I tried Verizon's visual VM and think it's a joke. I thought maybe it translated the VM into text like an SMS message, which would be great for times when you don't want to be sitting there with the phone to your ear and can't run the speaker. Of course, it doesn't and to me is completely worthless. Besides that, a little searching on the forum took me to youmail...looks pretty cool and it's free.

However, what I really want is to have the VM translated to text. I wouldn't expect it to always be perfectly on, but if you still had the option of dialing in and listening, it wouldn't matter anyway. Any app that will do this? I've been searching and haven't found one yet....
    01-26-09 12:17 PM
    Youmail does have that option but it's a monthly service fee. Seemed reasonable though between 2 and 6 bucks a month or something for transcription.
    01-26-09 12:19 PM
    Sweet! Youmail here I come.
    01-26-09 12:25 PM
    YouMail's "transcription" isn't always perfect and you do have a monthly subscription. I subscribe and do like it for the very reason you said. When I'm on a conference call, or any call for that matter, I can read the voice mails that come in. You do have some options available, and I had to remove the "Please speak clearly" message that plays first. I thought it was silly, but thats just me.

Youmail is wonderful.
    01-26-09 12:36 PM
    Then what does the Verizon's Visual Voicemail do? I thought it did that and was thinking of adding it.
    01-26-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD