PEPID has been working well for me. Regarding the hyperlinks, when I click on them, it brings up the menu & then press "Get link".
    Epocrates works reasonable well with some bugs, such as not being able to select medications on the Drug Interactions menu. Downloading is a bit of a problem, since the Blackberry browser loads a page which says something like "device not compatible". I had success using Opera Mini to download OTA from get(dot)epocrates(dot)com. I'm eagerly awaiting the native Storm version of Epocrates.
    01-08-09 11:18 PM
    EtherMD

I owe you a tremendous thank you. I am dependent on Epocrates and had no way to get it on my storm...and had already given away my Palm.

Well I downloaded Opera (which btw is notably faster than the stock browser). Went to get.epocrates.com and followed the steps. Now I can look up the drug info I need. Haven't tested the interactions menu (never used it) or the medmath (will check it soon).

Again, thank you!
    And to those of you who think this may be a hassle, the whole process took about an hour (45 minutes of which were the device downloading epocrates- you don't even have to be around for it!). I'd encourage you to give it a shot if you need a PDR substitute and don't want to shell out the money for lexi.

Cheers
    01-09-09 03:20 PM
    For those of you who are having problems downloading Epocrates, here is the link to the forum post which has the exact method I used:

forums(dot)crackberry(dot)com/f134/medical-storm-stuff-121292/index3.html#post1380046

Sorry about the link format. I don't have 10 posts, so I can't post links & I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure how to go about linking a post in another forum.

Hope this is helpful.
    01-10-09 12:19 PM
    just downloaded epocrates (via OTA at get.epocrates.com). so far the only issue is that i can't close/shut down the program so it always remains active. could be a huge memory leak. the jury is still out.
    01-21-09 10:58 PM
    just downloaded epocrates (via OTA at get.epocrates.com). so far the only issue is that i can't close/shut down the program so it always remains active. could be a huge memory leak. the jury is still out.
    I also downloaded to my storm yesterday and uninstalled after about 1 hour. It is still not storm-specific so the keyboard stays up the whole time (even after turning off compatibility mode) and it can't be closed so it is always running and slows down my storm too much for my liking. I'll wait for the storm version, but I really miss having it (previous palm user).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 05:32 AM
    Just got my Storm a couple of days ago and downloaded ePocrates right away - works like a charm so far. Can't download all the other ePocrates tools, like MedMath, but haven't found the problem closing the app mentioned above.
    02-14-09 06:06 PM
    ^^
    so how do you close it?

Just clicking back or the red BB key doesn't close it. It's still running in the background, and using up memory and slowing down the phone.
    02-14-09 07:17 PM
    Epocates pro is available for storm.
    I am using it on my storm without any problems. If you are switching from palm to BB storm you do have to do some adjustments. It is working fine.
    Main part of the program is on the main memory and rest of the program is on the media card. The program checks it if the device has the media card and automatically transfers the rest of the elements of the program on to the media card. My previous devices were treo 650 and the treo700P.
    I have couple of other programs on my treo700P(no serivice) waiting for
    those programs to be available for storm.
    02-14-09 07:18 PM
    This thread just reminded me. As alot of us have bought Storms recently, Blackberry is offering a 1 year subscription to Epocrates Rx Pro if you register for this offer within 2 weeks of your purchase. I registered for it and received a code very quickly. I've yet to actually make use of it.

https://www.blackberry.com/HealthCareOffer/index.do

edit: jsut started a new thread in the 3rd party apps section of the crackberry with some more info
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-14-09 at 09:15 PM.
    02-14-09 07:57 PM
    im a med student and i use epocartes alright as well as uptodate online.
    02-14-09 08:22 PM
    I would sure like to be able to put "Neofax" on my Storm. Had it on my Treo. Of course, there probably is not as much demand for it as Epocrates, as it is limited to NICU users.
    02-14-09 09:51 PM
    Epocrates still seems to be the best option for me, but PEPID and QxMD also work well. I probably use the mobile browser to access mobile medical webpages the most.
    05-17-09 01:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD