I'm just wondering whether or not I should invest in one of these batteries. I don't even get a full day on my battery for my storm. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 01:19 PM
    I've had it for a week now and it works great, I'm getting a couple of days out of the battery with regular use and it will go even longer without using a lot of features. My only complaint is that I carry my storm in my pocket without a case and the battery extender cover has a very rubbery feel to it and my hands get a rubber (tire) smell on them.
    03-19-09 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the help. I'm going to look more into it.

03-19-09 02:15 PM
    What OS are you running? When I upgraded to 103 from 75 my battery life doubled. A little worse now on 109 but still way better than it was on the 75.

03-19-09 02:27 PM
    I'm just wondering whether or not I should invest in one of these batteries. I don't even get a full day on my battery for my storm. Thanks.

I have had it for a couple of weeks now and it is a godsend. Getting 1 + 1/2 to 2 days use, but I am heavy user!
    This is probably the best accessory for the Storm!!!!!!

03-19-09 02:30 PM
    I bought it and it worked great until a small drop cracked the tiny little tabs off of the cover rendering the battery useless.

Seidio support was initially responsive but they passed me on to returns and I haven't heard from them in days. Sorry for the bad news. I am bummed without my larger battery.

Others have had the same complaint. I ignored them but wish I had listened to their warnings.
    03-19-09 02:33 PM
    I've had mine for close to a month. It rocks! Well worth the cash..
    03-19-09 02:34 PM
    I've has mind since it was released. Love the battery great accessory.

03-19-09 02:55 PM
    My battery life with moderate/heavy use has easily tripled since updating to .114. I'd be astonished to find out what would happen if I bought extended life batteries hehe

03-19-09 03:49 PM
    I have the Seido extended battery, the one that fits with the original battery cover. Overall I recommend it but the biggest difference I've seen by far is the OS updates. I'm running 114 now. With the previous OS versions, I would be at 60% around 6 PM on a normal workday. It's almost 5 now and I'm at 92% right now. That's a pretty remarkable difference.
    03-19-09 04:42 PM
    I just ordered the slightly extended one that has more power, but still fits in the same space. It should be here today. I can go two days on the standard battery with light use. I usually charge it every night anyway, but a little extra won't hurt for those heavy use days. I will let you know how it goes over the next couple days. I always carry a spare with me too!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 03-19-09 at 04:49 PM. Reason: edit.
    03-19-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD