Every picture I take now in a blurry mess...

I'm expecting pearl camera speed but its not even close.

My one year old is way to quick for the current storm camera?

Suggestions?

{tied up the kid....but still blurry}

P~

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:12 AM
    Mine is the same way. Super slow. My brothers on the other hand is really fast. Same OS. Not sure what the problem is.

02-18-09 11:19 AM
    Hey there. Undertow try this way: wipe your Berry, and reload your OS. Wilsopd: Wich OS is on your BB?
    02-18-09 11:24 AM
    yeah, try to wipe it out
    02-18-09 11:38 AM
    If you turn off image stabilization the camera speed increases by a noticeable amount

02-18-09 11:42 AM
    get a Nikon.
    02-18-09 12:08 PM
    Same thing on mine. Uber slow. I checked and my image stabilization was already off.
    02-18-09 12:44 PM
    Yea the slow speed bothers me quite a bit too...especially when my girlfriend is sitting there snapping away on her iphone (although i know we have higher megapixels but still).

I also really wish that after you took a picture it would automatically default back to picture mode rather than having to press a button first...makes it that much slower.
    02-18-09 12:53 PM
    Half click the button/or touch the screen. Let the camera focus once its done focusing (white box will turn green) you camera is ready to take the picture. then click.

Thats the "problem" w/ having a auto focus lens in the storm.
    02-18-09 12:54 PM
    get a Nikon.
    Ni-what Canon EOS
    02-18-09 12:58 PM
    yeah, remember to focus first
    02-18-09 11:06 PM
    The newer beta version of the OS's speed it up a ton, I am running beta .103 and the camera works so much faster.
    02-18-09 11:53 PM

I had the same problem with the camera on my phone until this last weekend. I upgraded the OS on my Storm from .75 to .103

I missed countless pictures of my 23 mo son from the 5 second lag on my phone but I've gotten great pics since then. The camera takes a picture pretty quick, and I still have my auto-stabilizer on. The other nice thing is that the black menu bar on the bottom of the screen is now semi-opaque so you can see what the picture will really look like.

I found a great article here, a 101 of how to upgrade your OS. And it had a link of how to wipe your entire phone if you really screw it up. Take those two pages allong with the upgrade and you'll be "clickin' ***" on her iphone.

Last edited by freakberry; 02-18-09 at 11:57 PM.
    02-18-09 11:55 PM
    Yeah, the only way to speed your camera up is to upgrade the os. Every single leaked OS is night and day better than .75. I'm on .99 and the camera works perfectly now.
    02-19-09 01:05 AM
    I couldn't believe the difference when I upgraded to .99. Huge! I reccomend upgrading as well. I have 3 kids and always use my phone cam bc I never remember my reg cam!

02-19-09 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the response!

Upgraded to .103 last night!

Camera lag is much improved. Not as responsive as pearl, but much better than. .75

I also really like the opaque menu bar much better!

I had the same problem with the camera on my phone until this last weekend. I upgraded the OS on my Storm from .75 to .103

I missed countless pictures of my 23 mo son from the 5 second lag on my phone but I've gotten great pics since then. The camera takes a picture pretty quick, and I still have my auto-stabilizer on. The other nice thing is that the black menu bar on the bottom of the screen is now semi-opaque so you can see what the picture will really look like.

I found a great article here, a 101 of how to upgrade your OS. And it had a link of how to wipe your entire phone if you really screw it up. Take those two pages allong with the upgrade and you'll be "clickin' ***" on her iphone.

02-19-09 10:09 AM
    Tht opaque bottom screen is pretty neat

02-19-09 11:24 AM
    I was going to suggest an OS of .90 or higher. .90 has been working great for me, except I would like the keyboard quickER than it is. I have tried up to .103 and was disappointed at best with the overall performances with the higher leaks. The camera has been improved in most, so if that is what you are going for, .103 should work.
    02-19-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD