I am still trying to get used to typing on the storm in suretype. With my pearl I was a speedy gonzalez now I am slowpoke rodriguez. Any suggestions on how to speed things up? and to be more accurate. Even when I type " I'm" it pops up over and over again "um" for example. Thank you for your suggestions in advance
    02-21-09 08:55 PM
    Just keep practicing. That's all I can say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 08:58 PM
    and/or you could edit your auto text? Maybe that'll work for you...
    02-21-09 10:18 PM
    If you are noticing that the storm is registering the keys slower than you are typing you can modify the touchscreen settings. You can do this by: Options> Screen/Keyboard> Tap Interval, Hover Period and Swipe Sensitivity. If you are use to using the QWERTY keyboard from the pearl, there is an portrait keyboard just like it available on the storm starting with the .90 OS. But like the others have said, it just takes practice.

02-21-09 11:03 PM
    I can't stand suretype, esp. when trying to spell names. It's not as insightful as I hoped. I use the multi-tap, but it seems to use suretype also?
    02-21-09 11:55 PM
    I love suretype. I couldn't stand full qwerty on my curve. Recently, I notice I don't even look at the keyboard when I'm typing anymore. Seriously, you can blindfold me and I can type out an entire sentence with 98% accuracy. My average speed is 60 wpm.
    02-22-09 12:02 AM
    I didn't think suretype would be any good, but 90% of the time it types the right thing. After a few weeks I'm pretty good at typing with it.
    02-22-09 12:05 AM
    I LOVE SureType! If you told me to type landscape it would take me an hour to write a sentence long message! I only use SureType when typing. Some good ideas are to add words that you use a lot to the custom dictionary and also to create your autotexts. Make "um" go to "I'm" automatically. Mine always writes "Ages" instead of "she's" That really bothered me until I put it into my Autotext to change it automatically.
    02-22-09 12:17 AM
    I am still trying to get used to typing on the storm in suretype. With my pearl I was a speedy gonzalez now I am slowpoke rodriguez. Any suggestions on how to speed things up? and to be more accurate. Even when I type " I'm" it pops up over and over again "um" for example. Thank you for your suggestions in advance
    Two key suggestions: 1) Adjust your touchscreen settings (do a sesrch-lots o comments about this). 2) always observe the boundary between
    left and right side of the keyboard (t-y g-h v-b). The keyboard is designed to compensate for parallax so you will always get errors if your thumbs cross the center line.

02-22-09 12:25 AM
    I LOVE SureType! If you told me to type landscape it would take me an hour to write a sentence long message! I only use SureType when typing. Some good ideas are to add words that you use a lot to the custom dictionary and also to create your autotexts. Make "um" go to "I'm" automatically. Mine always writes "Ages" instead of "she's" That really bothered me until I put it into my Autotext to change it automatically.
    Instead of autotexting it, you can also type the word "she's", delete it and then type it again and "she's" will be the default word for future reference.
    02-22-09 12:25 AM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will try and change some of the auto text.
    02-22-09 12:50 PM
    Instead of autotexting it, you can also type the word "she's", delete it and then type it again and "she's" will be the default word for future reference.
    Really???
    I'll have to try that on another word that I come across. Is that just how SureType works? It will set that as a default? That's pretty neat! Thanks!
    02-22-09 11:23 PM
    Two key suggestions: 1) Adjust your touchscreen settings (do a sesrch-lots o comments about this). 2) always observe the boundary between
    left and right side of the keyboard (t-y g-h v-b). The keyboard is designed to compensate for parallax so you will always get errors if your thumbs cross the center line.

Wow, I never knew that but i did notice it did have issues when crossing the center. Thanks!

02-23-09 06:42 AM
    Is there any way to disable the vowels with accent marks that come up when one types? I don't intend to use them and find them to be a nusiance. :-(
    03-02-09 05:36 PM
    Here is a link to help you get familiar with SureType and other parts of the Storm

na blackberry com/eng/support/devices/blackberrystorm jsp

(Replace all spaces in the link above with . as Crackberry wouldnt let me post it as a link)
    Under the section entitled "Blackberry 101", click "view the typing demo"

This will open up an interactive demo. It is really helpful to people new to SureType.

Hope this helps!
    03-03-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD