1. tpierce67's Avatar
    Here's my story. It isn't a rant, or a Storm bashing, or anything like that.

    I wasn't convinced the Storm was for me so I was not one of the many crackberry addicts waiting in lines in the cold on Friday (release day ).

    But by the end of the day on Friday after reading all the posts and what not I couldn't resist and decided I wanted a Storm and the fact that I was eligible for an upgrade plus could receive a corp discount via my employer made it more desirable.

    So I put my Curve on Ebay Friday afternoon and was excited to see yesterday that some lucky person used my Buy It Now price and was now the proud owner of a BB curve in LN condition.

    So I got up early today and was off in search of the perfect Storm.......WAKE UP CALL !!!!!!!

    Went to 2 corp stores, which had none......I was told at this time they are only taking orders and having the phone shipped direct to your home. The soonest I could get one was Dec 15.......I was bummed.

    I get online and see that 2 local BB's have them in stock so off i go. I was told they were out of stock......the ones on hand are already spoken for. I could put $50 down and they would order for me and call me in a couple weeks when it comes in.......I was panicked.

    I then went to a CC and was told the same thing........we'd have to order one for you and it's probably going to be middle of Dec before you get it.........I was pissed.

    So now I'm in a predicament. I've sold my Curve and can't get a Storm. It was also hinted that the Dec 15 date is not a guarantee.

    I get home and call CS. Paul was great. However, he told me the bad news also. At this point I was like F#$K it and placed my order. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for the next 3 weeks without my BB, or a phone for that matter.

    I asked if there were even a slim chance they would ship before that date and Paul was very honest......which I was impressed......and said anything is possible but it's highly unlikely. He told me it would be best to just plan on Dec 15, which is the supposed ship date, meaning I won't actually get it unitl the 17th.

    So anyway, I'm already feeling the symptoms of withdrawl coming over me. I've got no one to blame but myself. I should have done a little more research before committing my precious curve for sale.

    I just wanted to share my semi-funny story with a great group of fellow crackheads. If there are any kind souls here that wish to console me it would be much appreciated. LOL.
    11-23-08 08:04 PM
  2. sdmilton's Avatar
    i am kind of in that position right now. well i needed 3 storms (1 for me, 1 for my fiance, and 1 for my mother as a bday present)

    on friday i went to verizon at 630am. they had 6 and i got the sixth voucher. i was told more would be in by saturday. well, i had to make a decision... to give my mother the one they had in stock and to wait for the other 2? or to take the one and let them wait for them. well I HAD TO HAVE IT NOW! i figured enough would come in that day or saturday to supply me with the other 2 i needed....

    WRONG! sure i was able to get one for me and could wait for the others. well i went ahead and ordered one and opted for the overnight delivery. it will be here tomorrow. now i have to choose to either give my fiance that one or give it to my mother (her bday was yesterday)

    haha.... i hate damn choices!

    both of them have played with my storm and love it! both of them have purchased accessories for one too!
    11-23-08 08:12 PM
  3. insanely's Avatar
    i got mine shipped from my corp rep with my discount as well on friday morning. the local fedex place has it but they won't allow you to pick up things most of the time before they attempt to deliver it at least once
    so i'm SOL but only until tomorrow or tuesday when its supposed to arrive!

    wahoo! sorry, didn't mean to rub it in too much
    11-23-08 08:17 PM
  4. buxleyp's Avatar
    now i have to choose to either give my fiance that one or give it to my mother (her bday was yesterday)
    Choice? You have no choice. Give it to your fiance; make your future life easier.

    You can tell your mom that there were problems with the phone, so you're waiting for them to fix all the issues before gifting her one.
    11-23-08 09:09 PM