I sure feel like one. I got all wound up on the official release of .141 coming either yesterday or today. Heck we had mods saying it MAY be real. I got my hopes up really high only to see a half baked version leak of .141.

Lesson learned. From now on I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by hookbill; 04-29-09 at 06:34 AM.
    04-29-09 06:31 AM
    dont act like you didnt install the half baked version...
    04-29-09 06:33 AM
    it will come soon enough, patches stated he couldnt get the install file from his source but its out there, but he worked hard to give us the files that he did. Civic had the full filename too.
    04-29-09 06:34 AM
    Yea jus relax let the motion flow. Its only a OS afterall. Not like your flights just been cancelled at the last minute
    04-29-09 06:36 AM
    Heck we had mods saying it MAY be real
    Is it not real? Rhetorical of course. lol.

This half baked version is coming from the real files and it's only "half baked" because people are so darn impatient they'd rather risk bricking their devices using inane, unorthodox methods then wait for the actual release.

Some prefer it...some don't, ride the wave..the time is coming.
    04-29-09 06:37 AM

This half baked version is coming from the real files and it's only "half baked" because people are so darn impatient they'd rather risk bricking their devices using inane, unorthodox methods then wait for the actual release.

Patience my @ss. I was at the Doctors office in the waiting room checking crackberry every 5 seconds to see if it was released. When I was in the room when the Doctor came in I was still checking. I came here about 500 times yesterday, instead of my usual 100 looking for an official update.

I'm just not going to count my chickens before they hatch. If it comes fine, but I'm not getting my hopes up. .132 is working fine anyway.

Oh and FWIW to the poster who said "don't tell me you didn't load the half baked .141", I didn't. Came close but fortunately I did read some of the thread.
    04-29-09 06:51 AM

yep..... what he said...
    04-29-09 06:51 AM
    I sure feel like one. I got all wound up on the official release of .141 coming either yesterday or today. Heck we had mods saying it MAY be real. I got my hopes up really high only to see a half baked version leak of .141.

Lesson learned. From now on I'll believe it when I see it.
    Set your parrots on them.

Fly my pretties, fly!!
    04-29-09 06:52 AM
    Set your parrots on them.

Fly my pretties, fly!!
    Lmao quality
    04-29-09 06:54 AM

I like half baked OS's but yer right an official is on its way. I won't bother with it this time. doing this with os's won't brick your phone unless you are an I d I o t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 06:55 AM
    Talk about obsession. Chillax, it will get here soon enough and then all the complaining and waiting for 5.0 can begin.
    04-29-09 06:55 AM
    I'm surprised to see so many people still think it's on it's way.

OK maybe it is but like I said I'll believe it when I see it. And I know I'm not the only one slightly obsessed with getting updates. I say "slightly" because I don't want to end up in a room saying "My name is hook, and I'm a Crackberry addict."
    04-29-09 07:01 AM
    i have a problem....i installed it now i want to uninstall it just incase an official comes ota...
    04-29-09 07:08 AM
    Hows this? Those that are on corporate accounts, with any sense to keep a VZ release on their unit, will be pleasantly surprised and rewarded

Originally Posted by dmac271
    Well radio what about those of us not on a corporate account such as myself

Oh it doesnt matter! You can install any OS, just like before. All im saying is, those that had no choice to stick to .75 will love the updated features/stability that you guys have been used to.

That was a quote from radio yesterday about this same topic. IMHO, I think it's going to be past .141. So hook.... I wouldn't be too disappointed. Good things come to those who wait...
    04-29-09 07:12 AM
    Talk about obsession. Chillax, it will get here soon enough and then all the complaining and waiting for 5.0 can begin.
    EXACTLY!
    04-29-09 07:25 AM
    I'm surprised to see so many people still think it's on it's way.

OK maybe it is but like I said I'll believe it when I see it. And I know I'm not the only one slightly obsessed with getting updates. I say "slightly" because I don't want to end up in a room saying "My name is hook, and I'm a Crackberry addict."
    I never said HOW it would come. I just said it was coming lol..Be it official or not, I really couldn't care..besides, you don't have an official OS now.
    04-29-09 07:33 AM
    doing this with os's won't brick your phone unless you are an I d I o t.

Speaks volumes Valace
    04-29-09 07:35 AM
    I wouldn't say i d i o t. I'd say anxious to have our devices work like they should have 6 months ago. But, once I heard about .141 I was a little more excited than I should have been. It's NOT the GC we're after, so it's hereby filed as another kinda fixed OS.
    04-29-09 07:43 AM
    I never said HOW it would come. I just said it was coming lol..Be it official or not, I really couldn't care..besides, you don't have an official OS now.
    True, I don't. I was hoping that this would be an official, tested, bug free OS and that was the impression I was getting, which is why I feel like an idi@t for getting my expectations that high.

OK apparently I'm the only one who felt that way.....Or at least has a pair and admits it.
    04-29-09 07:49 AM
    i have never seen anyone say 141 was gold code. I would never expect it to be either since RIM continued on well past .2xx

I think some people are expecting way to much with the release. The main thing for the release IMO is to get something out so BES members and others can upgrade and still keep VZW support. Like radio said, those who have been using the leaks and such will not be blown away by it.
    04-29-09 07:56 AM
    True, I don't. I was hoping that this would be an official, tested, bug free OS and that was the impression I was getting, which is why I feel like an idi@t for getting my expectations that high.

OK apparently I'm the only one who felt that way.....Or at least has a pair and admits it.
    All indications point to this version (141) as being in 2nd level testing at Verizon. It may or may not leak (hoping for may myself), BUT if it passes final certification it should be out officially sooner rather than later. I KNOW we have been down this path before, but this really does seem credible. And for those of hearty stock we DO have the java already.
    04-29-09 07:56 AM
    All indications point to this version (141) as being in 2nd level testing at Verizon. It may or may not leak (hoping for may myself), BUT if it passes final certification it should be out officially sooner rather than later. I KNOW we have been down this path before, but this really does seem credible. And for those of hearty stock we DO have the java already.
    Ok pk you roll in a diff circle now comments like yours do nothing to cheer is up. In fact makes me feel like an asshat for getting my hopes up damn bgr for starting this crap up again

04-29-09 08:27 AM
    Guess I will loadup the 9500's java files

04-29-09 08:28 AM

Heh, Microsoft has been trying to do that for 20 years or so, and THEY still can't get it right. Ok, so maybe they have about 150 million more lines of code, but still...
    04-29-09 08:32 AM
    I just installed .132 and I'm fine with it.no need here for .141 I've come to just accept that an official will come out when it wants. So I'm sitting back not getting hyped up over anything except when new leaks come out

04-29-09 08:32 AM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD