I've discovered that Epocrates and most (if not all) of my Skyscape products that I use on my Palm T/X are compatible with the Storm.

The problem is that I talked to Epocrates support and they only allow downloads to one product (BB or Palm, not both).

I really would like to be able to not have to have two devices, expecially if I can keep everything on my Storm. My question is, has anyone else tried either Epocrates or the Skyscape products on their Storm, and if so, how well do they work?
    11-25-08 10:32 PM
    It's my understanding that Epocrates is not available for the Storm yet...but am anxiously anticipating it's release! Have not tried the other products on the storm.
    11-25-08 11:15 PM
    It's my understanding that Epocrates is not available for the Storm yet...but am anxiously anticipating it's release! Have not tried the other products on the storm.

According to Epocrates support, it is.
    11-25-08 11:39 PM
    I use Lexi Drugs on my BlackBerry. It's web based (accessed through an activation code), and it's pretty sweet. I have my Storm on the way, so we'll see how well it works with that. Never used Epocrates on the BB, but on the PocketPC it was ok. I like Lexi Drugs more.
    11-25-08 11:52 PM
    According to Epocrates support, it is.
    I did an online chat session with Epocrates support and was told that it is not supported on the Storm yet. It is in development with no time frame for release.

I purchased a Storm for my sister who is in her last year of college to be a Pharmacist. I wanted to DL the software for the Storm but was thinking about putting it on a memory card and sending it to her to use on her Pearl until it is available on the Storm.

Question, does the software save to the memorry card or does it stay on the device memory?
    11-26-08 12:03 AM
    scape is slow on the 8330... and has most common stuff for tools/references not that impressed. Thats the stuff I remember. Is epocrates the same way? I tried to download but with 8 gig card still not enuff memory.
    11-26-08 08:51 AM
    I've discovered that Epocrates and most (if not all) of my Skyscape products that I use on my Palm T/X are compatible with the Storm.

The problem is that I talked to Epocrates support and they only allow downloads to one product (BB or Palm, not both).

I really would like to be able to not have to have two devices, expecially if I can keep everything on my Storm. My question is, has anyone else tried either Epocrates or the Skyscape products on their Storm, and if so, how well do they work?
    Hey Sandman�my wife who is a first year resident bought the Storm because of Epocrates being compatible and working on the Storm. When our phones arrive�i'll let you know of any issues�if any.
    11-26-08 08:55 AM
    https://www.epocrates.com/products/rx/blackberry.html

There is a disclosure on this page that Epocrates will not be available until 2009.
    11-26-08 09:30 AM
    Epocrates will be available early 2009 for the BB Storm.
    11-26-08 09:40 AM
    I have the RX free version on my storm, transfered it over from my curve. It works ok, but it is kinda buggy since it is not designed to work with a touch screen phone. I'm awaiting the RX pro version made for the Storm to release in 2009, as it looks to be the best software for pharmacy.

Also, my wife is finishing nursing school and I got her the Storm. She wants some good reference software, does anybody have the skyscape software on their Storm?
    11-26-08 09:55 AM
    I purchased the storm and have tried to use PEPID. It does not work. I recommend against buying it as tehy never tried it on the storm therefore they should not have sold it for the storm yet.

As far as epocrates...how did you get it to work? How did you get ther other Palm software to work on the Storm such as med calc?
    11-26-08 10:03 AM
    I have the RX free version on my storm, transfered it over from my curve. It works ok, but it is kinda buggy since it is not designed to work with a touch screen phone. I'm awaiting the RX pro version made for the Storm to release in 2009, as it looks to be the best software for pharmacy.

Also, my wife is finishing nursing school and I got her the Storm. She wants some good reference software, does anybody have the skyscape software on their Storm?
    How did you port it over from your Curve? Is there anyway I can load it directly onto my Storm as I don't have a Curve? When I try to load it from the web it doesn't recognize the Storm and won't let me download it. I'm willing to put up with the small issues until it's officially supported.
    11-26-08 10:50 AM
    Got refunded.
    Last update was:

Question: Does Epocrates support the BlackBerry Storm?

Answer:

Epocrates Rx is not currently available on the Blackberry Storm. We are actively working on a compatible version and expect it to be available by early 2009.
    This is deal killer. I will be trading in for a Samsung Omnia on 12/8 in the AM!!
    11-26-08 02:45 PM
    Epocrates Website does not allow new install of Epocrates Rx free since tells tou to goto get.epocrates.com via device. It then says not supported.

Is there a location to direct download Free BB version to then transfer to Storm??
    11-26-08 02:50 PM
    I am an ICU RN and I currently use the Lexi-Comp suite. There are advantages and disadvantages to each system. I like the fact that the lexi suite uses the internet to grab the database, therefore, it's always up to date. This makes it better so you're not always updating the databases with new info...it's an awesome point of care reference. I've used the skyscape suites and epocrates in the past, and to me, they don't measure up to Lexi Comp. It stinks if you don't get cell signal in your facility though, then it's rendered useless. It does work with wifi, but not everyone has wifi in their facility.

I have personally used Lexi comp with my new Storm, and it isn't perfect, in fact, far from it. For example, if I look up coumadin, and it brings up the list of drugs, if I highlight the coumadin, it disappears in the list, but I can still depress the screen, then pick the database to look it up in, (ex: nursing drugs, or lexi drugs.) It still functions, just gotta get used to it. I haven't tried to disable compatibility mode and attempt to use it. So, hope this helps some of you, Lexi is pretty good at updating their stuff, so it should be fixed shortly, I would think.
    11-26-08 02:51 PM
    Pepid's website says it works with the storm, but has issues. THey are working to fix them.

Pepid also has a URL based product. I haven't tried it. Sounds similar to the Lexi-Comp that was discussed. Would like to hear if the Pepid "wireless mobile" version works.
    11-26-08 02:57 PM
    Lexi Drugs seems to work. Pricy though. Works ONLY in portrait mode. Will not flip to landscape.
    Not as nice UI as Epocrates.
    11-26-08 03:59 PM
    I'm a med student that used epocrates with my pearl and it transferrd over to the storm. It doesn't work perfectly but I'm able look up the drugs but it takes a little longer hopeduly the update wil happen soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 04:42 PM
    i have skyscape up and running on my storm without a problem
    11-26-08 04:48 PM
    This is one of the reasons I still have my PC6800... just for Epocrates. Hopefully they will update for the Storm 'early' as promised. I may have to look into Skyscape. Any other BB Storm users that care to comment on Skyscape performance?
    11-26-08 04:56 PM
    Lexi-drugs SUCKs..and is expensive. They did refund me.

Got Skyscape. Works fairly well in Portrait mode only. More useable. The touch is off calibration since not designed for Storm but workable. Better to use BB button & menu clicking.

Might just help me keep Storm instead of changing to Omnia.
    12-02-08 01:42 AM
    I'm looking forward to using Skyscape with the Storm, if what everyone says is true. I want to be able to look up info on the fly.
    12-02-08 01:52 AM
    I used Epocrates with my Curve, but now I'm in the waiting mode
    12-02-08 01:54 AM
    Pepid's website says it works with the storm, but has issues. THey are working to fix them.

Pepid also has a URL based product. I haven't tried it. Sounds similar to the Lexi-Comp that was discussed. Would like to hear if the Pepid "wireless mobile" version works.
    I tried Pepid this morning. I had two issues.

First is that they advertise that all Blackberry editions of their software includes the Lab Manual. They (at least the Pre-Hospital Suite) do not. I contacted support when I was unable to access it and they said it is not included.

The second is that the software is almost impossible to navigate on the touch screen. You can't select all the links, only a few of them. This makes most of the stuff unavailable.

So, I cancelled my subscription that I had for less than two hours and am now waiting (up to) 30 business days for a refund. There is apparently no way to contact billing to have the authorization on my checking account cancelled. Support says basically, sorry about your luck. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I have looked over the skyscape stuff and think I'll get that. It works on the Storm and I found, in their support area, how to make everything work in landscape mode. I can't post a link because this is my first post, but if you go to their support area and search for storm, it will come up.
    12-29-08 04:31 PM
    Any other updates out there? I was waiting because people were reporting things were buggy.
    It doesn't sound like I'll go with Pepid.
    12-29-08 09:18 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD