    I haven't had this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 05:37 PM
    Haha, right. These forums are full of haters, that's all that gets posted is whining and crying.
    04-07-10 05:43 PM
    No issues for me. Keyboard works great, sensitivity over all is impressive! I'm looking forward to seeing how everything else works in the days to come. Only disappointment is my IM Plus doesn't work correctly. Hopefully they'll get me a fix very soon!

04-07-10 06:03 PM
    I'm digging it. No issues so far.

04-07-10 06:26 PM
    The combination of .607 and the replacement phone I got yesterday (made in Canada) are great. All my other devices were made in Mexico and were crap. No uneven bezel on this one and the keyboard response is very even and responsive
    04-07-10 06:28 PM
102 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD