i just saw the newest one where the guys in the room and is surfing the web...

anyways, i think its so funny how the Storm looks on the commercials, a lot of the stuff they do in the commercial doesn't even happen on the real phone... for instance the screen is bigger than mine (theres barely any black gap between the keys on the bottom of the screen in the commercial), the accelerometer doesn't fade when you put it in landscape (and it's no where nearly as fast as it does it on tv) and the internet is not that fast. its not high speed... its 3G lol

have you guys noticed some of these things in the commercials compared to our phones that we have??
    01-02-09 09:56 PM
    that's why it's a commercial....
    01-02-09 09:58 PM
    that's why it's a commercial....
    You took the words right out of my mouth...
    01-02-09 09:59 PM
    lol ya but no phone isnt even like that, i think its stupid IMO
    01-02-09 09:59 PM
    That's called advertising, if commercials really showed how products were then no one would eat at McDonald's or order something that they see on those stupid infomercials.
    01-02-09 10:01 PM
    I think its brilliant.

People watch it and say "ooooh aaaaah"

Gets em hooked

Exactly what a commerical is supposed to do
    01-02-09 10:01 PM
    My storm is fast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:04 PM
    Then they come here to complain because the phone is different from the commercial!

01-02-09 10:05 PM
    I think its brilliant.

Gets em hooked

Brilliant to lie to the customers thinking the phone actually works like that? How is that brilliant? Its lying to the customers.
    01-02-09 10:06 PM
    Brilliant to lie to the customers thinking the phone actually works like that? How is that brilliant? Its lying to the customers.
    But they're still customers.

You've got em.

Otherwise they would've been dumbphone owners. Or iPhone owners. Or Bold owners. And on and on and on.

I don't see this outrage everytime an American car company launches a commercial. If they actually sold cars that did everything they claimed in commercials, they wouldn't bee in the deep poo they currently reside in........
    01-02-09 10:08 PM
    when i was reading all your replys i just saw that commercial again "You click web and lets be honest.. Your not sure what to expect, But this browser sure looks like... well... a browser, Everything seems so fast, But what are the chances it will work the way you want it too?"

Slim To None. haha
    Last edited by mxrider821; 01-02-09 at 10:12 PM.
    01-02-09 10:08 PM
    That's called advertising, if commercials really showed how products were then no one would eat at McDonald's or order something that they see on those stupid infomercials.
    i think it's sad that we have to assume there is no truth in advertising.
    01-02-09 10:12 PM
    they should have had it lockup on the VZW splash screen and have the final seconds of the commercial with the person pulling the battery. now that would sell some phones!
    01-02-09 10:13 PM
    they should have had it lockup on the VZW splash screen and have the final seconds of the commercial with the person pulling the battery. now that would sell some phones!
    I would pay money to see an ad like that! it makes me laugh just thinking about it. a battery pull seems to be the most consistant thing you do with it.
    01-02-09 10:17 PM
    Besides what has been mentioned, the actual loudness of the "click" is funny to me. Mine makes some sound but nothing like that..

01-02-09 10:18 PM
    i think it's sad that we have to assume there is no truth in advertising.
    It's not that there is no truth in advertising. It's that they are glamorizing it to attract more/new customers.

Take McDonalds for example. If they show a picture of how the sandwich REALLY looks, you think you would eat that crap?
    01-02-09 10:26 PM

haha thats the truth LMAO
    01-02-09 10:34 PM
    It's not that there is no truth in advertising. It's that they are glamorizing it to attract more/new customers.

Take McDonalds for example. If they show a picture of how the sandwich REALLY looks, you think you would eat that crap?
    what you call glamorizing I call misrepresentation at best. if they make something look or perform in ways that it really doesn't that's not truthful in my book.
    01-02-09 11:13 PM
    I think its brilliant.

Gets em hooked

I think it should be illegal to show a product performing unlike it's true capabilities and get away with it by just throwing up a super small disclaimer at the bottom.
    I don't care what others think.
    01-02-09 11:27 PM
    Truth be told, have any of you actually seen the Verizon dude outside your home or office? I'm starting to think he might just be an advertising gimmick too.

01-02-09 11:28 PM
    The commercial is extremely misleading.
    01-02-09 11:31 PM
    ya, its not like that at all . . in additon why is the storm HUGE on TV
    01-02-09 11:38 PM
    Its a ridiculous commercial, or series of commericals. I've never seen a phone so mis-represented. I don't think it makes sense to make the phone do things it can't do. It would be smarter to provide a more realistic view of its capabilities.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. But VZW is pretty cocky. Its not too surprising they'd do such a thing.
    01-02-09 11:38 PM
    I'm just glad the jokers doing the Magic Bullet infomercial haven't been hired to demo the Storm, I might have purchased more than one. Or the SuperShammy, man. We have ten of those.
    01-02-09 11:43 PM
    anyone notice the "Globe button" on the landscape keyboard where the SYM key is????

I noticed it tongiht, on the screen that shows google in landscape mode.

next to the spacebar there is a button with a picture of a globe, like a web button.

anyone else notice this?
    01-02-09 11:44 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD