I have gotten 5 activation codes , called twice, used chase.mobi and the free banking application from Verizon with no success.

It usually says the activation code is invalid or expired.

Has anyone successfully used chase mobile or another application to get their mobile banking to work on the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 05:52 PM
    I have it and it works pretty good. No issues here. Remember that you have to add the phone number to your account online first. Then try accessing it by simply typing chase.com from the blackberry browser (not ie, or firefox).

03-06-09 06:15 PM
    I did sign up my number before I got my first activation code. I googled it and saw a lot of people with storms and iphones having this issue but no resolutions.

03-06-09 06:40 PM
    Chase.mobi works well for me.

03-06-09 06:58 PM
    Chase does not work with the mobile banking app. It says it does but when I called they explained that the logo was probably there just because chase does support mobile banking, but not through that app. Call Chase customer support and tell them you want to set up the text message version of Chase Mobile and you can text "bal" to 24273 and get all your account balances texted back to you. Its no extra cost it just uses messages.

Aaron
    Last edited by adoublearonn; 03-06-09 at 07:12 PM.
    03-06-09 07:06 PM
    I use Chase Mobile on my storm and it works fine. I had to get an activation code once or twice but now it logs me right away.
    03-06-09 07:17 PM
    Chase does not work with the mobile banking app. It says it does but when I called they explained that the logo was probably there just because chase does support mobile banking, but not through that app. Call Chase customer support and tell them you want to set up the text message version of Chase Mobile and you can text "bal" to 24273 and get all your account balances texted back to you. Its no extra cost it just uses messages.

Aaron
    +1 to this, that's how I use it
    03-06-09 07:54 PM

Aaron
    well i don't know what to tell you other than the chase mobile banking site i've been using is very much owned by chase and has my complete account information. very easy to use and navigate around, pay bills, transfer money, the whole deal. just so we're clear, it's not an application you install but the chase mobile website we're talking about
    03-06-09 08:24 PM
    That's strange dude I use chasemobile almost everyday with no issues At all. I don't know what the deal is.

This is where I go when I go to chase.com

https://www.chase.mobi/c2ht?msestks=...home&appno=qa2

03-06-09 09:05 PM
    Call customer service there may be an issue with your password etc. There are a lot of security measures in place so it's possible that something is wrong somewhere. They can help you get it set up. I use it on my storm all the time just logged in to make sure. It is the best banking around but I am probably biased as I am a VP for Chase
    03-06-09 09:13 PM
    I have it and it works pretty good. No issues here. Remember that you have to add the phone number to your account online first. Then try accessing it by simply typing chase.com from the blackberry browser (not ie, or firefox).

I follow the same steps
    03-06-09 09:53 PM
    Question: how safe is it to use mobile banking? Is easy to hack over the air? What if I lose my phone? What are the risks?
    03-06-09 11:57 PM
    no risks. 128 bit encryption
    03-07-09 08:06 AM
    thank you for all your help. I finally got it to work The bad part is that I am not sure why exactly it started working. I simply got about 20 activation codes until one finally worked over the course of 2 days.

Another hint for others having problems is that even if your auto-text has your username already, I wouldnt let it fill it in. when I let auto-text finish my username, even though it appears to be exaclty the same, it does not work for me at chase mobile.
    03-09-09 11:55 AM
    That's strange dude I use chasemobile almost everyday with no issues At all. I don't know what the deal is.

This is where I go when I go to chase.com

You are mixing up two different access methods. Accessing a bank site via browser is one method that typically works, but due to screen size limitations it is clumsy. This is not what the question was about, and you are confusing the issue by providing irrelevant information.

There is a specialized Mobile Banking application that lists Chase as a provider. This application does not work for me, as it does not seem to work for many other users. Chase website does not even mention it (they mention Chase Mobile, which is a primitive SMS-based service).

When you register a new cellphone number with Chase via web interface they will send you a 8-digit access code. I do not know what this code is for. In any case, when I enter it into Mobile Banking application, I get "Invalid phone number" message. Needless to say, the phone number is just fine, and it is not clear why the app asks for it since it could get it from the Blackberry.

I treed activation codes both from their website (to get this you must 1st remove your cellphone number and then add it back; the code comes in the 1st message they send), or the ne I got from Customer support. Neither worked, ever. For the time being i believe Chase does not support Mobile Banking app.
    05-30-09 10:17 AM
    I myself had a problem that the chase mobile APP (mobile banking) did not work correctly. I never received a valid activation code. If I use chase.mobi or whatever it is, It works great.
    05-30-09 10:31 AM
    It works for me too...make sure you already have chase online banking from your real computer...then do the chase.mobi I have paid bills and everything..
    05-30-09 11:37 AM
    I have the same issue. There is a Mobile banking app that is available for VERIZON customers (I'm not sure about other providers) and I can verify that it DOES NOT work. Best to try the text to chase or chase.com from your mobile browser.

07-27-09 05:43 PM
    The chase mobile site works great for me. Call customer service and they will sort it out. I just wish they could save the user name and password for me.

07-27-09 10:52 PM
    it works. i just cant remember how i did it. i got my chase account to show up in the free mobile banking app provided by verizon. unfortunately, i did a wipe on my storm and had to download the app again and cant remember how to get my chase accounts activated on the mobile banking app anymore.

the 8 digit activation code that chase sends you via text is to activate your phone on chase online from your computer. after chase sends you the activation code, the next screen on your computer should be asking you for the activation code that chase sent to your phone via text. after that you should get comfirmation on your phone stating that your number has been added to the acct.

unfortunately, those 8 digit activation code is not for the "mobile banking" app provided by verizon, SO STOP TRYING IT
    09-06-09 12:37 AM
    The new version of the app itself doesn't work on my Pearl 8100.. but the old one did.. as soon as i upgraded the app i got invalid activation code/phone # etc... But the chase mobile site via browser DOES work as well as the SMS chase mobil version.
    09-11-09 06:46 PM
    So the final conclusion is:

chase.mobi via web browser works.
    Access via Mobile banking app does not work.

I tired the app on my 8900 and it won't take the activation code sent by chase via sms. I was not even expecting it to work since that code is to activate the device for mobile banking by sms. Does anyone use this feature? any command i send, i get back invalid command.. I've tried bal, Bal, BAL, still no success. Any ideas?
    09-27-09 12:24 PM
    I can use the site on my BB with no issues. But I can't use the Chase Alerts now. Has been 3 days I will text for hist or bal and get Network Error
    Up till then I could use the Chase Alert all the time. I have been on the phone with Verizon and Chase and no one can find the problem. Chase said all is fine and Verizon keeps telling me it is an issue with the bank. I am wondering if RIM has stopped short codes from being used because I can' also use the Google for information. I get the same error code Network Error. I text 24273 and get that error. I had been able to use this on all my devices prior to my BB and have had the BB 6 months and now can't use it. I would appreciate any information is anyone can help me on this. I have done a hard reset Still nothing.
    Thanks
    02-06-10 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD