Anybody heard anything about when the next official update from Verizon and Blackberry will be released? I am still running .75 as I don't feel comfortable installing all these betas being a newbie.
    02-11-09 01:37 PM
    Heard it should be this month from a friend, but he heard it from a Verizon call center rep. It'd make sense for them to release one soon, but nothing for sure yet. As far as I know at least...
    02-11-09 01:40 PM
    Probably not for a while, I have Verizon, they take forever to certify and stuff. I upgraded to Sith's hybrid OS (his first build), it is much more stable than .75

I was on .75 then .85 which was a good OS, then his hybrid which is like .101 (combination of multiple OS's).

I may upgrade to the new .103 revision that was just released depending on people's input/ratings on it.
    02-11-09 01:41 PM
    Anybody heard anything about when the next official update from Verizon and Blackberry will be released? I am still running .75 as I don't feel comfortable installing all these betas being a newbie.
    This has been asked by many before. Rumors say the end of March. BGR pointed this as a TARGET, I stress the word "target," date. When it occurs anyone knows.
    02-11-09 01:42 PM
    Well I went into my local Verizon Store last week and the rep. told me that RIM and Verizons GOAL is to have it released by the end of this month. She was told this by her boss. I am having random reboot issues so that is why I went to the store. Well of course there was nothing they could do. After 4 random reboots yesterday I could Tech. Support this morning. He told me the same thing....they have been told an update will be released around the end of the month/march 1st. I love the phone when it works right but I am ready to throw it against the wall when it just randomly shuts down with no warning. I have no idea what he did but I had to dial ##000000 then scroll down and enter the SIP password as vzw. There were other steps prior to getting to that point. So far no resets but we will see.
    02-11-09 01:49 PM
    we had both of them here at my work and apparently the goal is mid march.
    02-11-09 04:06 PM
    Ok so a little disclaimer before I give you my info since I work for VzW and own a storm. I went to a BlackBerry party last week and there were 2 rim reps there and I had .99 on my phone and wanted to see / ask him what he had hoping he would tell me some info. So what I'm about to say is in no way shape or form comming from verizon wireless or any entity of verizon verizon and is in no way official. The rep told me he has .99 on his and he should have 101 cause he gets regular updates from rim. This was the 4rth he said not to install leaks cause he's seen some storms turn into paper weights and none a really stable. He told me to sit tight for a release in the next couple of weeks and I won't be dissapointed . So I'm on 75 waiting patiently very soon the nee os will be here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD