and *not* having problems with signing into the same account on their Blackberry? I'm talking about a brand new version that just came out in the last week or two, I think it's part of a new "Essentials" pkg Microsoft is touting.

I had to create a new Live Messenger ID a few weeks ago, because installing the beta of the newest Live Messenger caused my Blackberry to fail at login, with a "Server too busy" sort of non-error message (in other words there was an error, it just wasn't anything to do with their server being too busy).

Now they've released the final version, probably 9. something, and I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded their desktop or laptop to this new version and have no problem logging in to Live Messenger on their Blackberry. I don't want to try it until I hear others are doing it since I fulfill a support role at my company under this ID and don't want to have to tell all my contacts to change my contact info for me (again).

Thx, Bob
    01-09-09 03:23 PM
    Where can i get this beta version from? Do you have to be invited like the original live? I would love to check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skinnedcartree; 01-09-09 at 08:15 PM.
    01-09-09 06:01 PM
    No, it's not a beta, and please understand I'm talking about the desktop version here, not a Blackberry version. Anyone can get it here:

Messenger - Windows Live

My question is to those who have installed it, did it break Live Messenger for Blackberry, the one you can download from RIM's website.

The beta version that was available a month or two ago did break BB Live Messenger. If your Live Messenger account is not mission-critical to anything, maybe you can install it and then try to log into the same account with Live Messenger for Blackberry, this one:

BlackBerry - Windows Live Messenger

And tell me if both still work
    Last edited by rvgraham; 01-09-09 at 06:50 PM.
    01-09-09 06:35 PM
    Installing the desktop one now, I'll let you know how it goes.
    01-09-09 08:13 PM
    I have just downloaded it and can still log on my BlackBerrys msn.
    01-09-09 08:52 PM
    Thanks for trying it...

Anything noteworthy about the new PC Messenger interface?
    01-10-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD