mifi sounds awesome. i wonder how much extra that will be.
    10-18-09 12:25 PM
    HUMM so what do you guys think of this? Im getting closer to proving you all wrong. I keep telling it WILL release inNOV. I have a real reliable source
    Verizon's Intranet BlackBerry Storm2 Blog Post Updated: No Confirmed Launch Date At This Time?!
    http://crackberry.com/verizons-intra...unch-date-time
    10-18-09 01:21 PM
    HUMM so what do you guys think of this? Im getting closer to proving you all wrong. I keep telling it WILL release inNOV. I have a real reliable source
    Verizon's Intranet BlackBerry Storm2 Blog Post Updated: No Confirmed Launch Date At This Time?!
    Verizon's Intranet BlackBerry Storm2 Blog Post Updated: No Confirmed Launch Date At This Time?! | CrackBerry.com
    you do know that a company can launch a product the day after they announce it right?
    10-18-09 01:23 PM
    Verizon's Intranet BlackBerry Storm2 Blog Post Updated: No Confirmed Launch Date At This Time?! | CrackBerry.com
    We heard about this BEFORE we had the screen shot of VZW's Infomanager.

If you're so right, then leave us alone.
    10-18-09 01:25 PM
    to me it looks like the infomanager pictures saying the 10/21 launch is just when verizon is getting material to announce the storm2.
    10-18-09 02:43 PM
    all that says is the reps have to tell us that. It says responding to storm inquires. How many people have heard that almost word for word from an employee of vzw ?
    10-18-09 02:47 PM
    to me it looks like the infomanager pictures saying the 10/21 launch is just when verizon is getting material to announce the storm2.
    A few people have mentioned that, but what does the title of that document say in bold black writing?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/an...ml#post3841785
    10-18-09 02:53 PM
    My personal opinion, all of this sounds like an online only launch on 10/21, and then in store some days after. It's not uncharacteristic of VZW to do this. I hope I'm wrong and all of the stores have it on 10/21, though. I can't wait to buy this baby.
    10-18-09 02:57 PM
    My personal opinion, all of this sounds like an online only launch on 10/21, and then in store some days after. It's not uncharacteristic of VZW to do this. I hope I'm wrong and all of the stores have it on 10/21, though. I can't wait to buy this baby.
    I'm thinking the same thing. If Verizon can't get enough supplies out to all their stores by 10/21 for a proper launch, they'll probably still announce & launch the device online for the first few days/1 week, and then start selling the phone in stores once their stores have gotten their shipments.

I talked to a lady from the employee phone team with Verizon Wireless, since I'm on an employee account, and she gave me the "we're releasing the phone but we don't have a release date to give you at this time" spiel, and I was calling from a phone that was flagged as an employee phone! That means this is just a blanket statement they're using until they have something completely solid to go on. They won't even say anything to fellow employees or people on employees' accounts.

I should call them back at *611 from my phone and start asking a bunch of questions, see what I get. Is there an app that can record voice conversations on a blackberry? Lol, I'd record it and post it.
    10-18-09 03:12 PM
    yup im betting on a 10/21 online release , and they will proably be in stores the following day , aka thursday when they get shipments.
    10-18-09 03:29 PM
    Anyone want to call *611 and ask/politely harass them? I'm too chicken****. :-)
    10-18-09 03:30 PM
    They're just reps, what are they going to do to you? They'll just say they can't confirm anything blah blah.
    10-18-09 04:25 PM
    my "source" told me it was delayed. had something to do with the screen mechanism.

something about faulty ball bearings
    10-18-09 06:55 PM
    I'm new to Blackberry & I've been waiting on the Storm 2, my only question is; the age of the Rim programing is kind of old, true it has an update but how much longer before the Rims programing becomes outdated? Thanks
    10-18-09 11:33 PM
    all that says is the reps have to tell us that. It says responding to storm inquires. How many people have heard that almost word for word from an employee of vzw ?
    Its only logical that Verizon would issue a script to their reps in order to make sure that the reps give a uniform answer to all inquiries.
    10-19-09 12:25 PM
    if there is any truth to this infomanager circular, or whatever you call it, then we should be able to go to any VZW store after hours on tuesday night and see storm2 signs in the windows, correct? if nothing else, it will give you something interesting to do on a tuesday night.
    10-19-09 11:53 PM
    It makes complete sence! Read all the way through!!!They are giving the Storm 1 away for free. I would have to say that we will see the Storm2 the 21st without promotion before, so they can continue to try and empty out as many as possible. Even if people have 30 days to return the first one. I WOULDNT EVEN BE SURPRISED IF THEY DONT ADVERTISE TILL AFTER ITS BEEN OUT FOR 30 DAYS so the people that got the 1st one the 20th will be stuck. That's why in the picture is says that promotion will be up to the store manager. They would never say that if my theiry is right. Sounds kinda stupid but at the same time smart... What do you think???
    10-20-09 12:56 AM
    It makes complete sence! Read all the way through!!!They are giving the Storm 1 away for free. I would have to say that we will see the Storm2 the 21st without promotion before, so they can continue to try and empty out as many as possible. Even if people have 30 days to return the first one. I WOULDNT EVEN BE SURPRISED IF THEY DONT ADVERTISE TILL AFTER ITS BEEN OUT FOR 30 DAYS so the people that got the 1st one the 20th will be stuck. That's why in the picture is says that promotion will be up to the store manager. They would never say that if my theiry is right. Sounds kinda stupid but at the same time smart... What do you think???
    Why do u keep posting the same thing all over the forum?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/bl...ml#post3860844
    10-20-09 02:13 AM
    I spoke with one friend at Verizon today & he mailed to my other (inside) friend & his word is the day is -not- known for release of the Storm 2. He'll call me & mail me as soon as he finds out.
    10-20-09 03:55 PM
    also pay attention to th Verizon site.
    10-20-09 03:56 PM
    Oh yea the Tour 2 also might be arriving with wi/fi. Also was told the Storm 2 price around $249 w/contract.
    10-20-09 03:59 PM
    Oh yea the Tour 2 also might be arriving with wi/fi. Also was told the Storm 2 price around $249 w/contract.
    Every BB after the TOUR will have WIFI been said by CEO of Verizon
    10-20-09 07:26 PM
    so is the storm2 gonna have mifi or what? and will i be able to access the internet on my ipod touch via the storm2? has anyone heard anything more about this? thanks.
    10-22-09 07:30 PM
    It's not listed in the 9550 manual that was posted...not sure if that's definitive or not.
    10-22-09 08:08 PM
199 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD