I'm considering getting the Incredible (terrible name) when it comes out but I really don't want to pay the $600 retail. What are my options to lower the cost? How much can I sell my S2 for assuming I make an insurance claim on my current cracked one and receive a nice new one? Is there any way VZW will let me upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 09:18 PM
    One sure way to avoid the cost... stick with the Storm2.

Android is not what I would call an "upgrade" anyway.
    04-19-10 09:23 PM

If I didn't mention what phone I wanted to "switch" to, would you have answered my question?
    04-19-10 09:29 PM
    Even if you didn't name it. We all knew which one you were referring to. Lol. No shame. I'm thinking about it also.

04-19-10 09:53 PM
    If VZW is anything like Bell, which I hear they actually are, you may be rather stuck. One thing you can do is accept a three year extension, that got me the S2 at about half price.

04-19-10 10:09 PM
    how long have you been on your contract?
    04-19-10 10:21 PM

HAHAHAHA, AMEN!!!

Storm 2 rips arses.
    Great phone, why would you not want to use it?
    04-19-10 10:36 PM
    I think brand new S2s, unlocked, go for between $300 - $400 on eBay. Minus your $89 insurance deductible, you would have at most $300 to out toward the Incredible. Of course if you wait until you're ten months into your current contract you can pay a $30 fee and get the two year upgrade price at the one year mark. Just requires re-upping for two years.

04-19-10 10:48 PM
    I would just stick it out until your NE2 is up......the cost of the refurb through insurance, selling it, shipping it, etc. you are going to be out a few hundred.
    04-19-10 11:15 PM
    If it's the right device I'll spend the money....

Still giving rim a chance before I bail
    04-19-10 11:21 PM
    If your base plan is $59.99 or higher, you can get a 2 year upgrade price at 12 months. If the Storm 3 doesn't get some serious upgrades I will be joining you. An Evo like device on Verizon with LTE would cause many Storm users to jump ship IMO.
    04-19-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD