I don't want to bother upgrading again until an official rolls out unless the leak in question is really good.... .132 is smooth and flawless (on my storm) except for the remaining sound profile bugs.

Has anybody else found .148 to be good enough???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 08:48 AM
    I don't want to bother upgrading again until an official rolls out unless the leak in question is really good.... .132 is smooth and flawless (on my storm) except for the remaining sound profile bugs.

Hmm, why dont you try it yourself, its been out for like 6 hours, what you expect people to find out in that time. Only problem I think people have is with quicklaunch.
    05-20-09 08:52 AM
    Nothing but good experiences here, smooth upgrade, stable. Happy with this release.
    05-20-09 09:00 AM
    Nothing but good experiences here, smooth upgrade, stable. Happy with this release.
    I'm all for people reporting their experiences with .148. It helps me to decide whether or not I want to download this upgrade. What I don't understand is how people can use words like specially "stable" when evaluating this OS when it has only been out less the 24 hours.

It is my belief that it takes several days for an OS to "settle" into your phone. These kind of remarks I feel are kind of premature. Let's wait a bit before making those type of determinations.
    05-20-09 10:03 AM
    I'm all for people reporting their experiences with .148. It helps me to decide whether or not I want to download this upgrade. What I don't understand is how people can use words like specially "stable" when evaluating this OS when it has only been out less the 24 hours.

It is my belief that it takes several days for an OS to "settle" into your phone. These kind of remarks I feel are kind of premature. Let's wait a bit before making those type of determinations.
    My guess is they are simply comparing it to the .75 nightmare and the first few leaks where freeze ups and reboots were a way of life.

05-20-09 10:16 AM
    I just went from .132 to .148 about 30 minutes ago. I'm still kind of waiting on my BES Activation to finish. However, the activation did occur so that made me happy. I did a couple of battery pulls then logged on to the BES reset my activation and it's sitting at about 91% activated. Once that is done I will pop on some headphones and see if that annoying audio problem is gone. I was like you I like .132 so much that I was going to wait, but when i heard it fixed the audio problems I couldn't wait. The only problem i left my good headset at home so i have to listen with sub standard headphones.
    05-20-09 10:19 AM

DOWNLOAD .148 i did a wipe last night.. hape .141 now this its so fast and no complaints im a computer network admin so i see it and love what i have tested in the past hour comparetive to the other OS's
    05-20-09 10:22 AM
    Update, listened to my first song, "The Von Ehrics" country punk band out of Texas, had the volume highest level, a couple of notifications occurred. The volume stayed at the level I had it set to.

I had an issue with my .132 that if I had my notifications set to phone only, my volume would be set to 1 or 2 below max. When the track would change the volume would lower, i would have to hit volume up on the right side convenience key and it would go to max then back down to what i had it set at. It doesn't do that anymore either.

Also I had an annoyance that when I held down the bb button to get the application chooser the menu would also come up. That's gone now too.
    Last edited by cadsystems; 05-20-09 at 10:30 AM.
    05-20-09 10:26 AM
    Yes, the epic audio failures that plagued every single OS release have been finally fixed.

In addition to the audio boost you will no longer have ring tones playing in vibrate mode when you have custom tones for contacts.

I think that is a pretty good reason to upgrade....
    05-20-09 11:01 AM
    Yes, the epic audio failures that plagued every single OS release have been finally fixed.

In addition to the audio boost you will no longer have ring tones playing in vibrate mode when you have custom tones for contacts.

I think that is a pretty good reason to upgrade....
    actually, i think someone in the Findings thread has just found that to be false. he said his wife called while he had his phone on vibrate and her ringtone rang.

try it
    05-20-09 11:07 AM
    All of the afore mentioned bugs are fixed and *22899 is fixed as well. No more battery pulls after update. Had 2 bars after installing .148 *22899, no battery pull, Bam 5 bars. Sweet.
    Data is stupid fast I've been running at 30-35 mb since 6:30 a.m.

Came from .132 BTW never fooled with .141
    05-20-09 11:14 AM
    Coming from .132 to .148 right now as i type this. I was more than pleased with 132 and went to 141 which turned out to be FAIL. I then went ack to 132 and can't wait to see how this one goes.
    05-20-09 11:14 AM
    I upgraded from .132 to .148. This seems quite stable and fast. I deleted the Chinese, Japanese, Korean fonts or whatever because I don't need them and my phone boots at almost 50 MB free. On .132 I was getting mid 30's MAX. I'd say give it a try. I've only had it for about an hour now but so far so good.
    05-20-09 11:35 AM
    Oh this is sounding promising..... I may upgrade when I get home tonite and hopefully won't regret it

I haven't had to backpedal yet and I hope this is no different.

================================
    WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

The Patrick Henry Caucus - Home Page
    THE912PROJECT.COM

05-20-09 11:55 AM
    Went from .132 to .148 about an hour ago...like it so far. Memory is up slightly everything feels a little faster especially web browser. Clicking on links on pages feels more accurate too...could just be me.

05-20-09 12:02 PM
    Oh this is sounding promising..... I may upgrade when I get home tonite and hopefully won't regret it

I haven't had to backpedal yet and I hope this is no different.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

The Patrick Henry Caucus - Home Page
    THE912PROJECT.COM

Do it! You won't regret it. So far i am loving it. The install went very smooth and quick. Everything about this OS is quicker. Accelerometer, browser, camera, etc. Definately the best OS build to date. I know it usually takes 24-48 hours for the OS to settle in but it's running flawlessly right now. I even booted up with 5+ MB of Memory than i usually do, and that's having WeatherBug installed. lol.
    05-20-09 12:03 PM
    I'm going from .133 to 148 (Don't judge me) but after reading the reviews I'm sold. My phone needed an upgrade anyway, I need to get more active after these OS releases.
    05-20-09 12:03 PM
    Do it! You won't regret it. So far i am loving it. The install went very smooth and quick. Everything about this OS is quicker. Accelerometer, browser, camera, etc. Definately the best OS build to date. I know it usually takes 24-48 hours for the OS to settle in but it's running flawlessly right now. I even booted up with 5+ MB of Memory than i usually do, and that's having WeatherBug installed. lol.
    Wow okay that is a lot of thumb's ups between this and the findings thread. I am sold. When I get home I have a date with my apploader.

05-20-09 12:31 PM
    Seeing a lot of positive feed back on this new os wondering if anyone has used this os in the hybrid version?
    05-20-09 12:46 PM
    Hi. QuickLaunch 2.0 fixes the 141 and 148 flicker issue. It will be out
    in a couple of days. Sorry and thanks for your patience.
    05-20-09 02:02 PM
    I have to take back what I said about the mp3 playback. I don't think its actually fixed. Mine now totally mutes randomly when I play a track or when it goes to a new track.

It doesn't happen everytime and hitting the volume button fixes the problem.

05-21-09 05:43 AM
    I have to take back what I said about the mp3 playback. I don't think its actually fixed. Mine now totally mutes randomly when I play a track or when it goes to a new track.

It doesn't happen everytime and hitting the volume button fixes the problem.

Egads I haven't experienced that (on .132).... Hope it doesn't start.

05-21-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD