Am i just dumb? I cannot get my storm to play any media besides what was loaded onto the thing from vz. It's pissing me off cuz i cant get ring tones or anything to work on the thing.
    11-21-08 10:33 AM
    What type of media are you trying to play?

I know .3GP plays fine (as thats the media type it records too) and .MP4 (as i had a babalyon A.D. trailer pre-loaded onto my Storm)
    11-21-08 10:38 AM
    I cant get the media manager to work. keep getting cannot connect. please login as admin and try again. wtf?
    11-21-08 10:47 AM
    yeah well ever since i linked it with blackberry desktop manager it's been like this, cuz i had them playing then linked with desktop manager and it wont play anything but what was on the device at first
    11-21-08 10:57 AM
    I cant play musc or vids it says "device media processor busy" Anybody know what that means?
    11-21-08 11:07 AM
    I love my Storm! I plugged it in my computer and it searched for the driver and detected it through Vista. Now I can sync it with Winamp/ Media Monkey and my music runs beautifully on it
    11-21-08 11:09 AM
    im trying to put some of my rhapsody tracks on it. Should I sync to the media card or the device..? I tried syncing to the media card but now its stuck at 6 seconds left and has been there for 10 mins
    11-21-08 11:11 AM
    i had to restore my system to get mine to start working correctly, i think desktop manager jacked it up. It's running fine now though
    11-21-08 12:06 PM
    Mine stuck with 6 seconds left after loading 72 files with rhpsody. It did finally come back after about 5 minutes. ANd they all seem to work.

But I found that using the windows explorer works just as well and maybe faster. I went to the MEDIA Card.
    11-21-08 10:48 PM
    I had problems with desktop manager in regards to getting media sync up and running, google blackberry media sync and you will get a link to download it directly from BB....it is its own program and runs like a pro.
    11-21-08 10:51 PM
    Well i got my ringtones to work..what you do is when you have the music on your storm.. Select the song you want as your ringtone... hit the blackberry button and select set as ring tong.. and you should be set, but as for freezing up i have a couple encounters.. i was browsing through the internet and my brother called me and everything locked up I couldnt answer my phone so i had to wait for a minute for it to go back to normal.. i really hope verizon fixes all of these software issues
    11-21-08 11:01 PM
    why can't I attach the storm to speakers via the headset port, have the same cable interface, it just wont play ..am I crazy
    11-21-08 11:34 PM
    I cant get the media manager to work. keep getting cannot connect. please login as admin and try again. wtf?
    I'm having the same problem with that same message- I hate Roxio SO much! I've had software from this company before and it was just as bad as then as it is now. It has been **** to sync the Storm with my computer and haven't even been able to download any music or files onto it. Apple's technology always makes this so easy, guess I should've gone with an iPhone.
    11-22-08 06:45 PM
    Drag and drop in Windows Explorer. It's really that simple.
    11-22-08 10:05 PM
    why can't I attach the storm to speakers via the headset port, have the same cable interface, it just wont play ..am I crazy
    You must be crazy. I have my Storm hooked up to my car stereo via the 3.5mm headset jack. Works beautifully.
    11-22-08 10:27 PM
    Mine stuck with 6 seconds left after loading 72 files with rhpsody. It did finally come back after about 5 minutes. ANd they all seem to work.

But I found that using the windows explorer works just as well and maybe faster. I went to the MEDIA Card.
    Rhapsody support is noticably sluggish when transferring files. If you have problems syncing the files over, make sure BOTH the device and the memory are licensed/authorized. I had this problem at first when it automatically authorized the device only, and had problems with the memory card. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way around the slow sync issue, as I believe it needs to be in the storm during transfer for the licensing to work correctly, although I'd be very happy if I was wrong.
    11-22-08 10:42 PM
    11-22-08 10:47 PM
    Had a bunch of Windows Media files on the storage card for my Treo 700wx and I transferred them to the Storm using Media Manager that came with the phone. It works but it's slow as ****.

Anyone know any third party services/software that will allow me to wirelessly sync with my desktop (Outlook 2003 Mail, Contacts, Calendar etc.)??? I'm missing the Verizon Wireless Sync that I used with the Treo.
    11-23-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD