I have both, and both of mine work fine, as I'm using SW you all are not. My point is, it's ridiculous for Storm owners to think they should have already gotten 2 official updates this soon after launch. Yes, that is called being spoiled. Especially considering no other device has.

What OS are you runnin with CX. Hehe I know yer not sayin. That might be why yours is workin
    fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Valace2; 02-04-09 at 08:06 PM.
    02-04-09 08:00 PM
    I see your point but my response to that would be that we stormers wouldn't be demanding another update so soon if RIM had gotten it right the first time. There's still a lot of unresolved issues with the .75 release. Yes, it's useable but the performance is sub-par. With .90 & .99 were finally seeing some real progress. I do want RIM to "get it right" with this next release and they shouldn't release it until it's ready.
    Hate to disappoint, but they rarely get it right on the first build. Just the way it goes. It's been like that with many other devices. And they didn't get an update a month after launch. And think they're owed another so soon. Anyways, I'm done debating this. Later everyone.
    02-04-09 08:04 PM
    If you can't stand the wait, take the device back.
    That's the best line I think I've ever read here.
    02-04-09 08:05 PM
    Honestly, all i can say is my buddie and i switched devices for 3 days , he got my storm and i his bold, and the only issue i had with the bold was the 3g , other than that; the bold ran smooth as butter , fast as **** , click and you were there . But i understand that is just building on there previous phones so they have it locked down, the storm is a new animal for RIM and its going to take some time. And CX and sith are right , given .75 is slow as ****, it works , and works well . Us taking the leap and doing Leaked OS's shouldn't complain. We are just lucky to get to use these. But on the other hand there are some very stimple things that even on .75 should be fixed. And we should get an offical update ASAP this is verizons new baby , they need to feed it a little more. ps , cx sith , glad to hear from yeah again.
    Lets see,
    AT&T's bold launches with an OS in the 160s range doesnt it? So at least 160 attempts before they "got it right".
    Storm 75 attempts. To put it on par would give you another 90 attempts before it is "gotten right"
    That's the best line I think I've ever read here.
    I think that CX's patience is just about worn through on this subject.
    02-04-09 08:08 PM
    Sad to see you go again Crucial.

Sith, you're absolutely right. I actually never really thought about that. Considering, I'd be curious what the BOLD OS .65 and .75 were in comparison to the Storms.
    02-04-09 08:10 PM
    I think that CX's patience is just about worn through on this subject.
    No, It's not that. But, all opinions have been given, and we're making no progress. We at least all agree the Storm needs an update. That's what matters.
    02-04-09 08:11 PM
    No, It's not that. But, all opinions have been given, and we're making no progress. We at least all agree the Storm needs an update. That's what matters.
    See we can have a peaceful disagreement . Its constructive. I am gonna go start my project now. Not to prove you guys wrong, just to see if others have felt our pain.

p.s. CX ya never did tell me what OS you were runnin
    02-04-09 08:18 PM
    First, I think we need to be thankful that we are able to get beta releases in the first place. Second, (Again) You can not complain about a beta just because you (the public) are not supposed to have it. In my business I have gotten to see a lot of prototype golf clubs, ball, and gadgets. Most of which took 2+ years into the making and ended up not being sold to the public. So when it comes to RIM and Verizon give them a chance and thank goodness that you all have a website like Crackberry that actually seems to care about there users. Since I joined I received so many 3rd party apps free. How many $500 golf clubs does the public get for free?

And I agree w/ Crucial
    Last edited by PGAPRO; 02-04-09 at 08:22 PM.
    02-04-09 08:19 PM
    Sith and CX

just curious, but whats the latest OS rim is testing now for the storm?
    02-04-09 08:39 PM
    First, I think we need to be thankful that we are able to get beta releases in the first place. Second, (Again) You can not complain about a beta just because you (the public) are not supposed to have it. In my business I have gotten to see a lot of prototype golf clubs, ball, and gadgets. Most of which took 2+ years into the making and ended up not being sold to the public. So when it comes to RIM and Verizon give them a chance and thank goodness that you all have a website like Crackberry that actually seems to care about there users. Since I joined I received so many 3rd party apps free. How many $500 golf clubs does the public get for free?

And I agree w/ Crucial
    AMEN...
    Have fun with what you got, if you dont like it go back to .75. We are lucky to be afforded the opportunity to use these Beta's. I have never seen more spoiled people as I have seen here in these particular forums. It has been only 4 days since the last leak and as I look at all the threads of "When is the next release" or "What do you think the next release will be" or even "Wish list" it makes me laugh and realize how unappreciative some are.
    Well here is my wish, I would like my storm to work perfectly, make my bed, walk my dog, iron my shirts make me breakfast and last but not least wash my car......until then I am going to keep loading beta's, officials or whatever might come along and enjoy what I get.....

My .02 worth and remember patience is a virtue
    02-04-09 08:40 PM
    Why is this gotten so complex and confusing, the bottom line is very simple. If anyone is paying X amount of dollars per month for a cell phone, paid X amount of dollars for the Storm, pays X amount of dollars for unlimited SMS messaging, pays X amount of dollars for minutes and data plan and everything else - the LEAST we can ask for is a phone that does the BASIC functions properly. Of course there will always be upgrades that's beside the point. When I owned and LG Voyager and the first firmware update came out for it you better believe I was going crazy! But before the firmware update, you better believe the BASIC PHONE FUNCTIONING worked absolutely perfectly.

On the .75 OS the blue light and keystrokes were WAY behind the average user. When my buddy types on his Storm with .75 OS I crack up at how awfully slow it is and he just laughs and says he's used to it or he gets tons and tons of errors. The point that I'm making is not that the leaked beta versions of these updates aren't perfect, it's that I can't get over the fact that an OS hasn't been officially released from Verizon yet just to at least SATISFY those of us who previously enjoyed MAXIMIZING the money we spent on unlimited SMS messaging every month.
    02-04-09 08:43 PM
    Lets see,
    AT&T's bold launches with an OS in the 160s range doesnt it? So at least 160 attempts before they "got it right".
    Storm 75 attempts. To put it on par would give you another 90 attempts before it is "gotten right"
    Ahhh. Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking along those lines. Though I really like(d) .76 the official Bell release for the 9530. Just as stable (moreso) than .75 and faster, especially accelerometer. Of course the camera is virtually unusable for any living subject matter before the .85 build. So given that RIM seems to be able to produce 2 OS a week, my higly refined math skills tells me that a solid, bug free build is not too far away.

Oh wait, that's what you guys have been saying... nevermind.
    02-04-09 08:44 PM
    Just imagine it this way, and i've said this before, imagine the BETA OS's were all removed. All the .8x-.9x .xxx betas.

Now back to the Bold and Storm, CX and Garz has said the Bold hasn't had a single update.

Remember Storms OS .65? The horror of it? As i've said before, without any Betas, to those out there who don't use betas, be glad you got a .75 OS update unlike the Bold has gotten anything.

JM2C...but still, .65 was terrible. At least .75 is slow, but fully functionable.
    02-04-09 08:45 PM
    First, I think we need to be thankful that we are able to get beta releases in the first place. Second, (Again) You can not complain about a beta just because you (the public) are not supposed to have it. In my business I have gotten to see a lot of prototype golf clubs, ball, and gadgets. Most of which took 2+ years into the making and ended up not being sold to the public. So when it comes to RIM and Verizon give them a chance and that goodness that you all have a website like Crackberry that actually seems to care about there users. Since I joined I received so many 3rd party apps free. How many $500 golf clubs does the public get for free?

And I agree w/ Crucial
    Agree about the apps, people need to stop compaining about the price of some of the non free apps. Now that i have used it, I would pay 20 for quicklauncher.
    02-04-09 08:45 PM
    Don't remember off the top of my head which os ver it was but the Bold was released on Rogers 6 months before it was even on AT&T. They had a much longer time to tinker with it, the storm is 2 months in and it runs pretty good, not perfect but pretty damn good now.
    02-04-09 08:53 PM
    Why is this gotten so complex and confusing, the bottom line is very simple. If anyone is paying X amount of dollars per month for a cell phone, paid X amount of dollars for the Storm, pays X amount of dollars for unlimited SMS messaging, pays X amount of dollars for minutes and data plan and everything else - the LEAST we can ask for is a phone that does the BASIC functions properly. Of course there will always be upgrades that's beside the point. When I owned and LG Voyager and the first firmware update came out for it you better believe I was going crazy! But before the firmware update, you better believe the BASIC PHONE FUNCTIONING worked absolutely perfectly.

On the .75 OS the blue light and keystrokes were WAY behind the average user. When my buddy types on his Storm with .75 OS I crack up at how awfully slow it is and he just laughs and says he's used to it or he gets tons and tons of errors. The point that I'm making is not that the leaked beta versions of these updates aren't perfect, it's that I can't get over the fact that an OS hasn't been officially released from Verizon yet just to at least SATISFY those of us who previously enjoyed MAXIMIZING the money we spent on unlimited SMS messaging every month.
    Yes your right but this has already been beaten to death on this forum and I've done my share of that. lol. All we can do at this point is wait. I would rather wait a little longer for a good official release from RIM than some half a$$ed attempt like .75 was. The only reason I'm saying this is because we have .99 and for now I'm content to have it.
    02-04-09 08:54 PM
    Collide.six,

Quite a lot of Random Reboots and lockups from your storm. I got mine exactly one month from yours and have had probably about 60 reboots and 20 lockups.

Off-topic, but back on here ---Yes, same here. I'd rather wait then have some .105 come out with a faster but still too slow and not the "good" type OS.
    02-04-09 08:57 PM
    Dear RIM,
    Please, please, please, release something so that whiny posts will not be made anymore about how "I bought this and it doesn't work," or "give us something now!"

Oh wait... It doesn't matter what comes out, the masses will ALWAYS find a reason to complain. Otherwise their heads would implode.

I swear, some of these people would totally get jacked up and kicked out of Willy Wonka's place. Probably looking like a giant blueberry.
    02-04-09 09:06 PM
    I see in your first post you mention .90 & .99. Well, technically, you can't complain about anything other than .75 because it's the latest official release. Betas do not count. To the best of my knowledge, everything functions properly in .75. Maybe not as good as it should, but it works. Anything other than .75 is illegal and unreleased software, thus you can't complain about it.
    I understand it's frustrating, but give them time. They will get it right. But you must understand the next official release must be pretty close to perfect.
    I'm still using .75 and, for the most part, it works for me. I really WANT to try one of these Betas, but when I read all the complaints here, I figure I'm better off with what I've got. For the "most part" my phone is stable (got it on 11/21) and does what I need it to. My BIGGEST gripe is Voice Dialing...phone freezes up on Initializing about 25% of the time, very annoying. Other than that though, while not lightning fast, the device works!

I see no point in VZW releasing an Official OS if they've not yet got the vast majority of bugs worked out. Until such time (which hopefully, won't be too long), I'll sit on my hands (and not my phone)!
    02-04-09 09:08 PM
    I apologize for my ignorance and off topic here but I just wiped my Storm with the JL Loader whatever it's called and installed .99 OS - but where did all my contacts go and how can I get them back?
    02-04-09 09:10 PM
    I apologize for my ignorance and off topic here but I just wiped my Storm with the JL Loader whatever it's called and installed .99 OS - but where did all my contacts go and how can I get them back?
    Hopefully you backed up your phone before wiping it. You can use desktop manager to restore from a backup.
    02-04-09 09:19 PM
    Dear RIM,
    Please, please, please, release something so that whiny posts will not be made anymore about how "I bought this and it doesn't work," or "give us something now!"

Oh wait... It doesn't matter what comes out, the masses will ALWAYS find a reason to complain. Otherwise their heads would implode.

I swear, some of these people would totally get jacked up and kicked out of Willy Wonka's place. Probably looking like a giant blueberry.
    I've definitely noticed a huge drop in complaints on this forum and quite a few praises since .99 was leaked. Funny how a half decent update can do that...
    02-04-09 09:24 PM
    Sith and CX

just curious, but whats the latest OS rim is testing now for the storm?
    They aren't going to answer this, so don't bother asking. I don't understand why people don't get that.
    02-04-09 09:36 PM
171 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD