To CX and Sith,

I am not trying to start an argument here guys. Please don't think I am. I feel for the guy I really do, but I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy fix for this. They will get us out an official stable OS, when they finally build it, and guys like you test it for them. Was the three months you mentioned before the initial launch or the AT&T holdup?
    02-04-09 07:19 PM
    I think the repeated leaks are part of the problem. There are those of us that like the leaks, find them fun to test out, but understand that .75 is probably more stable if that's what we are looking for. But there is a whole other group that thinks that lots of leaks means that someone -- RIM or Verizon, depending on your thread of choice -- is doing something wrong by not releasing another official version immediately. And then there are all the flames -- worst of any forum I have ever been on.

Anyway, I hope that the leaks don't stop, I hope that VZ signs off an a stable updated OS in the reasonable future, and I hope that the Storm forums become a friendlier place. (And I am sure someone will flame me for kissing CX's a**, which I am not, and for some other perceived wild transgression).
    I concur. I've beta tested firmware/programs/etc for years now. I LOVE to install new things and find the bugs. In this case it kind of sucks because I can't give my direct feedback as I could with other betas, but that's just me. I love to tinker and find the loopholes and the errors. When something is beta and solid, I love that also. I throw everything at it and see what it can take.

The problem lies in the people that take leaks as official releases. A LOT of people here complain over every leak, as though they were supposed to have them as an official upgrade. It's like complaining to your mother about dinner not tasting right, before she even finished cooking it. If your greedy behind didn't go into the kitchen and steal from the pot, you wouldn't know it was wrong until dinner was served. At which point, if she could cook .. it would be good. Maybe not the best .. but tasty none the less.
    All I know is that I am very happy with .99. We shouldn't have it but without it I would be disappointed in the storm. I would have felt like we were sold a bill of goods as an Iphone killer. Now instead of looking for the next OS, I am looking for applications. Sure the typing lag in the browser is slightly annoying, but livable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well as I and Sith said, not holding a 3G connection is one. Atleast the Storm works on 3G with no problem. Javascript. Theres plenty. The point is you act like the Storm is the only device to ever have problems at launch. Or nothing compares. The Storm functions like it should. It may not do so as good as it should but it does function. Whereas other devices did not, and didn't get official updates as quick as the Storm.
    Please let these people know that this is in regards to .75, the OFFICIAL Verizon release, otherwise you will have people stating that .8x-.9x do not function like it should, and blah blah.
    02-04-09 07:21 PM
    To CX and Sith,

I am not trying to start an argument here guys. Please don't think I am. I feel for the guy I really do, but I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy fix for this. They will get us out an official stable OS, when they finally build it, and guys like you test it for them. Was the three months you mentioned before the initial launch or the AT&T holdup?
    AT&T was several months AFTER the initial launch. The initial launch was delayed by 30 days or more I believe.
    02-04-09 07:22 PM
    Well as I and Sith said, not holding a 3G connection is one. Atleast the Storm works on 3G with no problem. Javascript. Theres plenty. The point is you act like the Storm is the only device to ever have problems at launch. Or nothing compares. The Storm functions like it should. It may not do so as good as it should but it does function. Whereas other devices did not, and didn't get official updates as quick as the Storm.

At&t Bold still has not had its first update yet
    02-04-09 07:23 PM
    My point exactly.....
    02-04-09 07:25 PM
    I'm happy with .75.

You're saying you want an OS that is "not perfect, just good", and .75 is. It's not perfect, but for me and a lot of other people it works fine for the most part. Most people seem overwhelmingly pleased with .99 as well. I'm considering upgrading to .99, but am rather cozy in the "if it ain't broke" camp (I do experience problems with .75, of course, but not significant ones that seriously hinder my daily use).

Every individual phone and OS install is a bit different, so some people experience more problems than others. Sorry it seems like you've been having a hard time. .99 seems VERY promising... if I had to hazard a guess I'd say we don't have that much longer to wait for an official update.
    02-04-09 07:26 PM
    My point exactly.....
    Haha, but that is a network issue, not a device thing.
    02-04-09 07:27 PM
    My point exactly.....
    Well thats not really fair is it? They had several months and thousands of beta testers out there.
    02-04-09 07:28 PM
    Did you ever own an original chocolate that was a p.o.s. It would randomly call people I couldn't finish texting cause it would send it half way through me typing. That was a joke of a phone. Like CX said u can't complain about anything other than .75 everything else is a beta and as it always states INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK meaning your phone might not work as it should.
    02-04-09 07:29 PM
    Haha, but that is a network issue, not a device thing.
    I don't disagree, but .167 is horrible!! Uncaught Exceptions all the time, etc. But it hasn't got an official update versus the Storm. I'm surely not saying the Storm doesn't have problems. It definitely needs an update. My point is, updates don't come that often, and Storm owners should be thankful they have received one so far.
    02-04-09 07:30 PM
    Well thats not really fair is it? They had several months and thousands of beta testers out there.

Except other OS's have been leaked, and released by other carriers.
    02-04-09 07:31 PM
    I'm happy with .75.

You're saying you want an OS that is "not perfect, just good", and .75 is. It's not perfect, but for me and a lot of other people it works fine for the most part. Most people seem overwhelmingly pleased with .99 as well. I'm considering upgrading to .99, but am rather cozy in the "if it ain't broke" camp (I do experience problems with .75, of course, but not significant ones that seriously hinder my daily use).

Every individual phone and OS install is a bit different, so some people experience more problems than others. Sorry it seems like you've been having a hard time. .99 seems VERY promising... if I had to hazard a guess I'd say we don't have that much longer to wait for an official update.
    If you're happy with .75, hold steady. You can upgrade if you'd like, but I hear you with the "if it aint broke" feeling. I'm a tinkerer, so I always have to update to the latest and greatest (or first and worst), lol.
    02-04-09 07:31 PM
    Did you ever own an original chocolate that was a p.o.s. It would randomly call people I couldn't finish texting cause it would send it half way through me typing. That was a joke of a phone. Like CX said u can't complain about anything other than .75 everything else is a beta and as it always states INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK meaning your phone might not work as it should.
    I may be totally off base here, but the disclaimer "install at your own risk" makes it sound like the thing will blow up if you do it wrong. I dunno how many people understand that the process of installing a beta is the same process you go through to install an official one.
    02-04-09 07:32 PM
    So far I am sticking with .75 everything seems to work decently. But I just got my second random reboot for no reason, so we'll see what happens.
    I just started getting random reboots today. happened twice. I've had my phone for 3 weeks tomorrow, running 75. Never had any problems with it until today. The only thing I've added is viigo last week. Do OS's tend to become unstable? Also getting a clicking problem at the bottom of the screen. It's becoming hard to click there. it was fine when I got it.
    02-04-09 07:33 PM
    Well I can tell who has a bold and who has a storm around here sounds like somebody is a little ticked cuz the storm is getting most of RIM's attention. To say that stormers are spoiled I think is stretching it. A lot of us would have returned our phones if there weren't any updates.
    02-04-09 07:35 PM
    .75 is both functional and reliable. I have been running it since I got my storm in mid-December. Aside from 1 or 2 reboots, there is nothing wrong with it at all. I've been tempted to upgrade to some of the leaked versions, but I don't want to risk the reliability I currently have. Once they do come out with a new version, I'm sure I'll wish I had installed one of the leaked versions, but I'm happy for now.

Anybody played with a 1st gen Motorola Q? That thing was horrible and it took them about a year to come up with an OS patch for it.

Switch back to .75 or the curve if you're not happy.
    Except other OS's have been leaked, and released by other carriers.
    Sorry not following that. I meant that AT&T had several months and thousands of beta testers out there helping them to get it right. They shouldn't need one nessesarily.
    The AT&T OS is a previous build compared to ones that were released by other carriers. Since all builds come from RIM it would stand to reason the newer releases are better than the AT&T release.
    02-04-09 07:37 PM
    Well I can tell who has a bold and who has a storm around here sounds like somebody is a little ticked cuz the storm is getting most of RIM's attention. To say that stormers are spoiled I think is stretching it. A lot of us would have returned our phones if there weren't any updates.
    I have both, and both of mine work fine, as I'm using SW you all are not. My point is, it's ridiculous for Storm owners to think they should have already gotten 2 official updates this soon after launch. Yes, that is called being spoiled. Especially considering no other device has.
    02-04-09 07:37 PM
    I have both, and both of mine work fine, as I'm using SW you all are not. My point is, it's ridiculous for Storm owners to think they should have already gotten 2 official updates this soon after launch. Yes, that is called being spoiled. Especially considering no other device has.

I have Both plus a Javelin, and also do not use software that is available to most people. The huge deal caused by storm users because they demand a new OS is absurd. You dont see other forums here doing that.
    02-04-09 07:39 PM
    No, no it did not. Also, the Bold was delayed 3 months, whereas the Storm only a month. You don't use a Bold so you have no clue. the launches were the same. The Bold had a ton of problems too. Still does have some.
    Ahhhhhhhh..........I truly do love responses from the real experts with correct information putting the so called "experts" in their place. Do keep up the good work Crucial. Just fantastic!!!!!!!
    02-04-09 07:46 PM
    I see your point but my response to that would be that we stormers wouldn't be demanding another update so soon if RIM had gotten it right the first time. There's still a lot of unresolved issues with the .75 release. Yes, it's useable but the performance is sub-par. With .90 & .99 were finally seeing some real progress. I do want RIM to "get it right" with this next release and they shouldn't release it until it's ready.
    02-04-09 07:54 PM
    There are so many other phones that came out with OS's that failed much more than the Storms, and didn't get a .75 OS update nearly as quickly as we have.

The real problem is that they hyped the phone up to do so much more than it did at launch. If they hadn't played the phone up so much in commercials and ads, I don't think we would have expected a .99 OS from its launch.

I totally want an official OS update though.
    02-04-09 08:00 PM
171 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD