I'm on the verge of switching from AT&T to Verizon. I'm in LA and just cannot handle the poor coverage and dropped calls. I drop 2-3 per day and it's getting old. I'll take a hit with the early termination from AT&T, but enough is enough.

I trued a friend's Tour, too small in my hand. The Storm 2 seems sturdy.

Q: Has anyone made the switch? I realize I'll lose out on the Bold's beautiful keyboard, but with that huge feature aside, any thoughts?

Thanks!
    11-16-09 02:21 PM
    I switched from bold to storm1. The storm1 was a step back but the storm2 is great and I can type just as fast on the storm2 as I could on my bold. Verizon service is much better than att in 3g areas. I had tons of dropped calls when on 3g. I had to switch to edge just to have stable calls on my i phone and bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 02:38 PM
    I made the switch. Had the Bold on ATT for a little more than a year. I loved the speed, keyboard and display on the Bold (HATED the battery life and dropped calls). So far I have been very happy with the switch. Verizon service has been much better. I LOVE the huge display on the Storm2 and the ease of navigating is amazing. I have had the Storm2 since launch and I am still getting used to the typing. One disadvantage is that I have to look at the actual screen when typing, which makes it very difficult to type and walk or type and do anything else at the same time. Will go try the bold2 but don't think I will like the smaller size and will probably stick with storm2.
    11-16-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I really like the Bold, but AT&T is killing me! I am so tired of making excuses when I drop a call to a friend/family member or business contact.

I'll pop over the Verizon Store and see about a Storm2
    11-16-09 03:14 PM
    I came from the AT&T bold as well. To say the least, I am super juiced that I got the storm2. The only thing I miss are the keyboard shortcuts in my old bold (k for bookmarks, g to bring up the home screen, t for top of page, b for bottom, etc.) However, the big big screen of the storm2 and the easier-than-i-thought-it-would-be typing far makes up for it. I say take the plunge dude. I am loving the solid touchscreen BB experience and makes doing just about everything on my BB a lot more fun.
    11-16-09 04:33 PM
    Making the leap from the bold att to the storm2 vzw tomorrow..

I KNOW I will miss being able to be on a call and use data at the same time.....other than that....Looking forward to being back with Verizon as I never dropped one call with them and dropped 99,000+ with att...
    11-16-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD