... I'm having a hard time gathering why so many people have so many problems with this phone, but continue to use it.

... If they are unhappy with it, then why keep it? RIM has a broad line up of products. Why stick with the one that's having issues and then sit around and complain about it?

Because we bought it and signed a 2 year contract. Kind of stuck with it after the 30 day period. I assumed (stupid me) that it would get fixed quickly. We did get a new OS 2 weeks into it and I expected another within a month after that to fix the rest of the things.

I am sticking with it for now as I am hoping for a quick fix. I am trying to believe that RIM would not leave us all stranded for such a long time.

I chose the STORM as it was the closes thing Verizon had to an Iphone. If Iphone was officially supported on Verizon i would be on it already.
    02-05-09 03:23 PM
    Here's my take on all this.

Yes, plenty of anxiety over having the latest release - official release, yet the .75 I've had since day one (12/10/08) has worked just fine for me.

I'm a techie of sorts, and I want the latest, and I'm willing to tweak and redo things on occasion, BUT it's a freaking smart phone! Keep that in mind. It's not a car, it's not a DVR, it's not an oxygen tank. It's a smart phone.

For me, the Storm does what it should and does it quite well. Calls are good, email is fine, NO I don't use it as an iPod for music and NO it's not my primary digital camera, but it handles messaging and phone just fine!

With a few of the apps I've picked up here and elsewhere, I can be confident that the Storm I've got will handle what I need.

That said, I realize many of you are far beyond me in usage, tricks, hacks and such, and your use of the device is far beyond what I'm using it for.

Yes, having betas float around here is great, if you are willing. I'm not. The last thing I need is to lose hours of time dealing with wipes, reloads, reinstalls, bricked phones, and so forth.

I'll take what VZN gives me for now, knowing that a team of folks is hard at work refining and testing what will eventually become the next official release.

So I guess I'd say get over it, but I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, as I realize many of the bug reports help VZN and RIM make progress, or at least I hope they do.

But for now, this thing just works like it's supposed to, and with .75 it's just fine. Do I want more? Probably. Am I dying to check CB every 2 hours to see if something's been released? Heck no, I've got a business to run.

But I do check in every day or so, read some interesting stuff, post from time to time, and learn.

Good luck with the wait. No hard feelings.
    02-05-09 03:38 PM
    Because we bought it and signed a 2 year contract. Kind of stuck with it after the 30 day period. I assumed (stupid me) that it would get fixed quickly. We did get a new OS 2 weeks into it and I expected another within a month after that to fix the rest of the things.

I am sticking with it for now as I am hoping for a quick fix. I am trying to believe that RIM would not leave us all stranded for such a long time.

I chose the STORM as it was the closes thing Verizon had to an Iphone. If Iphone was officially supported on Verizon i would be on it already.
    There is always a way to git rid of a product you do not like without losing out on anything. 30 days or not. The phone is still in high demand and I am sure it can't be too hard to get rid of it.

If you truly believe that RIM would not leave people stranded for such a long time, then why complain about it? This is not going to get any results from RIM, especially in a thread.

Sounds to me like you did not CHOOSE the Storm. Rather, settled for it. Since you settled for something that is utilizing newer technology than the Iphone you certainly must acknowledge that you are going to have to maintain a bit of patience as it is perfected. I'm sure you have heard stories of Iphones having issues as well.

Apple, AT&T mum on iPhone 3G issues | Apple - CNET News

Though mostly reception related, there were bugs on the phone. Apple has now had more time to work out their issues. Not to mention more revenue, which would equate to their being able to resolve any issues in a more timely manner. RIM is working on it. Complaining about it in a Crackberry forum is highly unlikely to get any results. Especially when you can't even find to the right section to rant and rave in.
    02-05-09 03:47 PM
    I dont think it will be easy to get rid of it anymore , not with the new promotion Verizon is having. Buy 1 , get 1 free .

my 2 cents - this phone will be great ( until something else comes out 0 , but in the meantime isnt it fun in a sense to be apart of something , i know that RIM read these message boards and hear everyone complaints , but i just think they are doing the best they can , just remember RIM DOES NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASE ANYTHING !!!!! Verizon does , so i think everyone needs to stop blaming RIM and realize that a great OS might be ready to go , it might be at Verizon being tested....who knows ?? But i cant wait to find out
    02-05-09 04:40 PM
    Are you serious CX if I am running anything other that .75 I can be arrested because it is illegal?
    you wont be arrested - and its not "illegal" for you to use it. its a violation of your verizon TOS which you agreed to.
    02-05-09 04:54 PM

If you truly believe that RIM would not leave people stranded for such a long time, then why complain about it? This is not going to get any results from RIM, especially in a thread.

Sounds to me like you did not CHOOSE the Storm. Rather, settled for it. Since you settled for something that is utilizing newer technology than the Iphone you certainly must acknowledge that you are going to have to maintain a bit of patience as it is perfected.

...Complaining about it in a Crackberry forum is highly unlikely to get any results. Especially when you can't even find to the right section to rant and rave in.

I believed that (that RIM would not leave people stranded for such a long time). I am wondering why they are doing it now.

I chose it as it was closest to an Iphone and the hype about it sounded good. I know they had issues with software and it was delaid. I thought at release that it would be all functional, else why delay?

I was not ranting. I was just trying to address the concern that the Original Poster had and that I backed him up on thinking it was reasonable to ask "Any Projected FINAL Operating System for the Storm Yet " as several of us with the .75 release are still waiting for some fixes to all of our problems. .75 is not perfect, far from it and we want fixes and would like to know when that might happen?

2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months? That is what this thread was originally about. When can we expect an update?
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-05-09 at 04:57 PM.
    02-05-09 04:55 PM
    you wont be arrested - and its not "illegal" for you to use it. its a violation of your verizon TOS which you agreed to.
    Thanks, it was a rhetorical question, to how silly that statement was.
    02-05-09 06:00 PM
    edit... wasn't looking was already said
    02-05-09 06:03 PM
    - Then there are the inconvenience things like the screen brightness is too bright at night or in the dark but too dim for the day so you have to set to 10% in the dark and 80% in the day. Why can't it be an option based on time of day to set it?
    HP has got lcd monitors which use the built in webcam to determine how the screen brightness should respond to the environment light (ambient). Works great and its being handled by the cpu in the display. Maybe rim should license it.
    02-05-09 06:21 PM
    im sticking with my storm I havent touched any os past the official .75 it runs fine for now and I am waiting for a new official.

As far as the people who say bleeding edge cant run smooth and such I think thats a bunch of complete horse crap.

Watch the beta videos of the pre..

I am not getting a pre nor do I want it.

But the storms speed is no were close to the pre and thats not even a final release os.

My complaint is simply that making a statement that its expected to run like crap out of the box or whatever is a dumb comment to make.

People spend quite a bit of money on these things and its fair to ask for something that works well right out of the box.

My storm runs good so far not as good as I would fully like but I am not complaining.

I just think that with the hardware actually in this device it could run quite a bit smoother and a little less quirky.

I am patient. I love blackberry email. I am not leaving verizon again for any phone.

I rather sit on my decent storm and wait for the bugs to get worked out on a final os. Then start this process all over again.

I mean if you go pick up a curve its old school but its polished.. It runs well RIM wants the storm to be the same.

just be patient. I think Rim is great but I thought that the comment from them that this should be expected was a joke.
    02-05-09 06:21 PM
    I phone has been RELIABLE but not perfect since I got it.
    02-05-09 06:35 PM
    Yes, they messed up with the release. There is no denying that. But now, people are saying that they should be releasing something that they do not feel is good enough... again? So people are essentially complaining about what they did, yet, wanting them to do it again. No, they don't want that, im sorry. They want it to be fixed. Right now. True American mentallity. I'm having a hard time gathering why so many people have so many problems with this phone, but continue to use it.

I agree with the last part. I was stunned by RIM's mistakes with the release, given all the wonderful things I have heard. Yet, now they are in the process of trying to save some face and satisfy their customers. It all comes back, once again, to the customer. If they are unhappy with it, then why keep it? RIM has a broad line up of products. Why stick with the one that's having issues and then sit around and complain about it?
    You're dead wrong and using a reversed approach.

You should say: They shouldn't have released it but they wanted to earn money right away. True american mentality. I'm having a hard time understanding why RIM chose to release a device that is costing them money instead of earning it for them.

You're saying: accept it. And we shouldn't. They should not have released it. And they did. Now they should bleed for effing us over. And they are. And they should work around the clock, stop other projects which are in early development to get this one going first.

Stop defending them, that attitude is going to cause rim to release another sheit product instead of a working one.

Not that it will matter to me, I'm gonna ditch this phone in a couple of months. I do like to see what they can cook up, but if that is the same sheit as all of this, then I will boycot RIM. Trust me, just I am gonna cost them enough money to make them care. And what about other, wayyyyyyyy, more influential business users out there? Tsssskkk..... bunch of morons at RIM. Well, what do you expect with a guy that has sillyballs at the top of the orginization....
    02-05-09 06:40 PM
    Where it has gotten complex and confusing is that people cant get the betas out of their heads. It's been said again and again .75 is stable and nothing is broken in it. It's not as smooth as we would like and it is definitely SLOW.
    I'm not sure about you, but I don't call constant freezing and random reboots stable. Hofo, crackberry, pinstack, and other threads were filled with people complaining about these issues with .75. I had just started to go through my replacements, after showing a Verizon manager one of my freeze/lockups, even after downloading .75
    02-05-09 07:28 PM
    I believed that (that RIM would not leave people stranded for such a long time). I am wondering why they are doing it now.

I chose it as it was closest to an Iphone and the hype about it sounded good. I know they had issues with software and it was delaid. I thought at release that it would be all functional, else why delay?

I was not ranting. I was just trying to address the concern that the Original Poster had and that I backed him up on thinking it was reasonable to ask "Any Projected FINAL Operating System for the Storm Yet " as several of us with the .75 release are still waiting for some fixes to all of our problems. .75 is not perfect, far from it and we want fixes and would like to know when that might happen?

2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months? That is what this thread was originally about. When can we expect an update?
    This entire thread is one rant. Why don't you, or the OP ask RIM these questions instead of posting randomly in a Crackberry forum? I understand that there is plenty of useful information in here. Great place. But, if anyone would just search they can easily find that nobody has any clue about when a new OS will be released, officially or leaked. That is not going to change. People didn't like it. People stuck with it under the assumption that one thing or another would happen. Company's fault for rushing. Consumer's fault for not utilizing the return period. That's how it roles. I know it sucks, but it happens.
    02-05-09 07:33 PM
    You're dead wrong and using a reversed approach.

You should say: They shouldn't have released it but they wanted to earn money right away. True american mentality. I'm having a hard time understanding why RIM chose to release a device that is costing them money instead of earning it for them.

You're saying: accept it. And we shouldn't. They should not have released it. And they did. Now they should bleed for effing us over. And they are. And they should work around the clock, stop other projects which are in early development to get this one going first.

Stop defending them, that attitude is going to cause rim to release another sheit product instead of a working one.

Not that it will matter to me, I'm gonna ditch this phone in a couple of months. I do like to see what they can cook up, but if that is the same sheit as all of this, then I will boycot RIM. Trust me, just I am gonna cost them enough money to make them care. And what about other, wayyyyyyyy, more influential business users out there? Tsssskkk..... bunch of morons at RIM. Well, what do you expect with a guy that has sillyballs at the top of the orginization....
    I don't think I am wrong at all. The American mentality is self-motivated. Whether it be the company or the consumer. Either way, everyone is out to fornicate everyone else just to get something. Another part of that mentality is if nobody gets what they want, they complain. There is a reason for return periods. Use them. Why sit around and wait for something you bought to get better? Why take the chance? If you decide to try and wait it out for something better and it doesn't come along, that's your problem. Capitalism doesn't wait for anyone. I am not saying that it doesn't stink, but why subject everyone else to listening to your complaining? It's one thing to ask for assistance, or what one could do to remedy anything. It's quiet another to have this many posts on how this device sucks. Or people lashing out on mods and treating them like dirt because they are frustrated with what they decided to stick with when they could have returned it.

I am not saying accept it. I am saying that this is not the way to handle the problem. And don't think for a second that if you boycott RIM that is making them "bleed." Yes, they will be sorry to lose a customer, or maybe the three others that you convince to stay RIM free. But, the company will not, by far, bleed. If you are going to ditch the phone, then why did you even answer to this? It concerns you very little. You are the sensible one. You don't like the product so you are getting rid of it. I hope you find what you are looking for. But, I guess I had better stop because my lowly post is the one thing that is going to keep RIM releasing "sheit."

On a side note: sillyballs? I'm curious.
    02-05-09 07:43 PM
    This entire thread is one rant. ... I know it sucks, but it happens.

Yes you rant that all is well and anyone that has an issue should return the phone. We rant that we want an idea as to when it might get fixed and list what our problems are since others rant that there are no problems.......

This is the problem with expectations. I expected to get what I paid for.

You expect to pay for something that does not work and be happy with it.

I have always looked at the glass half full. But in this case it was only 1/4 full to my surprise.
    02-05-09 08:18 PM
    Yes you rant that all is well and anyone that has an issue should return the phone. We rant that we want an idea as to when it might get fixed and list what our problems are since others rant that there are no problems.......

This is the problem with expectations. I expected to get what I paid for.

You expect to pay for something that does not work and be happy with it.

I have always looked at the glass half full. But in this case it was only 1/4 full to my surprise.
    I don't expect to pay for something that doesn't work and be happy with it. My phone works just fine. It does everything I need it to and then some. I went through two others to get to this point. But, there is my case. I didn't sit in some forum asking others about updates or complaining about the phone. I returned it. Twice. So now I am happy. Sorry you're not. Bu this isn't going to fix it. It seems to me that the biggest encouragement for RIM not to fix anything would be people not complainIng to them or returning the phone. I'm sure if enough were returned there would be some scrambling to get it fixed. Which is what I think they are doing. I just think people are going about this all wrong. I believe that no matter what they do people will complain. I just want to see the right people get the complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 09:08 PM
    I think things would be much better if, for instance, in that interview with the Wall Street Journal RIM's co-CEO had said something in the lines of, "We realize some customers have certain issues with the Storm and apologize if the device is not meeting their expectations, but we're working hard and diligently to have as quickly as possible an update that will improve the performance." Instead, what we got is a declaration that buggy phones are the new reality of the market and we have to live with it. That's very encouraging...
    02-05-09 09:17 PM
    ...I went through two others to get to this point. But, there is my case. I didn't sit in some forum asking others about updates or complaining about the phone. I returned it. Twice. So now I am happy. ...
    Interesting. What was wrong with your phones that you had to return two of them?

I have not returned mine since the screen is good and the keyboard/click screen seems to work well but the video camera hangs all the time but I assume that is the software/firmware as it is a known problem as is the closs of connection issues.

I would return mine if I thought that would help but I do not believe that my issues are HW related but software in nature. Maybe I am wrong.

Is there any reason to think that returning mine would result in a better phone of more reliable phone?

I have not returned it yet as I was affraid I would not get anything better and may get a yellow screen or a touch screen with the click problem.

What were your issues that you had to return two?
    02-06-09 12:51 AM
    They have already lost massive street credit with the STORM. They need to start getting some of it back by releaseing some fixes.

If .99 fixes some of these problems then release it if it is better than .75.
    It fixes some but breaks others. I would be very unwise to release a version with stereo bluethooth still broken and MMS (a core BB feature) inconsistent at best.
    02-06-09 01:28 AM
    No! Get it out of your head that .75 is stable. It is nothing close to stable! And it does NOT work FINE. I have been living with it and not upgrading to the betas. Maybe you forget how bad .75 is. Or maybe you do not use many of the functions of the Storm?
    You equate slow with unstable. Is .75 perfect? not even close. But it there are an awful lot of people using with few if any issues other than a slow accelerometer and general lag.

- It hangs or reboots if you try to record a video or play a video that it recorded.
    - It hangs up the phone when you try to answer it 50% of the time.
    - It lags on text entry
    - it lags on everything
    - it is slow on almost every function you use.
    - screen transitions are slow
    - It looses network connectivity when using ORB.
    - It drops connections in Flycast or any other network based service even though you have 4 bars and reboots some times.
    - you can not rely on it functioning properly ever. It is functional 80% of the time but never when you really want it like recording a video of something you care about and have one shot to get it and it is gone and the video recorder in the phone hangs and reboots on you.
    - seems to lock in random shorter time periods than what I have it set to lock for.
    I moderate a forum of Storm users as well as read about it on here and other sites and not everyone who is still on .75 has all of these issues. Many people are using it and it works just fine other than the aforementioned lag and an occasional glitch. Many of these people are in this tread. Bluetooth, MMS, and all of the other features do work. Are there glitches? yes, but overall they work.

You have clearly had more issues. I would suggest you try doing a wipe and reinstall of the OS if you have not done so already or consider requesting a replacement handset because something is clearly up with your specific handset. Some of the issues you mention may be caused by hardware fults.

- Then there are the inconvenience things like the screen brightness is too bright at night or in the dark but too dim for the day so you have to set to 10% in the dark and 80% in the day. Why can't it be an option based on time of day to set it?
    - No easy way to add a new contact while in the phone app. Phone, MENU and there is no ADD CONTACT.
    - no display of wallpaper on landscape mode.
    - you have to lock it before going into Bedside mode or you loose the clock.
    - lots of other stuff
    Now here you are just getting nitpicky. These are things you don't like about the OS and that is fair, BUT that does not have anything to do with the stability of the OS.

But basically it is not worth what I have been paying for it since Nov 21st.
    Then as a dozen other people in here have told you GET ANOTHER PHONE. It sounds as if you should not have kept it pas the 30 days.

I like the idea of the device and what it is suppose to be able to do. I wish it would do it reliably and at least most every time. But it is just so temperamental and you can not trust it working. Sometimes I feel like I need to carry a differnt phone and camera and video camera and MP3 player just so I can count on them working!

I get so upset with it when I go for a walk each day and end up spending 10 minutes trying to get it to play a News talk TV station in ORB or having to restart Flycast 4 times in 90 minutes time as it looses connectivity. Or I see something I want to take a short video of but after a minute or 2 or 3 or recording it hangs for another 3 minutes and then reboots for 5 minutes and I loose all function on the device for that 8 minute period and loose the video recording! It does this even when using the PAUSE MENU MENU PLAY method RIM advises to use.

But it is NOT stable. It only works most of the time but not all of the time.
    It is NOT like it is fully functional. Yes everything works some of the time but the fact that it never works most of the time or all of the time is a real killer.

I have been in the software industry for the past 30 years. It does not take 3 months to fix these type of bugs. What the heck are they working on?
    They could at least fix some of the issues and post the fixes as they are available.

So you are definitely delusional when you state " .75 is stable and nothing is broken in it". It is far from stable and lots of stuff is broken in it.

We want an update. It does not need to be perfect as it never will be. I just want to see some improvement.

And as the OP asked we just want to know a timeframe for a new OS and fixes. If it is going to be another 2 or 3 months then I want to go get a phone that works.

If it is just another 2 weeks then I will wait but at least give us a clue.
    We all want an update. But we also want a good update that fixes most if not all of the existing issues without breaking something else. It is coming. You can either continue waiting for it to get better or get another phone. Just read off what you told me to a CSR and one will very likely let you trade the Storm for something more to your liking.

I honestly don't understand your reluctance to install any of the leaks. [I suggest .85 because overall it was the most stable of the leaks with the least issues (others may have other choices). Stereo Bluetooth is broken in it along with all of the other leaks.] You clearly have the technical background to revert back to .75 if you have an issue and simply updating the OS isn't gonna hurt the hardware and it only voids your support/warranty if you are stupid enough to tell them that's what you did. You say you don't want to waste time with updates and wipes and whatnot but you'd rather spend who knows how many hours on here complaining. An OS update takes 20 minutes and a backup, wipe, fresh install, and data restore can be done in under an hour.

No offense, but I'm honestly beginning to think you just like to complain.
    02-06-09 01:48 AM
    I think things would be much better if, for instance, in that interview with the Wall Street Journal RIM's co-CEO had said something in the lines of, "We realize some customers have certain issues with the Storm and apologize if the device is not meeting their expectations, but we're working hard and diligently to have as quickly as possible an update that will improve the performance." Instead, what we got is a declaration that buggy phones are the new reality of the market and we have to live with it. That's very encouraging...

Exactly. And I am so effing surprised that there are so many people that seem to accept that. Why aren't people rallying at RIM/Verizon headquarters to get the thing fixed? Demonstrate for it (I think you guys call it rallying right?). Does that seem weird? I don't think so. I think its weird whole city populations lined up in a queue to get a phone at the time of release, and then when its flawed not to go and organize themselves to get it fixed. You do not have to return the phone if you do not want to, but the company DOES HAVE TO get it fixed ASAP. But that is part of a certain mentality that is infecting society.

You do realize the only way to get the anti-social extreme capitalism bast*rds to change something is if they start to fear the contents of their wallets might shrink. They need to be confronted in REAL LIFE. Not on the internet. Its way to easy and anonymous. That is why internet petitions, sites of complaints etc etc will mostly not change anything because it shows that people are not willing to put their energy into something anymore. Even when it costs them. So what is easier for a guy wanting to make some money than using that principle to ef you over? And that is being done way to much.

If I were to set up a site that is anti-storm, completely burn the product into the ground, hundreds of thousands of people supporting it, you know what would happen? I would most likely get sued and forced to take the site down because according to them I would be damaging their brand name. While in reality they have done that themselves by releasing a turd on the public. The site only puts it in a structure, maps it out. If I weren't to take down that site, they will most likely force the ISP. That's the most easy way out, use lawyers to get your way instead of owning up to the problem.

And whatever RIM is doing behind the scenes to fix this, I don't care anymore. I had trust in it, and even if they fix it, I will not trust RIM ever again. The main reason for that is what mr. sillyballs said about the beta phones are here to stay.

I hope for them the next product or 2, 3 will indeed be beta phones. Lets see who is going to buy phone nr. 4 that comes out... 1 down, 2 to go.

And yes, I will wait some more just because I like the clicking screen and think its far more superior to any other form of touch screen. But I also know that normal keyboard phones with touchscreen capability (folding or rolling up touch screens even) are going to see the light of day in a relatively short amount of time.

The problem in NL is that a winmo device for example requires a different dataplan than BB, BIS and the prices for that are just through the roof for one line with just gsm and data functionality. Limited speech, text and data amounts at that too. If I were to pay 75 or 80 euro's for unlimited (well, near unlimited) traffic, then I would switch without waiting. But since the BIS dataplan here in NL is one which still is a bit reasonable I'm going to stick with it for now, hoping the phone will get fixed and waiting for another one to catch my eye. Like the palm has at this moment.

And really, you know what.... what the poster I quoted said says it all: if that *ss had put it in a different way then I would have stayed on the bandwagon indefinately. Now? No amount of apology will straighten what mr sillyballs has said. It has showed his true intentions which are: scr*w you all!

Edit:
    Oh, sorry.... I forgot to answer the sidenote from the other user. Doh.... Ehrm, mr. sillyballs is the head honcho at RIM.

Edit2:
    I'd also like to say that I do have the utmost respect for crackberry and its users (and the way discussions are possible with most of you guys. I really do. A lot of forums just do not have the... I don't know.... maybe the kind of people that come here are from a different social ladder? Even though there is a lot of complaining, there is not much.... well, really childish behaviour going on. Unless I am missing that due to the language barrier), mods and creators.
    Last edited by TheMisses; 02-06-09 at 03:51 AM.
    02-06-09 03:46 AM
    Interesting. What was wrong with your phones that you had to return two of them?

I have not returned mine since the screen is good and the keyboard/click screen seems to work well but the video camera hangs all the time but I assume that is the software/firmware as it is a known problem as is the closs of connection issues.

I would return mine if I thought that would help but I do not believe that my issues are HW related but software in nature. Maybe I am wrong.

Is there any reason to think that returning mine would result in a better phone of more reliable phone?

I have not returned it yet as I was affraid I would not get anything better and may get a yellow screen or a touch screen with the click problem.

This has be a reason for me too that I did not exchange the phone. Reading all the stuff here.... people getting up to 7 phones returned? The one I have is ok, except for the clicking in the precise middle bottom of the screen, but even there it clicks oke enough for me not to take the risk of getting another phone with lots more issues.

It is another absolute outrageous example of the bad quality of the product or RIMS QA. Not returning a product because you have to be afraid you are going to get an even worse product in return. I have owned a company as a system builder in the past and even then, although there were the necessary issues with hardware, we never had to be afraid that a product had to be exchanged again and again and again structurally because of (insert your issue here) as is the case with RIMs Storm. And in my example you are talking about tons and tons of materials from hunderds of differents brands, makes and suppliers/manufacturers.

I do think that that does say something about this whole thing. And again, RIM should really wise up, because the same capitalism mentality they are using now as a shield to justify the sales of an unfinished product is going to come back and bite them in the behind. This will happen with the next product to be released and if that one has the same stuff going on as the storm, the next product is going to cost them even more. In that case, lets see what the stocks of RIM are going to do over the next year or two/three shall we? Unless they come up with something really revolutionary AND have it in good working order they are going to bleed for it by their own hands.
    02-06-09 04:02 AM

In looking at the posts leading up to this one, I feel like I kind of singled you out and made a bit of a **** of myself. I was wrong to do that. I apologize. I should have approached it differently while maintaining my viewpoint. I have contributed to the bickering amongst Storm owners that I feel to be against the "brotherhood" (or sisterhood) this site promotes. Let's just be friends.

Well, with the first one I had various click problems with the screen. The second one had a faulty mic and therefore would not function properly as a phone. If you do not feel that your issues are hardware related then I am not sure what to tell you. I would like to know how things differ for you when a new OS comes out. Specifically, if it addresses your issues and brings the phone to a standard that you are happy with. However, I can say that upon returning my second one for the mic, I did manage to get one that ran better than both of the previous ones I had. However, I also have .99, so that might help a bit. I mean, based on what I have experienced with the two leaks that I have installed, the phone is coming about very nicely. That being said, I hope an official comes out soon and it straightens things out enough for you to be able to enjoy it as well. As for exchanging it, I guess it is kind of a gamble. I would take it though, just to get a product I enjoy. Then again, I usually make a stink in a store when I don't get what I want. Haha.
    02-06-09 07:53 AM
    In looking at the posts leading up to this one, I feel like I kind of singled you out and made a bit of a **** of myself. I was wrong to do that. I apologize. I should have approached it differently while maintaining my viewpoint. I have contributed to the bickering amongst Storm owners that I feel to be against the "brotherhood" (or sisterhood) this site promotes. Let's just be friends.

Well, with the first one I had various click problems with the screen. The second one had a faulty mic and therefore would not function properly as a phone. If you do not feel that your issues are hardware related then I am not sure what to tell you. I would like to know how things differ for you when a new OS comes out. Specifically, if it addresses your issues and brings the phone to a standard that you are happy with. However, I can say that upon returning my second one for the mic, I did manage to get one that ran better than both of the previous ones I had. However, I also have .99, so that might help a bit. I mean, based on what I have experienced with the two leaks that I have installed, the phone is coming about very nicely. That being said, I hope an official comes out soon and it straightens things out enough for you to be able to enjoy it as well. As for exchanging it, I guess it is kind of a gamble. I would take it though, just to get a product I enjoy. Then again, I usually make a stink in a store when I don't get what I want. Haha.

Hey no offense taken. These boards get rather hot sometimes and too hot other times. Sometimes it is easy to read the posts wrong or with more emotion than intended.

It sounds like you had valid HW reasons to return your prior 2. In my case the HW seems fine.

I think I will try doing a WIPE and reinstall .75 and see if that helps at all as vzwrocka sugested. That may make some sense. I still do not really want to install one of the leaks. But if the end of February comes and we still do not have an official release then I may install whatever is the best leak by then.

Thanks for your help.
    02-06-09 11:43 AM
171 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD