While you have undoubtedly earned the highest respect in your less than a month membership here and 240+ posts per day, I don't see how your "inside knowledge" or expertise pertains to the comment I made. I am simply implying that you shouldn't treat people like they are children by teasing them.

And on a side note, snide remarks like "I'm not sure who you are" do not offend me, but again, with over 2000 posts in less than one month, I'm quite surprised you haven't read all 200 of my previous entries.

But that's all I'll say on the matter, so, in conclusion, have a nice life.

LOL, see once AGAIN, you speak on something you have NO clue about. First off, I do NOT have 2000 posts in a month. My user account was switched(for valid reason). So, you see what happens when you assume. Need I say it? Didn't think so, but thnx.
    You just had to step into a thread you had no part in, to not talk about the subject at hand, but to voice your displeasure in something you need not be concerned about. As I said, we had PM'd each other and we were on the same page.
    So I refer ONCE AGAIN to my first reply to you sir. There was no reason for the first comment; as him and I were agreed. and the second; trying to highlight the fact I have 2000 posts in a month when it's not the case.
    I have already invested too much time in you, and refuse to do so any longer. Especially when, "you had no part in this thread" to begin with, hence showing what could only be considered as ignorance, thus, two posts proving it.
    07-28-08 04:48 PM
    I hate to get involved in catfights about me, but I have to admit to being totally non-offended by Crucial's comments and, indeed, not even realising that I was supposed to be.

<sigh> If I were more sensitive, I might sometimes give a damn.

Crucial may well know more than I do... it would not exactly be the first time in my life that this has happened. I was trying to extract some info about what he does actually know, but it didn't really matter anyway... I'll get a phone when I get one, and it will be whichever phone suits me the best at that time.

Discussing Blackberry's strategic direction is an interesting bit of mental masturbation, but does not exactly have any impact on the real world.
    07-28-08 04:54 PM
    i havent been here that long, and the 2 things i have learned is....
    1. BMC and Crucial are some of the best posters on here.. knowledge far beyond normal people..

2. we are a family here.. The best one that i have had in a looong time..
    07-28-08 05:18 PM
    #1- why is it that people can't take it when you point out something they did wrong? Crucial, you may as well know more than anyone on here & I completely respect that cuz ur giving us some great info but all that JTlA1188 was saying was that your manner was a bit arrogant & I actually thought the same thing when I 1st read it. This in no way is an attack on anyone, just an observation.
    #2- I do agree w/the idea that RIM is testing the Thunder w/Verizon & getting a great deal outta them as well! IMO, I think that some form of version #2 will go to GSM sooner than expected & will be twice as good cuz they would fix whatever was wrong w/the #1. Patience is a virtue....although RIM has been stretching it a bit too far! And if I am wrong & a touch screen does not ever go to GSM, they will lose a lot of loyal customers, including me! BTW, is the Storm suppose to be the Thunder or is it a completely different BB altogether??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 10:22 PM
    Well what RIM hasn't released is that there are more BB customers on VZW than any other network in the world. They also have the highest margin of govt contracts now, as they recently added the FBI and parts of the DOD/DHS to their clients. Vodafone is a stakeholder in VZW, which is why they will get it. Also the sales target is in the millions of units. They picked VZW because they didn't want to out the 9500 up against the iPhone on the same carrier, and vzw is also the only carrier to require a BB data plan of the Big 4 (soon to be 3).

07-28-08 10:29 PM
    Touchscreen Blackberry = 9500 = Thunder = Storm = who knows what it will actually be called when finally released...

I have to say that Apple seems to have hugely messed up with the 3G... Not much improvement over Version 1 and yet a whole slew of problems. I suspect that the next release of the iPhone will have shorter lines of people willing to pay for the privilege of being beta testers. Not slamming Apple... it happens to everyone at some point. I just hope that this does not happen with the Thunder. It would seriously hurt RIM if they were perceived to be releasing a prototype to Verizon. Let's hope that the Thunder 1.0 is worthy of the Blackberry label.
    07-28-08 11:51 PM
    I heard that if you type something and you just want to erase everything you can hold it upside down and shake it like an Etch-a-Sketch.
    Lmao! Wow that just made my day.

07-29-08 02:33 PM
    Lmao! Wow that just made my day.

I believe there are phones that do this or phones in the works that do this using the accelerometer or camera as a sensor.
    07-29-08 03:26 PM
    And of course there are GSM models of the Thunder.
    07-31-08 02:12 AM
    HUH? Please explain?
    07-31-08 09:38 AM
    I suspect that Crucial means that most non-American versions of the Thunder will have to be GSM since that is the predominant technology internationally.
    07-31-08 10:35 AM
    You sly bast@rd... getting everyone up in arms! hahahahaahaha

We tried to tell them not to doubt before... but dropping HINTS was not good enough! So you went and said it flat out! hahaha
    07-31-08 10:37 AM
    The question was, when will the Thunder come to GSM?? Well. Its here. There are GSM model Thunders. But you guys should have already figured that by yourselvesn with no help from me. The question is, how is theThunder going to be deployed when its released. That I am not going to share.

07-31-08 10:44 AM
    The question was, when will the Thunder come to GSM?? Well. Its here. There are GSM model Thunders. But you guys should have already figured that by yourselvesn with no help from me. The question is, how is theThunder going to be deployed when its released. That I am not going to share.

Will we be seeing a CDMA version of the Thunder in NA before we see a GSM version?
    07-31-08 12:11 PM
    Ok Crucial...my head is spinning. Everything we've heard is that the Thunder is both GSM and CDMA but only has Euro GSM frequencies. Are you saying there will be models of the Thunder for U.S. GSM frequencies? If so, what about the supposed exclusivity of the Thunder for Verizon/Vodaphone? Unless, the Storm and Thunder are two separate phones and one is U.S. GSM with a qwerty keyboard?
    07-31-08 04:54 PM
    I read somewhere the other day that the thunder would be a lifetime verizon/vod exclusive

07-31-08 05:28 PM
    This is the link to where I read lifetime exclusive

BlackBerry Thunder: Touchscreen BlackBerry Coming To Verizon | RIMarkable

07-31-08 05:34 PM
    Ok Crucial...my head is spinning. Everything we've heard is that the Thunder is both GSM and CDMA but only has Euro GSM frequencies. Are you saying there will be models of the Thunder for U.S. GSM frequencies? If so, what about the supposed exclusivity of the Thunder for Verizon/Vodaphone? Unless, the Storm and Thunder are two separate phones and one is U.S. GSM with a qwerty keyboard?
    I'm telling you I have seen a Thunder running on Rogers.
    07-31-08 05:57 PM
    I'm telling you I have seen a Thunder running on Rogers.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't Rogers in Canada? So they use Euro GSM frequencies don't they?

07-31-08 06:07 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Isn't Rogers in Canada? So they use Euro GSM frequencies don't they?

LMAO! Step back and think about that one for a second...

You even said Rogers is in Canada.

Canada, eh?! Yeah, Canada = Rogers

Canada = North America

North America is not Europe!

You can run a Rogers device on TMobile or ATT...
    07-31-08 08:06 PM

Canada = North America

I was going to say that, but I refrained. I figured someone else you get to it.
    07-31-08 08:28 PM

Canada = North America

Duh...i know Canada is in North America....i thought they would use overseas frequencies but anyway. So, then the Thunder is not exclusive to Vodaphone and Verizon? Tha't insane
    07-31-08 08:41 PM
    Here is RIMs patent on the Touchscreen----> http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/...enbbpatent.jpg
    07-31-08 09:47 PM
    Crucial, WHAT THE ****?

I thought it was a euro GSM and a US CDMA-only phone for verizon and vodaphone exsclusivly.

Wow I am confused.

those thunders on rogers must be evaluation units for testing purposes or something along those lines..
    07-31-08 09:58 PM
    Here is RIMs patent on the Touchscreen----> http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/...enbbpatent.jpg
    How long till the phone shows up on the FCC?
    07-31-08 10:07 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD