02-07-09 04:32 PM
171 ... 567
tools
    No offense, but I'm honestly beginning to think you just like to complain.
    That could be but the intent was to answer everyone else questions which ends up in my attenpt to explain with the list of problems I have seen and the list of things I would like as futures.

But thanks for your suggestions on the WIPE. I think I will try a re-do on .75.
    02-06-09 12:45 PM
    OK, I wiped it and then reloaded .75 and then I restored my data and other apps selectively.

Here is a copy of my OPTIONS ABOUT page.
    Can someone verify that it looks correct or does anything look out of date, like any of the Micro Edition versions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-06-09 at 07:32 PM.
    02-06-09 05:55 PM
    I know I am going toget flamed for this but how did a company like google launch a new OS and not have as many problems as RIM did when they have been in the game for 10 years?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 08:43 PM
    You're dead wrong and using a reversed approach.

You should say: They shouldn't have released it but they wanted to earn money right away. True american mentality. I'm having a hard time understanding why RIM chose to release a device that is costing them money instead of earning it for them.

You're saying: accept it. And we shouldn't. They should not have released it. And they did. Now they should bleed for effing us over. And they are. And they should work around the clock, stop other projects which are in early development to get this one going first.

Stop defending them, that attitude is going to cause rim to release another sheit product instead of a working one.

Not that it will matter to me, I'm gonna ditch this phone in a couple of months. I do like to see what they can cook up, but if that is the same sheit as all of this, then I will boycot RIM. Trust me, just I am gonna cost them enough money to make them care. And what about other, wayyyyyyyy, more influential business users out there? Tsssskkk..... bunch of morons at RIM. Well, what do you expect with a guy that has sillyballs at the top of the orginization....
    You're dead stupid.

EVERYONE who purchased a phone, regardless of brand, function and performance *HAD* 30 days at the least (while some like myself had 45) to return it for a refund OR at the very least exchange it.

Now, WE ALL *KNEW* of the problems with this phone...
    *WITHIN the 30 day return period...

IF you kept the Storm beyond the 30 days (while complaining like a baby)
    this makes you an inept, and pretty sad individual...

YOU HAD 30 DAYS!!!!

Next.
    02-06-09 08:54 PM
    Yes you rant that all is well and anyone that has an issue should return the phone. We rant that we want an idea as to when it might get fixed and list what our problems are since others rant that there are no problems.......

This is the problem with expectations. I expected to get what I paid for.

You expect to pay for something that does not work and be happy with it.

I have always looked at the glass half full. But in this case it was only 1/4 full to my surprise.
    Then RETURN THE DARN THING!!!

1st flaw of people like yourself= YOU HAVE EXPECTATIONS
    2nd When they are NOT met you should really see a mental doctor and determine if you have a passive/aggressive persona (which you do)

Then really identify what you want in a phone.
    Try the phone out.
    IF it does NOT meet your expectations YOU SIMPLE RETURN IT AND TRY ANOTHER DEVICE BONEHEAD!!!!!

What you don't do is cry, and moan, and complain because daddy didn't make a phone for you that is perfect.
    02-06-09 08:59 PM
    That could be but the intent was to answer everyone else questions which ends up in my attenpt to explain with the list of problems I have seen and the list of things I would like as futures.

But thanks for your suggestions on the WIPE. I think I will try a re-do on .75.
    No problem. I'm afraid we all got caught up in this highly emotional topic and if I somehow offended you then it is my turn to apologize.

Anyway, I see that you have reloaded it. How is it running now?

I haven't run .75 since December but the version and platform ID in your screen cap are the same as the download file I have.
    02-06-09 10:31 PM

2nd When they are NOT met you should really see a mental doctor and determine if you have a passive/aggressive persona (which you do)

Try the phone out.
    IF it does NOT meet your expectations YOU SIMPLE RETURN IT AND TRY ANOTHER DEVICE BONEHEAD!!!!!

What you don't do is cry, and moan, and complain because daddy didn't make a phone for you that is perfect.
    Since you are so quick to correct everyone, and trust me your post crack me up, thought id let you know that you said "Simple" Instead of "Simply"

Next..

JK, Dude i love your ownage, Whenever i need a laugh, i search for all your post
    02-06-09 11:29 PM

Try the phone out.

Did that make you feel good? Good. Glad to help you out. My dad died 10 years ago and my mom died 29 years ago. Maybe you need to talk to "your daddy" about respecting your elders. Had my dad made it, it would not have been released yet as he was a perfectionist and would not ship it with bugs.

I kept the Storm since the thought was RIM would fix it soon since they did an update in november (the first Verizon ship release), they then updated in Dec 5th with V4.7.0.75 just 2 weeks after release so I thought they would provide another fix before the 30 days or at least get it stable 2 months after that release. I was wrong.

But I am sure that you are not really interested in an explanation.

I do have a bit of patience, unlike you.

And if you do not want to help anyone then you might as well not post anything. Oh, I forgot this is in the RANTs and Raves Forum. So just rant on and get your frustrations out some more on the next 10 people to post in here.

Have a nice day SilvioBenussi. Rant on...
    02-07-09 12:50 AM
    Anyway, I see that you have reloaded it. How is it running now?
    I will have to run it a few days but I tried a video record and it froze in 5 seconds after pressing the record button. And the RADIO shows that it got turned off. Then 3 minutes later it started to reboot. So it did not fix the video recorder but I did not expect it to. The other issues will be tested over time.
    02-07-09 12:56 AM
    I will have to run it a few days but I tried a video record and it froze in 5 seconds after pressing the record button. And the RADIO shows that it got turned off. Then 3 minutes later it started to reboot. So it did not fix the video recorder but I did not expect it to. The other issues will be tested over time.
    If I remember right the video record thing is prety much agreed to be broken in that build (but fixed somewhere in the .8x range) so yeah it probably wont make any difference there.

You're right to give it some time I have found that with these OS's (as illogical as it may seem) that sometimes they take a couple days to "settle in", while others seem solid off the bat and go downhill after that. .99 is that way for me.

Best of liuck, hope you get at least some improvement out of it.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, you aren't running Weatherbug are you? It seems to me a lot of people had problems with that build with that installed.
    02-07-09 01:31 AM
    No I deleted weatherbug about 3 days after the first install of it. That made the storm reboot and do all sorts of stuff. It may have been fixed in some of the subsequent releases but the first version I had was OK then they updated it once or twice and it hosed me up bad so I deleted it. And left it off.
    02-07-09 02:08 AM
    No I deleted weatherbug about 3 days after the first install of it. That made the storm reboot and do all sorts of stuff. It may have been fixed in some of the subsequent releases but the first version I had was OK then they updated it once or twice and it hosed me up bad so I deleted it. And left it off.
    OK good. A lot of people also had issues with VZNav and the version of Viigo that was current at the time. I'd remove VZNav (unless you really need it) and make sure viigo is up to date (has gotten much better, btw).

Anyway, good luck!
    02-07-09 02:14 AM
    You're dead stupid.

EVERYONE who purchased a phone, regardless of brand, function and performance *HAD* 30 days at the least (while some like myself had 45) to return it for a refund OR at the very least exchange it.

Now, WE ALL *KNEW* of the problems with this phone...
    *WITHIN the 30 day return period...

IF you kept the Storm beyond the 30 days (while complaining like a baby)
    this makes you an inept, and pretty sad individual...

YOU HAD 30 DAYS!!!!

Next.
    That's a BS cop out. I tried to wait patiently myself for a fix officially from RIM/VZW. In early December when .75 came out...not only were insider's...but also VZW tech support Reps telling us to expect another update before the end of the year...they then extended to Mid-January. Why wouldn't you wait patiently through that? VZW has no other touch screen phone worth it's weight...and regardless..it is a pain to switch carriers.

That whole 30-Day argument was a little bit more confusing than you state. I believe a lot of people were patient with the phone through the middle of January....and the majority of these Rants have come since then.

If anything...you are the one reading the Rants/Rave's section....and judging the title you could probably tell that it is a rant....if you don't want to take your blinder's off and realize that we have all been taken for a ride to some extent...well you probably should just stick to the "I Love My Storm" threads...that's all you truly want to hear anyways.
    02-07-09 07:26 AM
    woops double post
    02-07-09 07:36 AM
    Agreed. I've been waiting for official fixes to the Storm's unfortunate subpar performance, but it's apparent now that I shouldn't be holding my breath. 'Tis a shame.
    02-07-09 12:39 PM

Try the phone out.

LOL! Just because we didn't lower our standards to fit the Storm like you did doesn't make us foolish. In fact its the exact opposite.
    02-07-09 01:56 PM
    The reality of the storm is that it will never be anything more than it is now. Yes, we will performance and stability updates in the future but due to the hardware setup, it will never keep up with way RIM designed the interface. It lacks a graphics chip to keep up with effects of this phone.

02-07-09 02:43 PM
    I thought the Storms processor already had a GPU built in??
    02-07-09 02:54 PM
    Now we can have twice the fun for a little more money (another line and data plan):

Here is the website. Buy 1 get 1 free storm $199

See the side bar to the right? "Buy the BlackBerry Storm 9530 and Get another BlackBerry Storm for FREE! with 2yr activation per phone"

It is also good for any blackberry: Buy 1 get 1 free any blackberry
    02-07-09 03:57 PM
    Nope, the cpu handles the software, audio and gps. All visuals are ran off of cpu software emulation. If they had originally used OpenGL ES for the visuals, we would of have had a smooth running phone because OpenGL is a very fast and efficient 2D language for mobile devices. Not trying boast the Android platform which is completely written OpenGL ran very smoothing on a ported device(the HTC vogue) which didn't have a dedicated graphics chip like the original device(HTC Dream).

02-07-09 03:57 PM
    Now we can have twice the fun for a little more money (another line and data plan):

Here is the website. Buy 1 get 1 free storm $199

See the side bar to the right? "Buy the BlackBerry Storm 9530 and Get another BlackBerry Storm for FREE! with 2yr activation per phone"

It is also good for any blackberry: Buy 1 get 1 free any blackberry
    A little more money? A lot more money!

You get:
    $200 worth of merchandise (a free Storm)

You pay:
    $200 for the first storm
    $720 for the first storm's data plan over 2 years
    $720 for the 2nd storm's data plan over 2 years

and that's just the BIS plan!

Sneaky business move from Verizon!

On the other hand, if you're already on data plans and are looking to upgrade, that's rather nice of them
    02-07-09 04:32 PM
171 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD