Hi-

I am one of those Storm owners who has resisted the temptation to upgrade to the newest leaked OS, for fear that it would cause more problems than it resolves. I am still on .75 (since new in Feb) and to be honest- the phone has really worked pretty well (maybe my expectations aren't as high as some others around here.)

Anyway- I have a question regarding installing the new OS that is due out in the next few days. I would like to delete the sample pictures, wallpapers, music, and other unnecessary files that are difficult to delete once the OS is installed. Is there anything that should be done when installing this new OS that will allow me to exclude all of the space-hogging extras?

Thanks!

TONY
    05-30-09 09:55 AM
    Everything you need to know is in my signature
    05-30-09 09:59 AM
    Take a look at the 2nd pinned thread at the top of this forum. Every question is answered there.
    05-30-09 10:06 AM
    Just be sure to install new OS with one of the many OS apps that trim down your OS (CrackMem, StormSrink, Shrink-A-OS). It will make a world of difference!
    05-30-09 10:28 AM
    The basic .148 works pretty well. Just read the information the others have pointed you too, as well at this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    05-30-09 12:24 PM
    I'm excited for the release coming tommorrow. I've been on .75 since Nov. 2008, when I originally bought the phone! It's about time!
    05-30-09 01:09 PM
    Make sure to back-up your data.
    05-30-09 01:23 PM
    I'm excited for the release coming tommorrow. I've been on .75 since Nov. 2008, when I originally bought the phone! It's about time!
    I've been on .75 since november too a d I'm glad they finally made .148 official.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 02:13 PM
    Make sure to get a fresh backup of data and 3rd party apps before the upgrade. As to sample pics and videos, the easiest way to get rid of them is go here (http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...a-apps-236712/) and download BBFileScout. It's free, easy to use and lets you see the phones hard drive and delete stuff.

Grey
    05-30-09 03:03 PM
    Just curious I've been on.75 since January and I'm excited as ever about the official Verizon ota update tomorrow at 10om. But my question is when I install it will all of my pictures and contacts and applications and themes still be the way they are now? Thanks

05-30-09 06:34 PM
    Just curious I've been on.75 since January and I'm excited as ever about the official Verizon ota update tomorrow at 10om. But my question is when I install it will all of my pictures and contacts and applications and themes still be the way they are now? Thanks

That's the way it's supposed to work, and always has for me, but do a backup (as well as 3rd party backup) via DM before you install/download it. Then you have nothing to worry about.

Grey
    05-30-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD