So, I had my storm since a week after it came out...though it was awesome....the noticed the screen click issue, switched it out for a nice one within my 30 day replacement. Now mind you, I work for verizon so when customer after customer came in to return their storm, I desperatly tried to change their minds when they told me it was "too laggy" or "random Resets" I have never heard so many people refer to that as "the worst phone they ever had." I defended the storm through and through...but slowly I could feel myself start to veer to the other side, starting to agree with the laggy complaints and random reboots...the camera was slow ect. ect. and one day last week I made the decesion to get rid of it and go to a curve, and honeslty I couldn't be happier...no memory leaks, no reboots, and I realized how much I missed a physical keyboard...don't get me wrong the storm is a super sweet phone, I love everything it is intended to do. But lets be honest, its a little ahead of its time...maybe i'll get storm 2 or something later. But as alot of people said, the phone was pushed out too early, and I really do agree with that. And No, Im not going to try a leaked OS because they are leaked for a reason and they aren't really meant for that. Maybe RIM shouldda released a better OS to start, its just that simple...anyways it was just my little rant.....By the way...its starting to get hot in here, I can already feel the flames....
    02-24-09 11:47 PM
    No flames here. Finally a moment of reality, assuming you are legit. With your post count it is questionable even from this CB newb.

However, I also feel that RIM stepped too far out of its' box with the Storm. They are really no competition for Apple or even MS when you get down to it. They are not a software company, other than to support their devices defined functionality. Not a whole lot of innovation over the years, but then again they didn't need too.

If Apple manages to crack the Corp. Bubble, RIM better kiss their collective butts good-bye.
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 02-25-09 at 12:32 AM.
    02-25-09 12:30 AM
    I was in the paramus NJ store yesterday, and was surprised to see the 3 demo's all had no cameras working... One of the phones did not have a button, 1 had it grayed out, and one did not work at all when pressed.

When I asked a sales rep( not my usual guy who I visit), she smiled and said they were disconnected

All had worked on previous visits. As I am standing there playing with the calender, 2 customers walked by me and said "don't buy it"....

That to me is a pretty damning condemnation of the phone. ....
    02-25-09 07:19 AM
    I was in the paramus NJ store yesterday, and was surprised to see the 3 demo's all had no cameras working... One of the phones did not have a button, 1 had it grayed out, and one did not work at all when pressed.

When I asked a sales rep( not my usual guy who I visit), she smiled and said they were disconnected

All had worked on previous visits. As I am standing there playing with the calender, 2 customers walked by me and said "don't buy it"....

The problem with many VZW store demo models is that they have apps running in the background from so many ppl playing with the demo and then just walking away. I even saw a floor demo model running OS .61!!!??? No wonder some ppl are turning away. The sales force needs to get up to speed on these puppies.
    02-25-09 08:23 AM
    at this point im basically just waiting for the 8930 to come to verizon
    02-25-09 08:47 AM

But you never take some1 elses opinion against your own unless they have an actual reason to dislike it.

I would have laughed at them and told them to mind their own business tbh.
    I get tortured at work with ppl telling me Storms are crap etc etc i laugh at them and say i have no problems but yet they are running around with SE Walkmans ...

end of the day people have their own opinion and preference on phones and what they see them do and how it works.
    02-25-09 09:01 AM
    No flames here. Finally a moment of reality, assuming you are legit. With your post count it is questionable even from this CB newb.

However, I also feel that RIM stepped too far out of its' box with the Storm. They are really no competition for Apple or even MS when you get down to it. They are not a software company, other than to support their devices defined functionality. Not a whole lot of innovation over the years, but then again they didn't need too.

If Apple manages to crack the Corp. Bubble, RIM better kiss their collective butts good-bye.
    Not sure what the post count has to do with anything?? I've seen members with 2,000+ posts that joined after me and don't have a clue. Thousands of posts means nothing more than they like to talk a lot.

You're right though, RIM is definitely not a software company. Perhaps they would have been better off sourcing this out to someone more competent with software.
    02-25-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD