View Poll Results: What is your Satifaction level with VZW's .607?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love 607, great job releasing it Big Red!!!!

74 39.15%
  • Verizon Q & A Should be fired! HATED IT!

42 22.22%
  • It's ok, but I'm ready for the next leak!

73 38.62%
    I'm perfectly content with the 607 build. Phone works perfect. Zero issues. Improved a lot of things. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-10 09:56 PM
    I am very happy with .607. I read tons of the pages in the findings and fixes and was not really looking forward to updating but decided to give it a chance. I have been running it since last night and have been extremely pleased with the performance of the OS. So to answer the original question, I am happy.

04-06-10 10:04 PM
    Happy here too

04-06-10 10:06 PM
    pig in $hit here...
    04-06-10 10:09 PM
    Heck yes! It was worth the wait...I have no issues whatsoever and see great improvements in memory and battery life over 320. The keyboard works like a charm, too! I am completely satisfied.
    04-06-10 10:09 PM
    I'm pretty happy with it too.. Battery draw after 24+ hours is averaging 1.9%, pretty decent......

So, the question that begs to be asked is if it is a good build for some (the majority I'm guessing) then why are the others having problems of one sort or another with .607? Did they download from different sources, have non compatible apps installed, have something go wrong during installation? Are their phones somehow different? Why the disparity?

R...
    04-06-10 10:18 PM
    I've yet to have any problems with the new OS. Everything is running perfectly and my phone has never been faster. The browser is significantly improved and I have also had no problems with any 3rd party apps.
    04-06-10 10:26 PM
    This new build is doing wonders for my Storm. My average amount of memory went from around 95 to 117 is where it has been all day pretty much. It is a little early to tell about the battery but right now I'm sitting at 76% and it had a full charge in the morning. The screen seems slightly more responsive. The other change I have really noticed so far is the keyboard is a little different but I think I like it slightly more this new way.

All in all I'm very pleased with this being my first Blackberry OS upgrade since this is my first Blackberry I got back in November and I'm on my original, no returns.

I also noticed the Home Screen Preferences changed, at least the layout of it.
    04-06-10 10:34 PM
    The only problem I have is some of my contacts are mixed up and I have some duplicates. Any way to fix that? But other than that I love it..

04-06-10 10:35 PM
    Installed this morning, no complaints so far.
    04-06-10 10:40 PM
    I'm pretty happy.....My only concern is my battery life......It drops 10% with minimal use.

04-06-10 10:53 PM
    I had the same exact problem with past builds...found out it was a 3rd party app that was affecting the battery...removed the app and been great every since..

I'm pretty happy.....My only concern is my battery life......It drops 10% with minimal use.

04-06-10 10:56 PM
    Totally happy. Some people want a perfect world. If you want that, you know where you can go...:-).
    04-06-10 10:59 PM
    I just upgraded to the lates OS and I am happy, but for BBM Groups no keyboard?
    04-06-10 11:24 PM
    glad I updated to 607. minor issues with a couple apps aren't deal breakers.
    04-06-10 11:30 PM
    I am very happy with .607. I read tons of the pages in the findings and fixes and was not really looking forward to updating but decided to give it a chance. I have been running it since last night and have been extremely pleased with the performance of the OS. So to answer the original question, I am happy.

dot

10char
    04-06-10 11:35 PM
    Found a way around the BBM group keyboard not showing up. BB menu button-new chat-cancel and the keyboard shows up. Everything else is working out great. I am glad to have upgraded.
    04-06-10 11:45 PM
    Found a way around the BBM group keyboard not showing up. BB menu button-new chat-cancel and the keyboard shows up. Everything else is working out great. I am glad to have upgraded.
    You are about the 42nd person to state that work around recently.
    04-07-10 12:04 AM
    I don't seem to understand why there is soo much negative feedback from this update...

The weather now updates on the home screen....the clicking is soo much more responsive.....the brighter blue and letters/numbers displayed above your finger on the keyboard is a huge plus....Never used BING anyways so who cares.....

I think many of the issues are from being paranoid, purposely looking for glitches and or battery or memory leaks.

Our phones are great and so is this update!
    04-07-10 01:35 PM
    Perfectly happy with this update!
    04-07-10 01:37 PM
    super happy!!! This thing rocks now! My speed dials even work again? Most complaining fools are tech brain dead
    04-07-10 01:39 PM
    super happy!!! This thing rocks now! My speed dials even work again? Most complaining fools are tech brain dead
    I agree

Many problems are from not setting up the app settings correctly after the upgrade. Remember people, many things were reset or moved to a default setting after the upgrade
    04-07-10 01:45 PM
    I'm very happy with this OS...one of my main concerns was typing lag, which has only occured about 2 or 3 times so far for me, as opposed to all the time on a few previous OS versions.
    04-07-10 02:10 PM
    I had that too and was wondering, until I realized I had forgotten to set my defaults to my preferred email address. The update had defaulted back to a blackberry/vzw address and that resulted in some duplicates (does anyone really USE those domains for their email? The only reason I even have one was primarily to set up my Smart Guard.).

Other than that, all is well here. I am having some inkling of an idea that battery use may have increased. Everyone is reporting averages but if you have an app such as Meterberry, I've noticed that phone calls and internet surfing seem to use more battery life than before. I'm still watching it, might just be my imagination. It's certainly nothing drastic, but the jury is still out for me on this.

The only problem I have is some of my contacts are mixed up and I have some duplicates. Any way to fix that? But other than that I love it..

04-07-10 02:15 PM
    Lots of love floating around here for the new OS....before I take the plunge, can anyone tell me how the bottom button issue is compared to the 320 OS? Also, read about some drop call issues...can anyone comment on that?
    04-07-10 02:39 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD